The purpose of the economics department is to acquaint students with the economic aspects of modern society, to familiarize them with techniques for the analysis of contemporary economic problems, and to develop in them an ability to exercise judgment in evaluating public policy.
The Young Economist Forum (YEF) is a student-run organization mandated to enhance the experience of students studying Economics at University of Central Punjab. Aimed at students with a concentration in Economics, the goal of the YEF is to build solidarity within the academic community. The YEF provides students with a common interest in Economics the opportunity to engage and participate in the growth and improvement of the department. Student-run organization. Enhancing the experience of student’s concentration in economics. Building solidarity within the academic community Provides interest in Economics Growth and improvement of the department.
To recognize the importance of economic science in the preparation of a wide variety of professionals including those in business, law, journalism, banking, government and academia. Provides a podium for UCP students interested in the study of economics to interact with one another, exchange ideas, and develop the public understanding of important economic, social and political issues.
LATEST NEWS UPDATE
- Fouzia Awan, Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, Presented a Research Paper in ‘2016 Asia-Pacific Conference on Economics & Finance’ at East Asia Institute of Management Campus, SINGAPORE
- Mohammad Hassaan Bin Zafar student of BS Economics, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences, presented a research paper in International Conference
- Bilala Muhammad Yaseen, Lecturer, Faculty of Arts and Social Aciences, has participated in International Conference in UK
- Dr. Kashif Munir, Associate Professor, Faulty of Arts and Social Sciences participated in the MOSCOW Summer Academy on Economic Growth and Governance of Natural Resources
- Fouzia Awan, Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, presented her research paper in International Academy of Business and Economics, IABE-2015 Winter conference, in Orlando, Florida, USA.
- Labor Day
- Farewell & Parties 2016
- Invisible Divine
- Math Workshop
- Seminar Edu. & Health
- Trip to PIDE and Rawal Lakeview Park