Mission Statement of Program under Self-Assessment
The mission of the MPhil program is to guarantee the production of quality researchers and media professionals in the field of Media and Communication studies with focus on the entire communication processes and examines the communication relationships that exist among and between media institutions and their key target audience groups.
- To impart quality education and practical training to research scholars and media professionals so that they are able to engage in advanced study and research.
- To teach enduring skills and values to the students with the latest technologies and knowledge which is essential to excel in the media industry.
- To prepare future leaders in the national and international arena in the field of research and multidimensional media industry.
- To prepare entrepreneurs for the media industry.
- To make students understand concepts and apply theories related to contemporary media and mass communication.
- Enhance critical and creative thinking in MPhil scholars while conducting research and evaluate information using methods appropriate to the field of communication studies.
- To develop basic understanding of analytical techniques required to excel in the field of documentary, film, broadcast and advertising by using latest technologies.
- To make students demonstrate an understanding of the diversity of cultures regarding the significance and impact of mass communications in globalized society.
- Thesis Based
- Project Based
This program is divided into two parts, course work and Thesis/Project. Course work is spread over a period of two semesters carrying a weight of 24 credit hours. After the completion of course work the student will go for Thesis/Project carrying a weight of 12 credit Hours.