Ms. Hira Mubeen completed her MPhil (Biotechnology) from National Institute for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE), Faisalabad, Pakistan. She worked as Assistant Professor at Faculty of Computer Sciences (Bioinformatics), LGU and Assistant Professor at Faculty of Life and Health Sciences, USA. She also worked as Assistant Director at Office of Research Innovation and Commercialization (ORIC), LGU. She worked on various research projects related to molecular biology, genetic engineering and agriculture biotechnology. While working as a “Research Officer” and “Demonstrator” at Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), she explored more details of ongoing Biotechnology, Molecular Biology research techniques and computational methods along with various Bioinformatics tools for analysis and Gene Expression studies. She has organized 5 International conferences, 7 National workshops and various seminars. She has published more than 39 Research Publications in well reputed high impact factor International and HEC recognized Journals. Her research interest includes: Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology and Computational Biology.
- Molecular Biology
- Health Biotechnology
- Methods in Molecular Biology
Dr. Muhammad Naveed obtained PhD degree in Biotechnology (Genomics & Bioinformatics) from Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, Pakistan with distinction. He has also won PhD indigenous and IRSIP scholarships from HEC, Pakistan. He has done Pre-Doc research from University of Ghent, Belgium and LGC Genomics, Germany in Molecular Biotechnology. HEC awarded him best PhD Scholar (IRSIP) of the year 2013 and QAU honored him as “Distinguished Alumni” on its Golden Jubilee celebrations 2017. He is doing research work in field of Bioinformatics, Genomics and Molecular Biology. He has supervised 05 MSc., 20 MPhil. & 01 PhDs. He has published 44 research articles, 01 book and presented numerous papers in conferences. He has won Research productivity award 2016 and best teacher award 2017. Currently he is working on three research projects entitled as “Structural and functional characterization of hypothetical proteins and antibiotics resistance genes”, “Computational analysis and genotyping of human diseases of Pakistani population for drug design” and “Development of new Databases”.
- Molecular Biology
- Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics
- Amino acid and Protein
Genomics & Bioinformatics
QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY ISLAMABAD
GHENT UNIVERSITY, BELGIUM
Cell & Molecular Biology
QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY ISLAMABAD
UNIVERSITY OF ARID AGRICULTURE RAWALPINDI PUNJAB
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry
PUNJAB UNIVERSITY PAKISTAN
GOVT. COLLEGE GUJRANWALA PAKISTAN
FEDERAL BOARD ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN
Demonstrator & Research associate (Two years)
Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad .
Internee (BPS-17) in International Liaison Wing (One-year)
Ministry of Science and Technology, Islamabad.
Quality Control Manger (Three years)
Pepsi cola, Islamabad.
Subject specialist Teacher (One-year)
Arqam House Chanan, Kharian, Gujrat.
Lecturer (Two year’s)
Al-Ahmed School and College Shamsabad, Rawalpindi.
I am supervising a number of students for their MPhil, M.Sc and Undergraduate Research write-ups in different institutes and they are co-authors on my publications.
Hand on training workshop on Basic tools in Bioinformatics-2017
GC University, Lahore
Trends and Prospects in Molecular Biosciences-2017
University of Punjab, Lahore
“TWO days’ SYMPOSIUM on BIOSAFETY AND BIOSECURITY”-2017
UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT
First National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences-2017
Chair session & Key note speaker
Hazara University Mansehra
Hepatitis awareness seminar in sialkot-2016
Focal person and talk on molecular aspects of HCV
UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT, SIALKOT CAMPUS
International Workshop on Patent Writing-2016
Patents and Paper writing
UNIVERSITY OF PESHAWER AT MURREE
13th Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology-2016
Recent Advances & Challenges in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology”
Establishing and leading a research group”-2016
“PSF workshop on establishing and leading a research group”
COMSATS INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAHORE
Biochemistry, biotechnology and biomaterials-2016
International conference of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biomaterials
UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, FAISLABAD
Symposium on transgenic approaches
UNIVERSITY OF GHENT, BELGIUM
Hidden potential of microbe in biotechnology
DAAD, GERMANY & QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
Plant genetic engineering-2011
Application of genetic engineering in plants
Tools and applications of Bioinformatics
- Have won 1st Position (Gold medal) in poster presentation competition in 1st National conference on emerging trends in Bioinformatics, HU Mansehra, 20-22 July, 2017
- Listed among top 10 young Scientist in field of Bioinformatics in Pakistan in 1st National conference on emerging trends in Bioinformatics, HU Mansehra, 20-22 July, 2017.
- Awarded and honored as “Distinguished Alumni” from Quaid-e-Azam University on its Golden Jubilee celebrations 2017
- Won Research productivity award 2016
- Won Best teacher award of the year 2016 (Biochemistry & Biotechnology)
- Got Vice-chancellor award (3rd position) in MSc Biochemistry from PMAS arid Agriculture University, Islamabad.
- HEC IRSIP best PhD Scholar of the year 2013.
- Got A grade in MPhil as well in PhD degrees.
- Won HEC indigenous scholarship for PhD study.
- Won HEC IRSIP scholarship for Belgium & Germany for PhD research work.
- International researcher of the year (2013) of Ghent University, Belgium.
- Got maximum of 84 Marks in GAT subjective of 2011.
- Best Poster presentation award in International conference of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biomaterials, UAF, 2016.
+92-42-35880007 Ext: 451
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab
Dr. Asma Zafar has completed her PhD in Biotechnology from Govt. College University Lahore (GCUL) and conducted part of her research work at Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London. Her research focuses on Gene Cloning and Expression, Protein Purification and characterization of recombinant proteins from hyperthermophillic archea. At Bioengineering Department, Imperial College London she got experience in Plasmid Constructions, DNA sequencing Techniques, Animal Cell Culturing, Florescent Microscopy and Proteomics. Her expertise are in the field of Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Microbiology. She has published her research work in high impact factor journals and participated in various International and National Conferences as presenter. To date she has 20.42 impact factor. She has work experience in various projects of Pakistan Science Foundation as well as Higher Education Commission Islamabad, Pakistan.
