The curse would mainly focus on the regression analysis. It commences with the introduction of econometrics and highlights the importance of this subject in the modern world of data analysis and research. After the introductory note on this subject, the concept of simple regression will be application of Gauss-Markov theorem and interval estimation will be taken care of. After introduction of multiple regressions, issues such as multicollinearity, heteroscedasticity, and autocorrelation would be discussed.
Course Objectives & Learning Outcomes:
After studying the course the students will be able to:
- apply various techniques being taught in their future work and studies
- understand the theoretical foundation of simple and multiple regression
- estimate a regression equation with real world data
- derive the basic properties of OLS estimators
- analyze and handle topics such as maulticollinearity, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation.
Mathematics-I and Statistics-II
Texts and References:
- Gujarati, Damodar N. Basic Econometrics. McGraw Hill, 5th
- Maddala, G. S. Introduction to Econometrics. Wiley, 4th
- Pindyck, Robert S. and Daniel L. Rubinfeld. Econometric Models and Economic Forecasts. McGraw Hill, 4th