Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering is a program which consists of a total of 18 credit hours of course work (6 Courses) with 30 credit hours of research work/thesis. PhD program is stretched over a span of minimum of three (3) years and maximum of Seven (7) years tenure. Students may register in maximum of 3 courses in one semester.
- The objective of this program is to help students develop skills needed to perform independent research and teaching in an exciting intellectual environment.
- To provide the industry with the skilled manpower bestowed with the skill to translate the learnt into practical tangible reality.
- To develop the man power equipped with the skills to plan, direct, guide and lead the work force.
- To cultivate in the work force the habit and attitude to be creative, critical and analytical in skills and theoretical skills.
Scope regarding market, social and employment perspective
- Turn out of the program will find space in the academics, research and industries as the middle level management both in management and procedural functions.
- The graduates of the program will find space as the planners, implementers, developers, idea generators and the decision makers at large.
Name of the Program
The degree will bear the caption of “Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering”
Duration of program and semester wise work load
Course work will be based on 6 courses of 3 credit hours. Maximum of 3 courses will be offered in a semester. Thesis will be of 30 credits offered after the completion of course work.
Entry requirements of the program
For admission in PhD’s program, the candidate should be eligible as follows:
- MS or equivalent Degree in a Relevant Discipline is Required (18 years of schooling)
- For admission, a minimum CGPA 3.00 (out of 4.00 in the semester system) in master/equivalent degree is required.
- The GAT-Subject conducted by the National Testing Service with a minimum 60% cumulative score will be required at the time of admission. The GAT- Subject is valid for a period of two years.
- All received applications will be scrutinized for eligibility by the Graduate Program Committee (GPC).
- The GPC will interview the applicant to assess the suitability for PhD degree program. Other appropriate procedures, including test, may be used to assess the suitability of candidates. The GPC will select final candidate for admission.
Curriculum of the program
PhD. level courses which may be offered during the studies:
|Sr. No.||Course Code||Core Course Title||Power Engineering||Control System Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|1||EE6953||Power System Modeling and Analysis||●|
|2||EE5533||Photovoltaic Based Energy Systems||●||●|
|3||EE5643||Advanced Power Electronics||●||●|
|4||EE5653||High Voltage Engineering||●|
|5||EE6943||Renewable Energy Technology & Systems||●||●||●|
|7||EEXXXX||Advanced Power System Protection||●|
|8||EEXXXX||Power Generation Economics||●|
|9||EEXXXX||Distributed Generation and Smart Grids||●|
|10||EEXXXX||Advanced Engineering Mathematics||●||●||●|
|11||EEXXXX||Control of AC & DC Machines and Drives||●||●|
|12||EEXXXX||Modeling and Simulation of Electrical Machines||●|
|13||EE5553||Linear System Theory||●||●||●|
|14||EEXXXX||Linear System Theory||●||●|
|16||EE5573||Random Processing in Engineering||●||●|
|19||EE5513||Cellular and Mobile Communication||●|
|21||EE4903||Mobile and Wireless Communication||●|
|22||EE6993||Optical Engineering & Optical Communication System||●|
|23||EE5723||Satellite Communications Systems||●|
|24||EE6983||Electromagnetic Waves: Radiation and Waveguiding||●|
|25||EE6743||Advance Digital Signal Processing||●||●|
|26||EE5753||Telecommunication Networks & Tele-Traffic Engineering||●|
|27||EE5583||Advanced Analog & Digital Communication System||●|
|28||EE5593||Modern Communication Theory||●|
|29||EE5603||Advance Electromagnetic Theory||●|
|30||EE6963||Advance Antenna Design & Analysis||●|
|31||EE5503||High Frequency Systems; Design and Analysis||●|
|32||EE5563||Advanced Wireless Communication||●|
|33||EE5353||Advanced Digital System & Design||●||●|
|35||EE5623||Sensors, Actuators and Electronics Circuit||●||●||●|
|37||EE6733||High Reliability Embedded Systems||●||●|
|38||EEXXXX||Analog & Digital Filter Design||●||●||●|
|39||EEXXXX||Adaptive Control Systems||●||●|
|40||EEXXXX||Control System Optimization||●||●|
|41||EEXXXX||Non-Linear Control Systems||●||●|
|42||EEXXXX||Stochastic Control Systems||●|
|43||EEXXXX||Guidance Navigation and Control||●|
|44||EEXXXX||Space Craft Dynamics and Control||●|
|45||EE5633||Principles of Bioinstrumentation Design||●|
|46||EE5673||Advanced Digital Image Processing||●||●|
|48||EE6973||Error Correcting Codes||●|
|51||EEXXXX||Digital Control Systems||●||●|
|52||EE6913||Electric Power System Stability||●|
|53||EEXXXX||Non-Linear Signal Processing||●|
|54||EEXXXX||Graph Theory and Network Optimization||●|
|55||EEXXXX||Control and Navigation of Dynamical Agent||●||●|
|56||EEXXXX||Network Dynamical System||●||●|
|57||EEXXXX||Linear Dynamical System||●|
|58||EEXXXX||Power System Operation and Control||●|