Degree Institute/Board Division Year
PhD Govt. College University, Lahore 1st Div 2017
M.Phil. Govt. College University, Lahore 1st Div 2009
M.Sc. Govt. College University, Lahore 1st Div 2006
B.Sc. University of the Punjab, Lahore 2nd Div 2004
(Zool, Bot, Chem)
F.Sc. B.I.S.E, Gujranwala 1st Div 2002
Matric B.I.S.E, Gujranwala 1st Div 1999
B.Ed Allama Iqbal Open University 1st Div 2006
GRE Scored 64 in GRE 2010
- Four years doctoral research experience under the supervision of Muhammad Nauman Aftab at the institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Govt. College University, Lahore, Pakistan under the topic “Expression of GH13 family gene from Thermotoga petrophila into E. coli and characterization of the recombinant enzyme”.
- Six months research experience in the project entitled Synthetic gene network for monitoring shear stress sensor activity in endothelial cells under the supervision of Rob Krams at the Bioengineering department, Imperial College, London.
- One Year post graduate research experience under the supervision of Muhammad Nauman Aftab at the institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Govt. College University, Lahore under the topic Cloning and Expression of xylanase gene from Bacillus licheniformis into E.coli
- One Year post graduate research experience under the supervision of Muhammad Mohsin javed at the institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Govt. College University, Lahore under the topic Ethnol Fermentation of Low Quality Dates by Yeast.
PUBLICATIONS / ABSTRACTS
- 1. Muhammad N. Aftab, Asma Zafar, , Iqbal I, Kaleem A, Zia KM and Awan AR. Optimization of saccharification potential of recombinant xylanase from Bacillus licheniformis. Bioengineered. (2017). DOI: 10.1080/21655979.2017.1373918. (Impact factor: 1.691)
- Muhammad N. Aftab, Asma Zafar & Ali R. Awan. Expression of thermostable β-xylosidase in Escherichia coli for use in saccharification of plant biomass, Bioengineered. (2017). DOI: 10.1080/21655979.2016.1267884 (Impact factor: 1.870)
- Zoltan Kis, Tania Rodin, Asma Zafar, Zhangxing Lai, Grace Freke, Oliver Fleck, Armando del rio Hernandez, Leila Towhidi, Ryan Pedrigi and Takayuki Homma. Development of a synthetic gene network to modulate gene expression by mechanical forces. (2016). Scientific reports. 6: 29643. DOI: 10.1038/srep29643. nature.com/scientific reports/ (Impact factor: 5.228)
- Asma Zafar, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Zia ud Din, Saima Aftab, Irfana Iqbal and Ikram ul Haq. Cloning, purification and characterization of highly thermostable gene of Thermotoga petrophila into Escherishia coli. (2015). Biochem. Biotechnol. DOI 10.1007/s12010-015-1912-8 (Impact factor: 1.735)
- Asma Zafar, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Zia ud Din, Saima Aftab, Irfana Iqbal, Anam Shahid, Arifa Tahir and Ikram ul Haq. Cloning, Expression and purification of xylanase gene from Bacillus licheniformis for use in saccharification of plant biomass. (2015). Biochem. Biotechnol. DOI 10.1007/s12010-015-1872-z (Impact factor: 1.735)
- Irfana Iqbal, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Mohammed Afzal, Asad Ur-Rehman, Saima Aftab, Asma Zafar, Zia Ud-Din, Ateeq ue Rahman Khuharo, Jawad Iqbal and Ikram Ul-Haq. Purification and characterization of cloned alkaline protease gene of Geobacillus stearothermophilus. (2014) Basic Microbiol., 54, pp. 1–12. (Impact factor: 1.823)
- Saima Aftab, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Ikram-Ul-Haq, Muhammad Mohsin Javed, Asma Zafar and Irfana Iqbal. Cloning and expression of endo-1 4–β-glucanase gene from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580 into Escherichia coli BL21 (DE 3). (2012). African Journal of Biotechnology. 11 (12), pp. 2846-2854 (Impact factor: 0.5)
- Fermenter studies of cloned thermostable Alpha amylase gene from Thermotoga peterophila and application in textile industry. (Manuscript submitted in Basic Microbiology Journal).
- Cloning, purification and characterization of β-glucosidase gene from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC14580 into coli for saccharification of plant biomass (Manuscript is in process).
- Kinetic and thermodynamic studies of recombinant alpha amylase protein from Thermotoga petrophila into coli BL21 (DE3). (Manuscript is in process)
- Optimization of saccharification potential of recombinant hemicellulases from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580 (Manuscript is in process)
- Screening of Bacillus strains by 16S rRNA from soil samples of Pakistan for the production of probiotics. (Manuscript submitted in Pakistan journal of Zoology)
- Cloning and expression of protease gene from Thermotoga petrophilla into Escherichia coli BL21 (DE 3) and characterization of the recombinant enzyme. (Manuscript is in process).
- Cloning, expression and purification of Endoglucanase gene from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC 14580 into Escherichia coli BL21 (DE3) for use in Biomass saccharification. (Manuscript is in process)
- Ziauddin, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Asma Zafar, Irfana Iqbal, Ikram-ul-Haq, Abdul wajid and Masroor Elahi Babar. Probiotics production for poltry birds, Bacillus spp. from Pakistani soils: isolation, identification and screening of selected species. Abstract published in 1st International Conference on Environment and Biosciences 16th and 17th April, 2015.
- Asma Zafar, Muhammad Nauman Aftab, Saima Aftab, Irfana Iqbal and Ziauddin. Fermenter studies of cloned thermostable Alpha amylase gene from Thermotoga peterophila and application in textile industry. Abstract published in 2nd International Conference of Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, held in November 26-28, 2014 at Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, GCU, Lahore
- Oliver Fleck, Zoltan Kis, Asma Zafar, Zhangxing Lai, Takayuki Homma and Rob Krams. Employing synthetic biology and shear stress sensing to tackle atherosclerosis. (2014) Abstarct published in Medical Engineering Centres Annual Meeting and Bioengineering 14 Imperial College London.
