The course is designed for the beginners with either no formal background or very little acquaintance with economics. The objective is to give students a clear understanding of the basic concepts, tools of analysis and terminologies used both in micro and macro-economics. The course will cover the scope and importance of micro and macro-economics, overview of the social system and economy as integral part of the social system. The course will also deal with the major issues in Pakistan economy.
1. Bade, Robin and Parkin, Michael. Foundations of Economics, 5th edn. Boston: Pearson, 2010.
2. McConnel and Brue. Microeconomics, 18th edn. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2009.
3. Parkin, Michael. Macroeconomics, 7th edn. Boston: Pearson, 2005.
4. Varian Hall R. Intermediate Microeconomics: Modern Approach, 6th edn. New York: Norton, 2002.
5. Zaidi, Akbar. Issues in Pakistan Economy. Karachi: OUP, 1999.