Research at Economics Department, FASS, UCP
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2016-2019, Principal Investigator, project on Improving Education trade and standards: Do Preferential Trade Agreements matter? Policy implications for Pakistan, under the HEC PERIDOT Research Program 2016, co-funded by Higher Education Commission (HEC), Pakistan and French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development (MAEDI) and the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR). The collaborating Principal Investigator for the project on French side is Isabelle Rabaud, University of Orléans.
- Mohammad Hassaan Bin Zafar, presented a research paper “Elucidating Income Inequality in Context of Agglomeration: A Study Based on Time Series Analysis of Pakistan.” in International Conference on the State of Pakistan’s Economy held at Institute of Business Management (IoBM) Karachi, September, 2016. (Paper by Asim Iqbal and Mohammad Hassaan Bin Zafar).
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2016, Do Preferential Trade Agreements contribute to the development of trade? Accounting for institutional heterogeneity. International Economics. Advance online publication. doi:10.1016/j.inteco.2016.10.001
- Fouzia Awan Presented a research paper “Foreign Direct Investment and Institutional Quality: Empirical Evidence from Countries with Different Income Levels” in 2016 Asia-Pacific Conference on Economics & Finance (APEF), July 27-28, 2016, held at East Asia Institute of Management Campus, Singapore.
- Asim Iqbal and Muhammad Wasif Siddiqi, Submitted Research Work for publication, “Pattern and Sources of Agglomeration Economies in the Large Scale Manufacturing Industries of Punjab in Pakistan”
- Sehrish Tariq and Asim Iqbal, Submitted Research Work for publication, “Spatial Agglomeration, Localized Competition and Productivity of Manufacturing Sector in Punjab”
- Kashif Munir and Maryam Sulatn (2016), “Are Some Taxes Better for Growth in Pakistan? A Time Series Analysis”, Working Paper, MPRA Paper No. 68828
- Asim Iqbal and Muhammad Wasif Siddiqi, Submitted Research Work for publication “Efficiency and Productivity of Manufacturing Sector of Punjab in Pakistan: An Application of Bootstrap Malmaquist Index”.
- Maryam Zafar and Asim Iqbal, Submitted Research Work for publication “Agglomeration Economies and Poverty Reduction: An Analysis of Household Head’s Profile in Punjab, Pakistan”
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2015, Trade and interstate conflicts. Do preferential trade agreements matter? Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, 21(4), 561-574.
- Fouzia Awan, Research paper “Institutional Governance, Aid and Economic Growth: A case of South Asian Countries” published by European Journal of Business Research (EJBR) , Volume 15, Number 1, pp. 45-54, ISSN: 1945-2977, March 2015, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Nisma Riffat and Kashif Munir (2015), “Exploring the Channels and Impact of Debt on Economic Growth in South Asia”, Working Paper MPRA Paper No. 66830
- Bilal Muhammad Yaseen, presented a research paper titled “Fiscal Deficit and Inflation: Causality and Co integration; The Case for Pakistan” at AICLEP 2015 conference on 14-16 September 2015 held at University of Oxford, UK.
- Fouzia Awan, Presented research paper “Institutional Governance, Aid and Economic Growth: A case of South Asian Countries” at the International Academy of Business and Economics IABE-2015 Orlando – Winter Conference, March 22-24, 2015, in Orlando Florida, USA.
- Maryam Sulatn and Kashif Munir (2015), “Export, Import and Total Trade Potential of Pakistan: A Gravity Model Approach”, Working Paper MPRA Paper No. 66621
- Shahzad Arshad and Kashif Munir (2015), Factor Accumulation and Economic Growth in Pakistan: Incorporating Human Capital, Working Paper, MPRA Paper No. 67012
- Kashif Munir (2015), Dynamic Effects of Monetary Policy on Output and Prices in Pakistan: A Disaggregate Analysis, Journal of Asia Pacific Economy (Under Review)
- Ayesha Kanwal and Kashif Munir (2015), “The Impact of Educational and Gender Inequality on Income Inequality in South Asia”, Working Paper MPRA Paper No. 66661
- Kashif Munir (2015), Measuring the Effectiveness of Monetary Policy on Money and Credit in Pakistan, Portuguese Economic Journal (Under Review)
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2014, Explaining inflation growth non-linearity through capital accumulation, working paper (with Muhammad Khan) (submitted to B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics).
- Taseer Salahuddin (2014), “Multidimensional Deprivation Spectrum: An Alternate Route to Measure Poverty”, The 13th Islamic Countries Conference on Statistical Sciences IPB International Convention Center, Bogor, Indonesia
- Kashif Munir, Paper titled “Measuring the effects of monetary policy on macroeconomics variable of Pakistan: a factor augmented vector autoregressive approach” published in Empirical Economics, 2014.
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2013, Les clauses environnementales dans les accords de libre-échange entre pays développés et pays emergents. Analyse des déterminants (= Environmental provisions in free trade agreements between the developed and emerging countries. Analysis of determinants), (with Philippe Saucier). Mondes en Developpement. 162(2), 49-66.
- Fouzia Awan, Research paper “Key Factors Contributing to Agricultural Growth in Pakistan” published by Journal of Agriculture Economics and Development, ID=475, Vol. 1(2), pp. 006013, ISBN: 2327-3151, January 2013, Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Arslan Tariq Rana, 2011, working paper, Economic Integration Agreements: An international political perspective, mimeo
- An article titled “Export Competitiveness with Border Sharing Countries: An Assessment of Pakistan” written by Dr. Kashif Munir, Associate Professor, FASS is published on February 12, 2019 in the ISI index (ESCI) master journal list “Competitiveness Review: An International Business Journal”.