CONFERENCES / WORKSHOPS / SEMINARS ATTENDED
- Attended 6th International and 15th National Conference on Dynamic Trends in Plant Science-Fostering Environment and Food Security, held on May, 9-11, 2017, jointly organized by the Sardar Bahadur Khan University, Quetta, Pakistan and Pakistan Botanical Society at Quetta, Pakistan and participated in oral presentation entitled “Purification and Characterization of cloned β-xylosidase enzyme from Bacillus licheniformis ATCC14580 into coli ”.
- Participated in two days National Conference on “Defeating the Public Enemy, The Mosquito: A real Challenge” (Poster Presentation) held on 3 – 4 December, 2014, organized by Dengue Prevention and Control Cell, Lahore College for Women University, Lahore.
- Attended two days training workshop on “Fermenter Studies and End Product Analysis by HPLC”, held in June 29-30, 2015 at Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, GCU, Lahore.
- Attended 2nd International Conference of Biotechnology for Sustainable Development, held in November 26-28, 2014 at Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, GCU, Lahore and participated in oral presentation entitled “Fermenter studies of cloned thermostable Alpha amylase gene from Thermotoga peterophila and application in textile industry”.
- Attended one day seminar on “Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics (BMB)” arranged by Institute of Industrial Biotechnology, GC University Lahore, Pakistan, on 23rd October 2014
- Attended 2nd International Conference of Plant Scientists and 11th international meeting of Plant scientists held in February 22-14, 2011 at Biology Department GCU, Lahore, Pakistan organized by Pakistan Botanical Society
- Participation in poster competition held at Biotechnology Exhibition and Seminar 2010 on 20-21 October, 2010 organized by Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan
- Attended Pakistan Botanic Garden Conference on “Action Plan for Botanic Gardens network in Pakistan” held in March 24-25, 2006 at GCU, Lahore, Pakistan organized by Botanic Garden GCU, Lahore, Pakistan
- Availed HEC IRSIP (International Research Support Initiative Program) Scholarship for six months for research in Bioengineering Department at Imperial College London, 2013
- Availed Indigenous scholarship entitled “Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Program” By Higher Education Commission of Pakistan, 2012.
GENE BANK SUBMISSIONS
Four gene Bank Submissions
One year research experience as a Research officer in a project of Cloning, Expression and characterization of alpha amylase genes from Thermotoga petrophila at institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Govt. College University, Lahore funded by Higher Education Commission, Pakistan
One year research experience as a Research officer in a project of Biofuels production from plant Biomass at institute of Industrial Biotechnology, Govt. College University, Lahore funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, Pakistan
Two years teaching experience as Science teacher at Al farooq educational system. Al-faisal Town Lahore
One year teaching experience at Al-badar girls High School, Gujranwala as Senior Science teacher
Worked as teaching coordinator for one semester at IIB, GCU, Lahore
Three months research experience as an internee under National Internship Program of the Govt. of Pakistan, in Food labs Saman Abad Lahore
Research interests are in the fields of
- Molecular Biology
My objective is to compliment and utilize my abilities for constructive purpose in any prestigious and reputable institute and to avail the opportunity of gaining valuable scientific knowledge experience.
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of central Punjab
Dr. Zia obtained PhD from CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore. He has worked in CEMB, University of the Punjab from Dec. 1986-Nov. 2013. He has established Forensic Research Lab at CEMB in 1995 and worked on HLA Typing and STRs. This research work yielded in Criminal case studies being presented in the Court of Law in Oct.2001. He has a vast experience to work on Metal Binding Proteins using DNA, RNA Isolation and their electrophoresis. He has worked on fungus Ascochyta Rabiei for its toxin inducing substances in Chickpea. He has worked with the Bioinformatics group of CEMB as a member to synthesize genes for the production of Pharmaceutical proteins like Interferon and Erythropoietin. Administratively, He has been Chairman Academic Committee of CEMB from 2011-2013. He has supervised 22 M.Phil. & 6 PhD students during his tenure. He has published 31 International articles in peer reviewed journals and many conference papers are on his credit. He has obtained research grants from MoST. His area of research is Forensic DNA Typing, Molecular Biology, and Pharmaceutical Biotechnology.
- Ecology, Biodiversity and Evolution
- PhD (Molecular Biology) from University of The Punjab. Pakistan.
- M.Sc (Biochemistry) from University of Agriculture Faisalabad Pakistan.
Research and Teaching Experience
Worked with the group studying metal binding proteins using yeast as model organism.
Worked with the group trying to find out molecular basis of chickpea blight and interactions between Chickpea and Ascochyta rabiei, I have tried to establish the role chickpea components for the induction of toxin production by the pathogen Ascochyta rabiei comparing resistant and susceptible cultivars of Chickpea.
Worked with the Production group of the Centre busy to provide different molecular biological tools to the researchers. I used to synthesize oligonucletide (Primers for DNA amplification, linkers, adapters etc.)
Worked with and lead forensic group to establish conditions for DNA fingerprinting (Human, Bacterial and Plant). Conditions for genotyping and human identification were established in the lab. Helped Punjab Police to resolve a parentage case, Blood samples were processed for genotyping STR loci and DNA test report was generated in September, 2001 and Lahore High Court decided the case in the light of the reported results in October, 2001 first time in the history of Pakistan. Supervised and guided seven M. Phil. Students to complete their research assignment in the field of DNA Fingerprinting.
Worked with the Biopharmaceutical group, tried to get native gene for human erythropoietin but in vein. Gene was designed with appropriate cloning strategy for Erythropoietin and Interferon alpha 2b.
- January, 2006 – to October, 2009.
Worked with Bioinformatic group of the Centre. Bioinformatics tools for the annotation of raw genetic information are learnt. Major objectives addressed are development of epitope vaccines against economically important threats to life. Basic work to organize human MHC binding peptides data has been done for future research. Other fields of working titles are related to gene optimization for better expression in target organisms and changes in physio-chemical properties of proteins in response to genetic mutation.
