This course will give knowledge about developmental Psychopathologies diagnosed during childhood and adolescence. This course will further give a comprehensive knowledge of theoretical and applied knowledge about psychopathologies.
The course includes detail study of childhood psychological disorders (e.g. oppositional disorders, conduct disorders, pervasive developmental disorders); and their requirement to fulfil the criteria for multi axial and differential diagnosis. Similarly, practical training for psychological assessment tools (e.g. IQ test, achievement test, personality) would be given, required for diagnosing psychological disorders during childhood and adolescence. The training would include administration, scoring and interpretation of assessment tools.
Over all Psychological assessment is the prerequisite of psychodiagnosis which is the process of administering research-validated clinical tests designed to provide additional information about the psychological functioning and personality characteristics of an individual. Broadly diagnostic tests are categorized generally as like IQ test, Neuropsychological test, objective personality testing, and projective tests. Moreover, after psychological assessment and diagnoses students are required to prepare psychological assessment report or psychodiagnostic report depending on requirement.
- Conducting Psychological Assessment: A Guide for Practitioners (1st Edition).A. Jordan Wright. Wiley(2010).
- Assessment for Counselors (Psy 660 Clinical Assessment and Decision Making) (2nd Edition). Bradley Erford. Wadsworth Publishing (2012)
- Psychological Testing & Assessment (7th Edition).Cohen. (May, 2010).
- Essentials of Testing and Assessment: A Practical Guide for Counselors, Social Workers, and: Psychologists (2nd Edition).Edward S. Neukrug, & R. Charles Fawcett.Brooks Cole (2009)
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment (5th Edition).Gary Groth-Marnat. Wiley (2009). Brown, R. T., & Sawyer, M. G. (1998). Medication for school-age children. New York: The Guilford Press.
- Kronenberger, W. G., & Meyer, R. G. (1996). The child clinician’s handbook. Boston: Allyn& Bacon.
- Mash, E. J., & Barkley, R. A.. (eds.) (1996). Childhood psychopathology. New York: TheGuilford Press.