- To understand the basics of the mathematical representation of linear systems
- To be able to analyze the behavior of a linear control system and its properties in time and frequency domains
- To be able to design a classical controller (P, PI, PD, PID etc) for a system based on time and frequency domain specifications
- To get acquaintance with state space representation, analysis, and design
Norman S Nise, Control Systems Engineering, 4th edition, John Wiley & Sons
- K Ogata, “Modern Control Engineering,” 4th Edition, Prentice Hall
- Richard Dorf, “Modern Control Systems,” 8th edition, Addison Wesley.
- D’Azzo & Houpis, “Linear Control Systems,” McGraw Hill, 4th edition, 1995.
- Distefano, “Feedback Control Systems,” McGraw Hill, Schaum’s Outline Series.
- C. Kou, “Control Systems,” Prentice Hall, 9th edition, 2003.