- Calculus and Analytic Geometry
- Multivariate Calculus
Abdus Salam School of Mathematical Sciences, GC University, Lahore, 2009
Thesis title: Recurrence Relation for the Jones Polynomial
Supervisor: Professor Barbu Berceanu
Department of Mathematics, University of the Punjab, Lahore, 1995
- November 17, 2017 – date: Associate Professor University of Central Punjab, Lahore
- February 17, 2017 – November 16, 2017: Postdoc Fellow, Abdus Salam School of Mathe-
matical Sciences, GC University, Lahore
- January 20, 2010 – January 19, 2017: Assistant Professor, University of Education, Lahore
- Aug 1, 2009- Jan 15, 2010: Assistant Professor, COMSATS, Sahiwal
- 2002-2004: Visiting Faculty, University of the Punjab, Lahore
- 2000-2004: Lecturer in Mathematics, Punjab College of Information Technology, Lahore
- 1998-2000: Lecturer in Mathematics, Eastern College of Management Sciences, Lahore
Courses of Interest
Under Graduate Level
Calculus I-III, Linear Algebra, Dierential Equations, Discrete Mathematics, General Topology
General Topology, Algebraic Topology, Knot Theory
Besides teaching and research I gave the following special services to University of Education,
- Head, Mathematics Section of Division of Science and Technology
- Member, BOS of Division of Science and Technology
- Member, UE Central Purchase Committee
- Member, UE Central Library Purchase Committee
- Member, Unfair Means Committee of Division of Science and Technology
- Workshop on Contemporary Topics in Analysis, Algebra, and Geometry, organized by ASSMS, GCU, Lahore, August 15-19, 2017
- Understanding Salam, organized by ASSMS, GCU, Lahore, January 28-29, 2017
- Advanced School and Conference on Knot Theory, organized by the Abdus Salam Inter- national Center for Theoretical Physics, Italy, May 11-29, 2009
- School on Combinatorial and Computational Aspects of Commutative Algebra and Its Applications, organized by CIMPA at ASSMS, February 21-28, 2009
- School on Discrete and Computational Geometry, organized by CIMPA at ASSMS, March 23-30, 2008
- School on Conguration Spaces and Applications, organized by CIMPA at ASSMS, February 12-18, 2007
- A Workshop on Graph Theory, organized by ASSMS, March 13-22, 2006
- GEAR JUNIOR RETREAT: Geometric Structures and Representation Varieties, organized by University of Michigan, USA, May 23 – June 1, 2014
- 6th World conference on 21st Century Mathematics 2013, organized by ASSMS, March 6-9, 2013
- An Encounter of Algebra and Geometry, organized by ASSMS, November 19-22, 2011
- KNOTS in POLAND III, organized by University of Warsaw, Poland, July 18 – August 04, 2010
- 4th International Conference on 21st Century Mathematics, organized by ASSMS, March 4-8, 2009
+92-42-35880007 Ext: 469
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab
Ph.D. (All but Dissertation) in Computer Communication.
George Washington University, Washington D.C., USA. 1989-1993
Air-Interface Design of MicroCellular Architecture (Cellular Communication) for Integrated Voice/Data Communication using EPRMA (Explicit Packet Reservation Multiple Access) Protocol.
M.Sc. in Computer Communication
George Washington University, Washington D.C. 1986-1988
B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering
University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore. 1977-1983
University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
Head of Computer Science Department
National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore
- Senior Researcher at Center for Research in Urdu Language Processing (CRULP).(2001-2009)
- Conducting research in areas of Natural Language Processing (Morphological Analysis, Annotated Corpus building, Lexical resources), Secure Communication on Internet (IPSec) esp. Key Management Issues for Single Source Multicast Groups and Routing in Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks (Unicast, multicast), Lock-Free Data Structures and Urdu fonts.
- Co-Supervised a UNDP funded project for the development of character-based Nastaleeq font using OTF formalism.
- Supervised and successfully delivered an ICT funded project for the development of web-based Urdu searchable Dictionary.
Centre for Language Technology (CLE), KICS, UET, Lahore (8/2012 –12/2013)
- Guided the development of Urdu Optical Character Recognition Software.
- Provided consultancy on the development of framework for the Urdu Dialog System.
Sr. Development Manager
Vroom Technologies (Pvt.) Ltd, Lahore. 4/98 – 10/2001.
- Member Architecture team that defines product architecture.
- Manager architecture implementation team
- Manager DB team
- Guide, review & approve HLD & DD of products.
- Member Software Engineering Process Group that reviews and approves processes.
CresSoft, Lahore. 3/97 – 3/98
Responsible for the System Architect and High Level Design. Designed an X.790 based Trouble Administration System. The system employed distributed object using CORBA in multi-tier architecture.