- October, 2009 to June, 2011.
Worked as DNA Technical Incharge of Forensic Services Laboratory of the Centre. Helped Police and Judiciary in solving medico legal cases employing DNA Profiling.
- June, 2011 to November, 2013:
Lead Forensic Research and Biopinformatics Group of the Centre. Teaching Ph. D/ M. Phil students of the Centre Advances in Forensic Sciences, Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.. Worked as Chairman Academic Committee of CEMB.
- February, 2015 to June 2016
Visiting Faculty, Institute of Social and Cultural Studies, University of The Punjab. Teaching Forensic to MSc Criminology students.
- February, 2016 to January 2017
Visiting Faculty, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab. Teaching Advanced Forensuc Toxicology to MS Forensic Students and Introduction to Molecular Biology and Biotechnology to MSc Students.
- January, 2017 to to-date
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab. Teaching Bioinfomatics to MS and MSc students. Ecology, Biodiversity and Evolution to BS students. Supervising MS students for their research in the field of Forensic.
Honors and Awards
- International Hand-on Training course on DNA Fingerprinting held at Centre for DNA Fingerprinting & Diagnostics (CDFD), Hyderabad, India from 6 – 19th November 1997.
- One-year training course at Institute of Experimental Medicine, CNR, Rome, Italy from September 1998 to August 1999. Major emphasize during this period was on DNA profiling & Genetic Linkage analysis using PCR amplification of the target DNA and visualizing the amplified product by DNA Sequencer (Genetic Analyzer-310).
- Helped Punjab Police to resolve a parentage case, Blood samples were processed for genotyping STR loci and DNA test report was generated in September, 2001 and Lahore High Court decided the case in the light of the reported results in October, 2001 first time in the history of Pakistan.
- Shafique M, Shahzad MS, Rahman Z, Shan MA, Perveen R, Shahzad M, Hussain M, Shahid AA, Husnain T (2016). Development of new PCR multiplex system by the simultaneous detection of 10 miniSTRs, SE33, Penta E, Penta D, and four Y-STRs. Int J Legal Med. PMID: 27166705 DOI: 10.1007/s00414-016-1372-x (IF= 2.862)
- Muhamamd Shahzad, Muhammad Shafique, Manzoor Hussain, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Rukhsana Perveen, Ziaurehman, Muhammad Idrees (2016). Successful DNA Profiling for Identification of burnt Families from their bones using AmpFℓSTR Identifiler® Plus Kit. Adv. life sci., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 59-626.
- Muhammad Israr, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Allah Rakha, Mian Sahib Zar, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain (2016) Baluchi and Pakhtun Population Data of 9 X-chromosomal Short Tandem Repeat Loci. J Forensic Leg Med. 2016 Jan;37:45-9 (IF= 0.870)
- Muhammad Ilyas, Syeda Saadia Fatim Ali, Sobia Ahsan Halim, Zulfiqar Ali Mir, Ziaur Rahman and Tayyab Husnain. (2015). Functional Annotation of Copy Number Variants in Pakistani Population. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 47(3), pp. 877-881. (IF=0.40)
- Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Azam Ali, Ziaur Rahman & Tayyab Husnain (2015) Genetic polymorphism of ten MiniSTR loci in the population of Punjab Pakistan for forensic application. International Journal of Legal Medicine Volume 129, Issue 5, pp 937-942 (IF= 2.862)
- Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Azam Ali, Ziaur Rahman, Manzoor Hussain & Tayyab Husnain (2015) Allele Frequency Distribution of ten MiniSTR loci in the Pashtun Population Pakistan. International Journal of Legal Medicine Vol. 129 Issue 3 pp 467-468. DOI 10.1007/s00414-015-1179-1 (IF= 2.862)
- Muhammad Ilyas, Jong-Soo Kim, Jesse Cooper, Young-Ah Shin, Hak-Min Kim, Yun Sung Cho, Seungwoo Hwang, Hyunho Kim, Jaewoo Moon, Oksung Chung, JeHoon Jun, Achal Rastogi, Sanghoon Song, Junsu Ko, Andrea Manica, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain and Jong Bhak (2015). Whole genome sequencing of an ethnic Pathan (Pakhtun) from the north-west of Pakistan. Genomics., 16:172 DOI 10.1186/s12864-015-1290-1 (IF=4.04)
- Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Azam Ali, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain. (2014). Genetic polymorphism of ten MiniSTR loci in the population of Punjab Pakistan for forensic application. Int J Legal Med: DOI 10.1007/s00414-014-1127-5. (IF= 2.862)
- Daud S, Shahzad S, Shafique M, Bhinder MA, ,Niaz M1, Naeem A, Azam M, Rahman Z, Husnain T. (2014). Optimization and Validation of PCR protocol for three Hypervariable Regions (HVI, HVII and HVIII) in Human Mitochondrial DNA. Adv. life sci., 1(3) pp. 165-170.
- Syyada Samra Jafri, Masaud Shah, Ziaur Rahman, Hasib Aamir Riaz, Jamil Riaz, Uzma Perveen, Tauseef Ahmad, Tayyab Husnain. (2014). Measurement of Aggression and related Psychological Constructs using the Genral Aggression and five Factor Models. Sci.Int.(Lahore),26(4),1559-1568,
- Muhammad Ilyas, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain, Jong Bhak. (2014). Pharmacogenomic Profile of a Pakistani Individual. Sci. Tech. and Dev. 33 (4): 183-187.
