CTR (Center for Training and Research) is the professional organ of School of Media and Communication Studies. The purpose of CTR is to provide short and long term training in the form of diploma and certificate program in collaboration with National and International Media Organizations and NGOs.
CTR is currently offering diploma / certificate / short term training programs in the field of Copy Editing and Ticker Writing, Content Development, Animation and Graphic Design, on Linear Editing and Programming / Production in collaboration with Dunya Media Group.
Who can Apply?
- Enthusiastic and passionate undergraduates/graduates.
- On-service/ mid-career media professionals.
- Interns from Mass Communication Departments of various Universities.
This program is spread over a period of 3-6 months, with emphasis on practical work to enhance the skills of candidates.
- Advertising and Public Relations with special focus on Social Media Marketing
- Specialized Reporting (Crisis/Disaster, Sports, Health, Education)
- Development Journalism
- Production (Pre and Post Production)
- TV Production
- Radio Production
- 3D Animation
This program consists of short term training of 6 weeks in the form of workshops with hands on practice.
- Camera Reporting
- Copy Editing
- Reporting Techniques and Ethics (Responsible Coverage)
- Non Linear Editing (NLE) and Lighting
- News Anchoring
- Photo Journalism
- Community Journalism
- Citizen Journalism
- Training for Resource Person/ Research technique for media
- Ticker Writing and usage of convert language
- SPSS and APA Style
- Synopsis Writing
- Data Journalism