FAST Institute of Computer Science, Lahore. 1/96 – 3/97
- Computer Communications
- Compiler Design
- Theory of Automata
The World Bank, Washington D.C., USA. 6/92 – 7/95
- Inter-Financial Institutions Messaging Software Design based on SWIFT & TELEX
- ORACLE Report writing using PRO*C, SQL PLUS and SQL FORMS
EE&CS LABS, GWU, Washington D.C., USA. 6/94 – 9/94
- Designed and Installed ETHERNET LAN (Netware 3.11). It included both hardware & software.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
George Washington University (GWU), Washington D.C. 8/91 – 6/92
- Supervised Senior Design Lab for Undergraduate Students
- Helped in the design of SEQUENTIAL LOGIC Lab and conducted it
- Wrote an Instruction Manual for ABEL(Design package for PLA, FPLA, and Gate Arrays) which became part of curriculum.
EE&CS LABS, GWU, Washington D.C., USA. 4/90 – 8/91
- Helped undergraduate students with different EE&CS software and equipment.
SAHICS, FAST Institute of Electronics, Lahore. 4/83 – 7/86
- Lead Designer and Developer of Hardware for Flight Information Display System using Intel’s 8086 microprocessor. The flight information was displayed both in URDU and ENGLISH.
- Member of Software Development Team for Flight Information Display System.
- Designed and Developed Hardware for Microprocessor Teaching Aid based on Intel’s 8088 microprocessor for engineering students.
- Wrote System Monitor (Operating system) for Microprocessor Teaching Aid.
M.Sc (Computer Science) 1981. Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
M.Sc (Mathematics) 1974. University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
Oct. 1999 – August 2000. Manager Quality, SoftNet Systems (Pvt.) Limited, Lahore, Pakistan.
June 1991 – September 1999. Computer System Designer, G.T.Z. German Technical Cooperation Cricket House, Lahore, Pakistan.
August 1983 – March 1986. Deputy Director, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January 1983 – March 1986. Computer Consultant, Computer Professional Consultancy, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January 1982 – October 1982. Computer Programmer, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad, Pakistan.
March 1978 – December 1978. Office, Habib Bank Limited, Pakistan.
September 2012 – date. Associate Professor, UCP, Lahore, Pakistan.
September 2000 – December 2012. Associate Professor, NU-FAST, Lahore, Pakistan.
Sept. 1999 – Aug. 2000. Visiting Faculty, NU-FAST, National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan.
Jan. 1993-Aug. 1999. Visiting Faculty, PAK-AIMS, Lahore.
April 1986 – Nov. 1990. Lecturer, Department of Computer Sciences,
University of Sebha, Sebah, Libya.
Jan. 1983- Mar. 1986. Visiting Faculty, Computer Professional Center, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Sept. 1982 – Aug. 1983. Lecturer, Administrative Department, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
May 1976-Dec. 1976. Lecturer, Senior School, Aitchison College, Lahore, Pakistan.
Jan. 1976-May 1976. Visiting Lecturer, F.C. College, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Involved in research of computational linguistics emphasis on Urdu and Regional Languages of Pakistan.
- MSc. Thesis titled “Numerical simulation of Steady, incompressible and viscous fluid flows using finite element methods”
- Supervised the following research activities of research associate of Master of Computer Science:
- Thesis for “Current Research Information System of Pakistan (CRISP)”
- Thesis for “Current Arid Research Information System (CARIS)”
- Supervised many projects for under graduate students
- Established research lab in “Center of Knowledge Engineering” in NU-FAST.
- “Interesting Measures for Mining Association Rules” accepted in IEEE-INMIC, 2004, Lahore
- “An Adaptive Multi-thresholding Technique for Binarization” accepted in WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on INFORMATION SCIENCES and APPLICATION, Issue 8, Vol. 2 August 2005, ISSN 1709-0832, Page 1202
- “Implementation Issues of eGovernance”, International conference on eGovernance, LUMS, Lahore, Decmber 2005
- “Automation of Financial Loaning System: Accuracy Comparison of ID3 and C4.5 on Financial Data”, WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on INFORMATION SCIENCES and APPLICATION, Issue 4, Vol. 3 April 2006, ISSN 1709-0832, Page 852
- “Automation of Financial Loaning System An Analysis of Classification Algorithms on Different Data Views”, WSEAS International Conference, Madrid,14-16 Feb. 2006
- “A Hybrid Predictive Approach for Real Time Domain” in 5th IEEE International Conference on Computer Science Research, Innovation and Vision for Future RIVF 2007, at Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam. Attended the conference from 5 – 9 March, 2007.
- “PsycheTagger – Using Hidden Markov Model to Annotate English Text with Semantic Tags based on Emotive Content“, WSEAS International Conference,Cambridge,22-27 Feb. 2012
Eager to bring students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of teaching experience coupled with 30 years’ educational, research and administrative background.
- Hold PhD Degree in Physics.