- Perveen R, Rahman Z, Shahzad MS, Israr M, Shafique M, Shan MA, Zar MS, Iqbal M, Husnain T. (2014). Y-STR haplotype diversity in Punjabi population of Pakistan. Forensic Science Int Genet. 9: e20-21. Doi:10.1016. (IF=3.20)
- Muhammad Israr, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Ziaur Rahman, Mian Sahib Zar, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Tayyab Husnain, Celine Pfeifer, Peter Wiegand. (2014). Development and characterization of a new 12-plex ChrX miniSTR system. Int J Legal Med DOI 10.1007/s00414-014-1009-x (IF=2.69)
- Masaud Shah, Abdul Wadood, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain. (2013). Interaction and inhibition of Dengue envelope Glycoprotein with mammalian receptor DX-SIGN, an in-silico approach.Plos One 8 (3): e 59221 (IF=3.53)
- Masaud Shah, Sulaiman Shams and Ziaur Rahman (2012). Molecular Relationship between Field and Vaccine Strain of Measles Virus and its Persistence in Pakistan. Genetic Vaccines and Therapy. 10: 1- 6. (IF=1.86)
- Niaz M. Achakzai, Z. Rahman, M. S. Shahzad, S. Daud, M. Sahibzar, M. Israr, T. Husnain, Sascha Willuweit, Lutz Roewer (2012). Y -Chromosomal STR analysis in Pashtun Population of Southern Afghanistan. Forensic Sci. Int. Genet. 6 (4): e103-e105. (IF. 3.86)
- Idrees Ahmad Nasir, Arshad Jamal, Ziaur Rahman and Tayyab Husnain (2012). Molecular analyses of gladiolus lines with improved resistance against Fusarium wilt. Pakistan Journal of Botany.44 (1): 73-79. (IF=1.21)
- Mukhtar Alam, Ziaur Rahman, Masaud Shah, Mian Sahib Zar, Sulaiman Shams, Faiz Ali, Muhammad Kazim Khan . (2012 ). Bioethics: Awareness, attitudes and opinions among University students and Faculty/Researchers. Pakistan Journal of Medical Sciences 28(4): 680-685 (IF=0.10)
- Nasir, I. A., Jahangir, G. A., Qamar, Z., Rahman, Z. and Husnain, T. (2011). Maintaining the regeneration potential of sugarcane callus for longer span. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 6(1):113-119. (IF=0.08)
- Syed Shoaib Ahmed, Atif Adnan, Anam Batool, Ziaur Rahman, Muhammad Ilyas and Syyada Samra Jafri (2011). Investigating the potential role of platelet derived growth factor (PDGF). Biotechnology and Molecular Biology Reviews.6(6):133–141
- Bushra, T., Nasir, I. A. Farooq, A. M., Rahman, Z. and Husnain, T. (2010). Viability assessment of in-vitro produced synthetic seeds of cucumber. African Journal of Biotechnology. 9 (28):7026-7032. (IF=0.57)
- Shahzad, M. S., Bokhari, S. Y., Rahman R., Bulbul O and Zia R. Development of STR Multiplex for Six Markers and Genetic Analysis of Pakistani Population. Journal of Islamic Countries for Forensic Medicine, 5 (2009) 46-54
- Faraz Malik, Mahmood A. Kayani, M. Ansar, Obaid Ullah, Muhammad Shafeeq, Shahid Chohan, Yassir Abbas, Saqib Shazad, Ali Raza, Rahat Rehman, Faizan Raiz, Qurat-ul-ain, Muhammad Hassan Siddiqi, Allah Rakha, Ziaur Rahman, Zahoor Ahmed, (2008). Development of 19-plex Y STR system and polymorphism studies in Pakistani population. Journal of Xi’an Jiaotong University, 20 (4).267-273. (IF=0.03)
- Saqib Shahzad, S. Yassir Abbas, Abdul Qayyum Rao, M. Hashim Raza, ObaidUllah, Ziaur Rahman, A. Ali Shahid, Zahoor Ahmed, and S. Riazuddin (2004). Population Studies of STR Markers Loci D3S1358, D5S818, D7S820, D18S51 and FGA (FIBRA) in Sindhi and NWFP Populations of Pakistan for Forensic Use. ARCH. MED. SAD. KRYM. Vol. LIV: 215-222. (IF=2.54)
- S. Yassir Abbas, Saqib Shahzad, Abdul Qayyum Rao, M. Hashim Raza, F. Arshad, M. Shafique, Ziaur Rahman , A. Ali Shahid, Zahoor Ahmed, and S. Riazuddin. (2003). Development of STR Multiplex System (D5S818, D7S820 And D18S51) for Forensic Casework. Pak. J. Zoology. (Proceedings of 23 rd Pakistan Cogress of Zoology), Vol. 23: 167-174. (IF=0.40)
- Aslam, N., Rahman, Z . and Riazuddin, S. (2002). Optimization of PCR Conditions to amplify Short Tandem Repeats (STR) of Human Genomic DNA. International J. of Agriculture & Biology. Vol. 4(1): 4-7. (IF=0.90)
- Aslam, N., Rahman, Z and Raizuddin,S. (2002). Allelic and Genotypic Frequency distribution and three STRloci (vWA, D3S1358 and D16S539) in Pakistani Population. International J. of Agriculture & Biology Vol. 4(1): 8-11. (IF=0.90)
- Rahman, Z, Afroze, T, and Weir, S.B. (2001). DNA Typing results from two urban Sub-Populations of Pakistan. J. of Forensic Sciences USA. Vol. 46(1): 111-115. (IF=1.31)
- Rahman, Z ., Shahid, A. A. and Riazuddin, S. ( 1994 ). Plant Fungus Interaction Chickpea Blight. Pak. J. Agric. Res. Vol. 15: 1, 294-96.
- Khan M. I., Yasmin, R., Fahmy, M. A., Haq R., Shakoori, A. R. and Rahman Z. (1989). Studies on cell survival and metal binding protein(s) in yeast. Pak. J. Zool. Vol. 20: 275-81. (IF=0.40)
- Rahman Z ., Ali, N. and Khan K. M. ( 1980 ). Increase in Wheat yield by Triacontanol: An Alfalfa (Medicago Sativa) Constituent. Pak. J. Agri. Sci. Vol. XVII: 15-18.
