The course will deal with Definition, Nature, Scope and Sub-fields of Political Science. Basic concepts of Political Science: Power, Authority, Legitimacy, Nation and Sovereignty. State: its origin and evolution; Western and Islamic concepts of State, Forms of State: Unitary, Federation, Confederation. Organs of Government: Legislature, Executive, Judiciary. Forms of Government: Parliamentary, Presidential and Authoritarian. The political concepts and institutions in Islam.
Anderson, Rodee et.al. Introduction to Political Science. Islamabad: National Book Foundation, Latest edn.
2. Ebenstein, William. Great Political Thinkers: From Plato to Present, 6th edn. London: Wadesworth,1999.
3. Haq, Mazherul. Theory and Practice in Political Science. Lahore: Bookland, 1996.
4. Mackenzi, Ian. (ed.), Political Concepts: A Reader and Guide. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2005.
5. Mahajan, V. D. Political Theory. New Delhi: Chand, 2006.
6. Rosenthal, E. J. Political Thought in Medieval Islam. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1958. (2009 rpt.).
7. Roskin, Michael G. Political Science: An Introduction. London: Prentice Hall, 1997.
8. Sayeed, Khalid Bin. Political System of Pakistan. Lahore: Oxford University, Press, 1967.