The field of media and communication is expanding and developing more than it has ever before. At Faculty of Media and Communication Studies (FMCS), we teach skills and values wrapped in technologies and knowledge that are essential for a future either within or beyond the media and communication industries.
Since its founding in 2014, FMCS has been dedicated to expanding and sharing knowledge, inspiring innovation and technical information for future generations.
The faculty is one of the largest providers of exceptional in-house and practice-based media education and related subjects in Pakistan. We offer rigorous degree programs that embrace different theoretical and methodological approaches and develop the skills required for working in leading-edge media professions. The quality and vitality of our degree programs remain unsurpassed, providing the foundation and opportunity for students not only to succeed but to shape the future of media and communication.
We offer an array of exceptional facilities like in-house TV Studio, Non-linear Editing lab, in-house Radio Station FM 92.6 (UCP Ki Dunya), highly qualified and professional teaching faculty to equip you with the practical knowledge needed to be successful in the contemporary media world. Being a student at FMCS, in addition to other mainstream media, you will have the chance to gain hands-on experience through our internship programs at Dunya Media Group.
All programs at FMCS aim to prepare students to work in media-related industries and train them to critically analyze the ways in which the media reflects, represents and influences the society. With an innovative curriculum, exceptional facilities we have a single purpose; provide the education, experiences, and resources needed to prepare media practitioners who will lead in the 21st century.
Prof. Dr. Mian Hanan Ahmad
Dean, Faculty of Media and Communication Studies
Pakistan’s Number One Media School – A Beginning of Endless Opportunities
Established in 2014, Faculty of Media and Communication Studies (FMCS) is one of the finest and biggest institutions of Mass Communication in Pakistan with more than 500 enrolled students.
Working under the leadership of most prestigious educationist of Pakistan, Prof. Dr. Hannan Ahmad, FMCS is the only private university in Pakistan to get the status of “Faculty of Media and Communication Studies” (FMCS) and the only Private sector University to have NOC from HEC for its M.Phil. & Ph.D. programs in Media Studies.
FMCS has a thriving media and communication environment and it is the first ever institution of Pakistan which has its own cutting-edge TV Studio/In-house Production House, State-of-the-art Non Linear Editing Lab (NLE), Radio Station FM 92.6 (UCP Ki Dunya) with 24/7 transmission, which gives it a distinguished position in the educational sector of Pakistan.
FMCS is committed to maintaining an outstanding teaching and learning experience. It not only teaches degree programs in media and communication studies but also provides a variety of experience other than the classroom, that helps students to prepare for a career in media and communication-related fields.
FMCS will support you on your journey to become an exceptional individual; equipped with the qualities and values to succeed in your career. It is educating and equipping graduates for the rapidly evolving communication, media and arts industries.
Through the University’s partnerships and initiative programs with international bodies; students and faculty enjoy unparalleled access to an international acquaintance, exposure and resources. FMCS nurtures its students by providing them a canvas to translate the dreams and develop their knowledge, skills and experience to achieve their personal and professional goals to transform their ambitions into actions.
Why Faculty of Media and Communication Studies (FMCS)?
If you are passionate about your goals, we have the following incomparable facilities and opportunities to help you achieve your potential.
- The only Private Sector University to have NOC from HEC for its M.Phil. & Ph.D. programs in Media Studies
- The first ever state-of-the-art In-house TV Studio/Production House. An ideal opportunity for students to get hands-on training to produce news bulletins, news reports, talk shows, short films, documentaries as well as experience virtual studio productions
- The biggest state-of-the-art Non-Linear Editing Lab of Pakistan for Editing and Graphic Designing purposes
- FM Radio 92.6, UCP Ki Dunya. The first educational Radio Station in Pakistan running round the clock transmission
- Potential partnership opportunities with Communication University of China (CUC).
- Four Specializations being offered in BS (Hons.):
◆ Mass Communication & Research
◆ Professional Journalism (TV, Radio & Print)
◆ Broadcast (Radio, TV) Film & Theatre Studies
◆ Advertising & Public Relations
- Highly qualified and professional teaching faculty
- Quarterly Newsletter “Communication Times”
- Centre for Training and Research (CTR)
- Film and Theatre Centre (FTC)
- State-of-the-art Classrooms and infrastructure
- In-house Internship opportunities for students in Production House/TV Studio, NLE lab and FM Radio 92.6, UCP Ki Dunya, Dunya News/TV, Dunya Newspaper and Lahore News.
- Outdoor Internship and career opportunities for our students in leading TV channels, newspapers, Public Relations & Advertising agencies, Radio stations and in other different media outlets.
- “Media Club” known as one of the best societies of University and declared as “Society of the Year 2017” to cultivate the extra-curricular activities and skills of the students.
Only private sector University from Pakistan to collaborate with Arizona State University & US State Department as a project partner to improve Election Coverage in Pakistan. In first phase of this project, FMCS has inducted the course “Media, Politics and Reporting Elections” in FMCS with the collaboration of Arizona State University and US State Department.
Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS)
M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programs in Media & Communication Studies which are the most prestigious programs of Faculty of Media and Communication Studies (FMCS) supervised by nationally and internationally reputed teaching faculty.
FMCS of the University of Central Punjab is the only Private Sector University to have NOC from HEC for its M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in Media Studies and two full-time Professors as permanent faculty. As a student, you will be well equipped with all required abilities to enter in the expanding field of media.