Dr Noor Hayat is Assistant Professor and HoD Theory, Research and Print at Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab. Dr Noor Hayat has completed his doctorate degree from Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). Before that he did MS in Mass Communication from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia. He has a vast experience in teaching and conducting research at various universities in Pakistan. He has attended international conferences and his scholarly work has been published in renowned international research journals. His research interests are international and political communication, textual and discourse analysis and media framing.
- PhD (Communication)
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), 2016
- MA (Mass Communication)
Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Shah Alam, Malaysia, 2009
- Currently working as Assistant Professor at Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan since November 2017.
- Worked as Assistant Professor at School of Creative Arts, The University of Lahore, Pakistan from September 2016 to December 2017.
- Worked as lecturer in Department of Mass Communication, Government College University Faisalabad from January 2011 to September 2012
- Worked as a Humanitarian Reporter in Center for Research & Security Studies (CRSS) for the project of USAID in flood affected areas of Punjab from January to March 2011
- Worked as lecturer in Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (SZABIST) Islamabad in the Department of Media Sciences for fall semester 2010
- Worked as Public Relations Officer and Researcher with Ms Sherry Rehman former Pakistan’s Ambassador to the US from January 2010 to June 2010
- Worked as lecturer in Bahria University Islamabad in the Department of Social Sciences for spring semester 2010
- Established my own media company “Development VISIONS” in January 2009 and completed different projects including documentary of National Highways Authority (NHA)
- Worked as lecturer in Riphah Institute of Media Sciences (RIMS) from February 2009 to February 2010
- Worked as Sub Editor on English Desk in International Online News Agency from Oct. 2006 to Jan 2007
- Worked as a reporter in Daily Jang in Election Cell from 1st 2005 to 31st Aug. 2005
- Worked as survey reporter in Daily Khabrein from Oct. 2004 to Feb. 2006
- Internship in PTV Centre, Islamabad in 2005
- Covered SAF GAMES 2004 (held in Islamabad) as a media person
- Arif, M., Hayat, N. (2018). International Media Framing of China’s Domestic Politics: An Analysis of Aljazeera English and BBC News. Journal of Communication Media Watch, 9(1), 89-105.
- Hayat, N., Juliana, A. (2016). Portrayal of Islam and Muslims in the Talk Shows of CNN and BBC. Journal of Communication Media Watch, 7(3).
- Hayat, N., Juliana, A. (2016). A comparative analysis of Pakistani English newspaper editorials the case of Taliban’s attack on Malala Yousafzai. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 24(3), 1105-1119.
- Hayat, N., Juliana, A.W. and Umber, S. (2015). Role of political talk show in creating political awareness among Pakistani youth: A case study of general elections 2013. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 23(2), 445-455.
- Organized “International Media Conference: Global Education, Professionalism and Commercialism” as Focal Person at University of Central Punjab from 28 to 30 June 2018.
- Participated in “International Journalism Conference” as member of organizing committee on 9-10 December 2017 at Pearl Continental Hotel Lahore.
- Paper presented in “2nd International Conference on Media, Communication and Culture” (ICMCC), 30th November-2nd December 2015, Penang, Malaysia.
- Attended as participant “Global Higher Education Forum” (GHEF), 4-6 December 2014, Putrajaya, Malaysia.
Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab
Dr Noor Hayat
School of media and communication