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of central Punjab
Dr. Tanzeela Riaz received PhD degree in December 2015 from University of the Punjab, Lahore with specialization in Biochemical Toxicology. She has almost 10 years research experience in Biochemical Toxicology, Environmental Biochemistry, Pesticide Resistance, Pest Control Management, Enzyme Biotechnology, Industrial Microbiology and Bio-Degradation. PhD research project entitled “Biochemical basis of development of resistance in phosphine exposed populations of Trogoderma granarium from Punjab: Role of esterases and microsomal enzymes”. MS research project entitled “Production and characterization of alkaline proteolytic enzyme from Bacillus sp.” She has published eighteen research articles in HEC recognized/impact factor international & national journals and 16 abstracts in international proceedings. She has participated in several national and international conferences and seminars as organizer and presenter. She has supervised 8 MS and 6 MSc theses. She is currently supervising one PhD and two BS theses. Higher Education Commission of Pakistan awarded “indigenous 5000 PhD Fellowship” and University of the Punjab awarded Merit scholarships during MS. Higher Education Commission of Pakistan appointed Assistant Professor in University of Central Punjab, Lahore. She is reviewer of some national international research journals, incharge Animal House, Member of Quality Enhancement Cell and member of the ethics committee at UCP, Lahore. Expertise in all techniques relevant to biochemistry like SDS PAGE, PCR, ELISA, Gel Documentation, Pest Culture Rearing etc.
- Introduction to Biochemistry
- Metabolic Pathways
Ph.D; Department of Zoology (Biochemistry), University of the Punjab, New Campus, Lahore, (2010-2015), Subjects: (Biochemical Toxicology-I, Biochemical toxicology-II, Microbial diversity, Environmental Microbiology)
Ph.D Research Project
“Biochemical basis of development of resistance in phosphine exposed populations of Trogoderma granarium from Punjab: Role of esterases and microsomal enzymes.”
M.S; Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, New Campus, Lahore, 2008-2010; 1st Division (3.613/4 CGPA). Subjects: (industrial biotechnology, applied microbiology, general parasitology, mol. clinical endocrinology, fundamental immunology and aquatic toxicology)
M.S. Research Project
“Producation and characterization of alkaline proteolytic enzyme from Bacillus sp.”
B.S (4years); Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, New Campus, Lahore, 2004-2008; 1st Division (3.65/4 CGPA). Subjects: (Biochemistry-I, Biochemistry-II, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, Physiology, Genetics, Environmental Biology, Evolution, Palaeontology, Zoogeography, Wildlife, Taxonomy, Microbiology).
B.S. Research Project
“Comparison of efficacy of Torque and Mirage against Heterotermes indicola”.
Intermediate; (Pre-Medical); Govt. degree College for Women, M.B.DIN; 2001-2003; 1st Division (802/1100); Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Urdu, Pak. Studies, Islamiyat.
Matriculation; Municipal Model High School M.B.DIN; 2000; Ist. Division (661/850); Subjects: (English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Math., Pak. Studies, Urdu, Islamiyat)
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan awarded “indigenous Ph.D Fellowship” for a period of three years 1st November 2011- 31st October 2014.
- Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab awarded Merit Scholarship of Rs. 12000 in M.S program.
Faculty of Life Sciences,
University of Central Punjab, Lahore
|22nd April 2016-till date||Teaching B.S, MSc, M.S and Ph.D courses|
Department of Science Education, IER University of the Punjab, Lahore
|20th Oct 2015-2nd April 2016||Teaching B.SED classes and conducting practicals|
|College teaching internee
Govt. college of science, Wahdat Road Lahore.
|4th October 2014-31st August 2015||Teaching M.Sc. and B.Sc Hons and F.Sc classes and conducting practicals|
Department of Zoology, University of the Punjab, Lahore
|10th Oct 2011-May, 2012||Teaching biochemistry to M.Sc-1 classes and conducting practicals|
Publications in Journals
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R. AND ALI, S.S., 2017. Effect of Phosphine on Esterases of Larvae and Adult Beetles of Phosphine-Exposed Populations of Stored Grain Pest, Trogoderma granarium Collected from Different Godowns of Punjab. Pakistan J. Zool, 49 (3): 819-824. (Impact factor=0.48)
- HAFIZ, A., RIAZ, T. AND SHAKOORI, F.R., 2017. Metabolic Profile of a stored grain pest Trogoderma granarium exposed to deltamethrin, Pakistan J. Zool, 49(1): 183-188. (Impact factor=0.48)
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R. AND ALI, S.S., 2017. Phosphine induced alterations in microsomal enzymes of a stored grain pest Trogoderma granarium collected from godowns of Punjab. Pakistan Journal of Zoology, (Impact factor=0.48)
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R. AND ALI, S.S., 2016.Toxicity of phosphine against tolerant and susceptible populations of Trogoderma granarium collected from Punjab, Pakistan. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 31(1): 2530.
- SHAKOORI, F. R., FEROZE, A. AND RIAZ, T., 2016. Effect of Sub-lethal Doses of Phosphine on Macromolecular Concentrations and Metabolites of Adult Beetles of Stored Grain Pest, Trogoderma granarium, Previously Exposed to Phosphine, Pakistan J. Zool, 48(2): 583-588. (Impact factor=0.48)
- SHAKOORI, F. R., SHOKAT, M., SALEEM, F. AND RIAZ, T., 2015. Screening, optimization and Characterization of Xylanase by Locally Isolated Bacteria. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 30(2): 65-71.
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R. AND ALI, S. S., 2014. Effect of temperature on the development, survival, fecundity and lngevity of stored grain pest, Trogoderma granarium. Pakistan J. Zool., 46 (6):1485-1489. (Impact factor=0.48)
- ALI, S. S., ATTA, B., & RIAZ, T., 2014. Effect of different nitrogen sources and Niacin on β-Mannanse producation from locally isolated bacterial strian Bacillus badius. Pakistan J. Mol. Med., 1(1-2): 17-22.
- ALI, S. S., MAZHAR, H., & RIAZ, T., 2011. Screening and characterization of cypermethrin degrading bacteria from polluted samples. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 26(1): 59-74.
