The Ph.D. programme at Faculty of Engineering is solely designed for students to perform groundbreaking research and prepares future engineers to explore the areas of digital design, computer hardware, robotics and more specializations from the field of electrical engineering. Students work closely with the faculty members in the department who are leaders in the field. The faculty of engineering looks for students who have a solid academic record, and for the individuals who show a reasonable inspiration in turning into a leading researcher.
Duration of programme and semester wise course work will be based on 6 courses of 3 credit hours. Maximum of 3 courses will be offered in a semester. Thesis, comprising 30 credits, will be offered after the completion of course work.
- 18 Cr. Hrs. Course Work with minimum CGPA 3.00/4.00
- Comprehensive Examination (written and oral)
- Synopsis Defense
- 30 Cr. Hrs. Research Work
- Publication of at least one research paper in HEC approved journal
- Dissertation Foreign Reviews
- Dissertation Final Defense
- Sr. No. Activity Preferred Time Maximum
- 1Course Work2 Semesters3 Semesters
- 2Comprehensive Exam3 Semesters4 Semesters
- 3Synopsis Qualification4 Semesters6 Semesters
- 4Thesis Submission6 Semesters14 Semesters (7 Years)
- MS or equivalent degree in relevant discipline is required (18 years of education).
- At least 3.00 CGPA or 60% marks in case of annual system in MS/M.Sc. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- The GAT – Subject with a minimum of 60% marks is required or a candidate will have to pass UCP in-house admission test and interview with 70% score, is required at the time of admission. The GAT Subject is valid for a period of two years. University can administer a written test in place of GAT- Subject.
- All applications will be scrutinized for eligibility by the Graduate Programme Committee (GPC).
- The GPC will interview the applicant to assess the suitability for the Ph.D. degree programme.
PhD Electrical Engineering
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1Ph.D. Electrical Engineering25,0007,000483,61,000