- Experienced in use of the Internet and educational software.
- Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in students.
- Basic Electronics
- Persian Language
- Pakistan Studies
Education, Honors, and Certifications
University of The Punjab, Lahore, 2011.
GC (PU), Lahore, 1979.
University of The Punjab, Lahore, 1992.
- Sc. (Phy, Math, Chem) University of the Punjab, 1976.
- Certificate of Teaching Methodology, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), 1990.
- Diploma of Interpreter ship in Persian Language, National University of Modern Languages, NUML (2nd position holder), 1998.
- Certificate in Persian Language,NUML(1st position holder),1995
- Published 14 Research Papers in Internationally Recognized Journals, in the proceedings of International/National conferences related to research in Science and Technology.
Plan and instruct Physics and History Courses to CS and EE Undergrads using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Incorporate learning modality principles into classroom and individual instruction. Develop and conduct Quizzes and Assignments in line with modernity.
Endeavour to keep students abreast of the latest in Scientific and technological fields.
- HEC Approved supervisor. Currently supervising 4M. Phil- leading to- PhD students.( Three of them have earned their degrees, while the fourth one is waiting for his viva-voce)
- Supervised seminars and Viva voce related to the M.Phil students.
- Software (IBM and MAC environments): Microsoft Windows® and DOS, WordPerfect, Lotus123, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, Books in Print.
- Working knowledge of the Internet
- System installations and debugging; terminal/printer operations
Professional Development in Education
- Associate Professor, FoIT, UCP, Lahore. April 2015 to date.
- Registrar, GIFT University (HEC recognized W4 category University) Gujranwala. 2013 to date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of SS&H, FAST (NU), Lahore. 2009-2013.(has been teaching Physics and History of Pakistan to Undergrads)
- Instructor, Army Education Corps 1990-2009 (Have been teaching Physics and History at PMA,College of Army Edn,NUST,Army Public college of Management and sciences).Have been teaching graduate(B.A.B.Sc.) and under graduate classes.
- Lecturer in Physics (Have been teaching B.Sc. students), Punjab Education Department 1986-1990.
- Scientific officer AQ Khan Research Lab, Kahuta 1982-1986.
- Lecturer in Physics (Adhoc), Punjab Education Department 1980-1981.
- HoD, Humanities and Social Sciences, Examination and Quality Control. Editor, FoIT Quarterly magazine: Musings. Patron, MUN UCP.
Chief Coordinator: Students Societies, Social Internship Programme;Incharge University Library Committee; Chief Editor University News Letter, Tidings, besides overseeing the security- GIFT University Gujranwala.
- Have been there at the helm of security of the FAST.
- Advisor, DramaF, FAST-National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Lahore(Plays like Tamasha-e-Hayat, Social Pagal and A Tale of Tumours, won top positions in Islamabad,LUMS and Rafi Peer theatre held competitions).
- Advisor, Creative Society, FAST-National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Lahore (Organized various welfare oriented functions such as, Sufi-o-Milli Mehfil to raise funds for the flood victims of 2009).
- Adjutant Academics Wing, EME College, NUST Golra Morr, Rawalpindi. 2007-2009
- Officer In charge Co-Curricular Activities, College of Army Education, Upper Topa, 2000-2003 Murree.
- Officer Commanding HQ Coy, College of Army Education, Upper Topa, Murree.
- Member, Pakistan Institute of Physicists (PIP).
- Approved PhD Supervisor HEC.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- I.M. Ghauri, Karrar Haider. J. Phys.D. Appl. Phys.39 (2006) 2829 -2831.
- I.M. Ghauri, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Modern Physics B. 2131 (2007) 5247-5255.
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider AJST, Vol 4, (29-31), November 2011 Journalajst.com
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Applied Science & Technology Vol. 2, No. 1 (292-97) January ‘2012. On live at ijastnet.com
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Applied Science & Technology Vol. 2, No.2 (110-113) February’ 2012. On live at ijastnet.com
- Karrar Haider, Khadim Hussain. 2nd International Conf on Frontiers of Adv Engg Materials (FAEM-06), 04- Dec’08, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Adnan Latif. PIP Intl Conf 2009, February 23-26’ 2009, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Hamza Zafar October 10-12,2011 AIOU Islamabad.
- – Karrar Haider, Asma Haleem. (FAEM 06) 04-06 December 2008, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Hamza Zafar 1st National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- B Warraich, Karrar Haider, 1st National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- Benyamin Masih, Karrar Haider, 1st Intl Conference on Physics & Engg Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- Muhammad Munir Akhtar, Karrar Haider, 1st Intl Conference on Physics & Engg Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab
Faculty Of Information Technology
Dr. Abdul Rauf Nizami
Shafiq Ur Rahman
Liaquat Majeed Sheikh
Faculty of Information Technology.
Dr. Karrar Haider
Faculty of Information technology.