- ALI, S. S., NAZIR, M., & RIAZ, T., 2010. Effect of salt stress and vitamin B1 on amylase production potential in locally isolated bacteria. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 25(1-2): 67-80.
- ALI, S. S., HABIB, I., & RIAZ, T., 2009. Screening and characterization of alkaliphilic bacteria from industrial effluents. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 24(1-2): 49-60.
- ALI, S. S., ALI, S., MUNIR, S., & RIAZ, T., 2008. Insecticidal and bactericidal effects of ethanolic leaf extract of common oleander, Nerium oleander. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 23(1-2): 81-90.
Abstract Publications in conference proceedings
- ABBAS, N., BAIG, S.H., ALI, S.S. AND RIAZ, T., “Characterization of proteolytic Bacillus spp. from environment” in 30th Pakistan congress of zoology (International) at Agriculture University Faisalabad at 2-4 March 2010. Pp-59.
- RIAZ, T., ABBAS, N., BAIG, S.S. AND ALI, S.S “Isolation of proteolytic Bacillus sp. Optimization of alkaline, thermostable protease production and its characterization” In 31st Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by University of Azad & Jammu Kashmir, Muzaffarabad at 19-21 April 2011. Pp-66-67.
- RIAZ, T., ABBAS, N., BAIG, S.S. AND ALI, S.S. “Screening and optimization of extracellular alkaline, thermostable protease production from Bacillus sp., and characterization of proteolytic activity” In 32nd Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by Govt. College University, Lahore, at 6-8 March 2012. Pp-94.
- ALI, S. S., MUNAWAR, A.. AND RIAZ, T “Screening of pectin degrading bacteria from local environment: isolation and characterization” In 32nd Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by Govt. College University, Lahore, at 6-8 March 2012. Pp-126-127.
- ALI, S. S., SANAULLAH, S., TABSSUM, F. AND RIAZ, T.“Role of bacteria mannanase in biodegradation of waste: Screening, isolation and characterization” in 32nd Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by Govt. College University, Lahore, at 6-8 March 2012. Pp-129.
- RIAZ, T. AND ALI., S.S., “Effect of temperature on the development, survival, fecundity and longevity in stored grain pest, Trogoderma granarium” In 33rd Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by Natural History Museum, Islamabad and PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi at 2-4 April 2013. Pp 409.
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R. AND ALI, S. S., 2015. “Comparison of toxicity of phosphine against resistant and susceptible populations; 4th, 6th instar larvae and adult beetle of Trogoderma granarium” in 35th Pakistan congress of Zoology (International) organized by Centre of Excellence in Marine Biology, Karachi at March 1 – 4, 2015.
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R, SHAKOORI, A. R.. AND ALI, S. S., 2016. “Possible role of esterases in development of tolerance against phosphine in phosphine exposed populations of Trogoderma granarium from Punjab” In 36th Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by Sindh University Jamshoro at 16-18 February 2016.
- RIAZ, T., SHAKOORI, F.R, SHAKOORI, A. R.. AND ALI, S. S., 2017. “Phosphine induced biochemical alterations in carbohydrate metabolism and macromolecular concentrations of a stored grain pest Trogoderma granarium over various exposure periods” accepted to be published in 37th Pakistan congress of zoology (International).
- 30th Pakistan congress of zoology (International) held at Agriculture University Faisalabad at 2-4 march 2010.
- 31st Pakistan congress of zoology (International) organized by University of Azad & Jammu Kashmir, Muzaffarabad at 19-21 April 2011.
- 32nd congress of zoology (International) organized by Government college University, Lahore at 2012.
- 33rd congress of zoology (International) organized by Natural History Museum, Islamabad and PMAS Arid Agriculture University Rawalpindi at 2-4 April 2013.
- One day workshop on “DNA Barcoding: A promising tool for species identification and biodiversity digitization” held at National Institute of Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering (NIBGE), Faisalabad held on 30th January 2012.
- One day symposium on “Recent Trends in Life Sciences” held At Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab, Lahore on 13th May 2016.
- Two day workshop on “SPSS and data analysis” held at University of Central Punjab, Lahore on 28-29th September 2016.
- One day seminar on “Recent Trends in Life Sciences: Recombinanat DNA Technology” held At Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab, Lahore on 2nd December 2016.
- One day seminar on “Recent Trends in Life Sciences: Scope of Biotechnology: A scientist´s perspective” held At Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab, Lahore on 31st March 2017.
- One day seminar on “Recent Trends in Life Sciences: Health benefits of Ramadan fasting” held At Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab, Lahore on 17th April 2017.
Seminar and Presentations
- Oral presentations in Pakistan congresses of Zoology ( International)
- Member of Quality Enhancement Cell of UCP
- Member of the ethics committee, University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
042-35880007 Ext: 451
University of central Punjab Faculty of Life Sciences
She has done M.Phil. Leading PhD in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry) from SBS, PU. She has qualified international GRE Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology. She did research under supervision of Prof. Dr. M. Akhtar (Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Southampton & DNP/ DG, SBS, UP). Her PhD research project was on “Preparation of recombinant human interferon alpha-2b and removal of its N-terminal methionine using methionine amino peptidases”. She has expertise in recombinant proteins and enzymes preparation and characterization. She has rich experience on co- transformation, co-expression and site directed mutagenesis. Before Joining UCP she served as Assistant Professor in LCWU and been awarded with Research Project by HEC. She has supervised nine MS & six MSc and currently supervising two MS, two MSc and One PhD research. She has twenty publications in HEC recognized international Journals with impact factor. Her name is there in the Directory of Productive Scientists of Pakistan. She is reviewer of many international research journals and member of Quality Enhancement Cell of HEC, University of Central Punjab, Lahore. She has participated in several national and international conferences and seminars as organizer and presenter.
- Advanced Clinical Biochemistry
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Cell and Tissue Culture
- PhD (Biochemistry and Molecular biology), School of Biological Sciences, University of the Punjab, Lahore.Pakistan.
- M. Phil leading to PhD Biochemistry, University of the Punjab, LahorePakistan.
