The component is designed to give students a thorough grounding in the civil law of obligations. In Semester-I, the course will cover the law of contract, which involves the study of legally binding agreements. The fundamental rules concerning the formation of a contract, the legal effects of its terms and its discharge will be critically examined.
1. Beatson, Sir, Jack et al. Anson’s Law of Contract, 29th edn. Oxford: OUP, 2010.
2. Furmston, M. P. Cheshire, Fifoot and Furmston’s Law of Contract. Oxford: OUP, 2007.
3. Koffman, Laurence & Macdonald, Elizabeth. Law of Contract, 7th edn. Oxford: OUP, 2010.
4. Samuel, Geoffrey. Contract Law: Cases and Materials. London: Sweet & Maxwell, 2007.
5. Singh, Justice JP. Ratanlal & Dhirajlal’s The Law of Torts, 26th edn. Nagpur: Lexis Nexis, 2010.
6. Sujan, M.A. Frustration of Contract, 2nd edn. Delhi: Universal, 2001.
7. The Contract Act, 1872. (Sections 1-147).