- Introduction, Economic valuation of life and health
- Individuals as producers of their health
- Empirical studies of the production of health
- Health goods, market failure and justice
- Optimal design of health insurance contracts
- Risk selection in health insurance markets
- Optimal payment of health care providers
- Future challenges confronting health care
- Feldstein, Paul J. (2011). Health Policy Issues: An Economic Perspective. Health Administration Press.
- Folland, Sherman, Allen C. Goodman, and Miron Stano. (2012). The Economics of Health and Health Care. Prentice Hall.
- Getzen, Thomas E. (2010). Health Economics and Financing. John Wiley & Sons.
- Phelps, Charles E. (2012). Health Economics. Prentice Hall.
- Sloan, Frank A. and Chee-Ruey Hsieh (2012). Health Economics. MIT Press.