- B.Ed: Cambridge Studies Ali Institute of Education LahorePakistan.
- M.Sc Majors in Organic Chemistry-University of the PunjabPakistan
- B.Sc, Majors in Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, Govt. College For Women Gulberg Lahore. Pakistan.
- F.Sc: Pre-Medical: Govt. College For Women Modal Town Lahore Pakistan.
- Matric, Federal Govt. Girls High School Pakistan.
- Assistant Professor Biochemistry at University of Central Punjab Lahore. Pakistan
- Assistant Professor Biochemistry at Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Pakistan
Honors and Awards
- Qualified International GRE Test Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Qualified Punjab Public Service Commission Examination (For Lecturer Chemistry”).
- Certificate for making the institution (Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges) successful.
- Prize for successfully organizing Mother’s day at Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges.
- Certificate for participating in poster competition at Govt. College for Women Gulberg Lahore.
- Certificate of Services as National cadet corps and women guard at Govt. Model College for women Model Town Lahore.
- Certificate for being badminton player of Federal Govt. Girls High School.
- Won “Science” Quiz at Ali Institute of Education.
- Prize for winning Quiz “Independence Movement” at Ali Institute of Education.
- Member of Pakistan Council of Scientific & Industrial research (PCSIR) Laboratories Complex (Dec 02-Oct 03)
- 1982 – 1984. Linguistics Society of America (LSA). Member.
- 2013 – date. Member Editorial Board. Journal of English Literary & Linguistic Studies (JELLS). Forman Christian College (a charted university), Lahore.
- 1998 – 2005. Regional Editor. The Yearbook of South Asian Languages & Linguistics. Sage Publications. New Delhi.
Graduate Students Postdocs Undergrad Students Honor Students
- 2016 – date. Member, Graduate Research Committee, Faculty of Arts and Social Science, UCP.
- Aug. 1995. Review Report on The Aga Khan University English Language Unit. Ms. The Aga Khan University Faculty of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Oct. 1994 Textbook Review. English textbook prepared by Baluchistan Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Quetta, Pakistan.
- Feb 1994 Teaching writing at secondary level in Sindh schools. Teacher Training Workshop conducted for Sindh Government’s Secondary School teachers. Sindh Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Karachi, Pakistan.
- 1993 – 1994 National English Language Curriculum. (Coauthor). National curriculum prepared by National English Language Institute (NELI), Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Oct-Nov 1993 English for Parliamentary Staff. Series of language workshops conducted for the staff of Provincial Assembly of Sind. Jointly sponsored by Asia Foundation and National Education and Training Commission (NETCOM), Ministry of Education, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- April 1991 Evaluation of English Language Curriculum.Pakistan Military Academy, Kakul, Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- January 1990 Introduction to Generative Linguistics: Series of Lectures on Syntax, Morphology, Phonology and Sociolinguistics. Pak-American Cultural Centre (PACC), Karachi, Pakistan.
Brief Statement of Research Interest
- Linguistics: Minimalist syntax, Urdu syntax, Sociolinguistics, Language typology.
- ELT: Curriculum design, Testing, ESP.
- A Note of Disagreement on Verb Agreement in Hindi-Urdu. 1989. Linguistics. 27:6 (pp 71-97).
- The Ergative Case in Hindi-Urdu. 1987. Studies in Linguistic Science. 17:1 (pp 91-101)
- Kay hawalay kay hawalay say. March 2016. Adab-e-Latif. 81:3(pp 148-152)
- MaiN, Zamir Naqvi aur ‘nigh-e-deeda-e-tasveer’. December 2011. Adab-e-Latif. 79:12 (pp 242-263).
- Mass literacy: the military option. 2 February 1996. Dawn Magazine.
Selected Professional Presentations
- Developing language quiz on Socrative App. 18 December 2012. Training workshop conducted at Khalifa City Women’s College, Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Using I-etherpad to develop Writing Skills. (In collaboration with Christine Lampe) 27th March 2011. Workshop conducted at ‘Focus on Foundations Conference’, Centre of Excellence for English, Al-Ain Colleges, HCT. Al Ain, UAE.
- Online tools for IELTS students. (In collaboration with Christine Lampe, Stephen Aston and Tsoghik Grigoryan) 27th March 2011. A joint presentation at ‘Focus on Foundations Conference’, Centre of Excellence for English, Al-Ain Colleges, HCT. Al Ain, UAE.
- Assessment for Learning. 7 October 2010. Workshop conducted for faculty PD at Al Ain Women’s College, HCT, Al Ain, UAE.
- Academic Writing. March 1995. A talk given at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Towards defining ESP. 19 – 22 April 1994. Paper presented at IATEFL annual meeting. Swansea, South Wales, UK.
- Formation of The Aga Khan University English Language Unit. 8 June 1993. A presentation at the Conference of English Language Units of Pakistan, jointly hosted by the University Grants Commission and The British Council, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Designing a curriculum. September 1992. Workshop conducted at PIA Training Centre, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Applied Linguistics & Language Teaching. 6 Oct. – 22 Dec., 1991. Supervised and delivered a teacher training program at The Aga Khan University, Pakistan.
- What to look for in textbook materials? 14 March 1990. Key note address at SPELT annual conference, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ergativity in Hindi-Urdu. 1986. Paper presented at South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable (SALA), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL., USA.
042-35880007 Ext: 328
University of central punjab Faculty of Life Science
Dr. Sajid Mansoor
Dr. Sadaf Riaz
Dr. Raza Hussain
Assistant Professor (HoD)
Assistant Professor Biotechnology
Faculty of Life Sciences
Dr. Muhammad Naveed
Assistant Professor Biotechnology
Faculty of Life Sciences
Dr Asma Zafer
Assistant Professor Biotechnology
Faculty of Life Sciences
Dr. Zia ur Rehman
Faculty of Life Sciences
Dr. Tanzeela Riaz
Assistant Professor Biochemistry
Faculty of Life Sciences
Dr. Amina Arif
Assistant Professor (Biochemistry)
Department of Life Science