Our society would organize and facilitate events ranging from roundtable discussions, guest seminars, career fairs and social events.
The main objectives of the Society are:
• To promote economic research and the advancement of economic knowledge and understanding
• To disseminate economic knowledge and the results of economic research
• To encourage the exchange of ideas and the application of the results of economic research
• To support the education and training of students, teachers and researchers in economics
• To provide resources for economists in the areas of education, research, business, industry, government and public policy.
The main activities of the Society aim to achieve these objectives and can be specified as follows:
• To ensure that its scientific journals are regularly published, widely read and circulated, have high impact and attract an adequate supply of high-quality papers from an international range of authors
• To organize an Annual Conference ensuring that it provides an excellent forum for both general lectures and more specialized presentations
• To provide younger members with adequate support to enable them to undertake and disseminate their research, attend conferences and workshops and enhance their professional skills.
• To enable those in schools and universities to learn about economics, particularly its applications and to foster the development of their own skills in economic reasoning and understanding