Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Students
- The applicant must hold a foreign nationality at the time of application and admission.
- The applicant must have passed higher secondary school or the equivalent with a minimum of 60% for Pharmacy and Engineering Programs and 45% for other offered programs at UCP, and the students may have the following combination of subjects for Pharmacy, Life Sciences and Engineering Programs:
- Pharm-D/Life Sciences: English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering & Civil Engineering: English, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- The applicant must have either
- Passed the entrance test of UCP OR
- Scored a minimum of 550 each on SAT II, i) Chemistry ii) Biology, and iii) either Physics or Mathematics I or II tests.
- The applicant must have a valid TOEFL score of 500 or IELTS score of 5.5. However, language proficiency test results need not be submitted for students whose medium of instruction at the higher secondary level was English.
Terms & Conditions
- The following documents will be required after conditional offer:
- Print out of online application form (03 copies of all documents/passports)
- Certificates / Marks Sheet of HSSC / equivalent examination attested / verified by IBCC.
- Equivalence Certificate from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) Islamabad where applicable
- “Verification of Foreign Passport” by the concerned Embassy in Pakistan must be submitted in sealed envelope.
- Recent Photographs (should be pasted at each form).
- Proof of Pakistani Origin i.e. Pakistani Passport / National Identity Card / NICOP / Registration Form etc. (if applicable).
- Copy of domicile certificate in case of dual national Pakistanis Nomination letter or original NOC of concerned Embassy for studying in Pakistan (only for foreign nationals).
- Result of SAT-II or entry test.
- The documents received on fax will be considered only if its original copies are received subsequently within due date.
- The foreign applicant must apply directly to the university. The university must then send a copy of the acceptance letter to the HEC, which will then confirm its receipt and pass on an endorsement to the Ministry of Interior.
- The student must then apply for a visa with a Pakistani Embassy or Consulate in their country. She or he must submit the following documents:
- Application Form (Student Visa Form)
- Photocopy of passport
- All relevant transcripts, diplomas, and other educational documents
- Acceptance letter from the university applied to
- The Pakistani Embassy or Consulate abroad will then forward the complete application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad, for further processing.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will forward the application to the Ministry of Interior for security clearance. The Ministry of Interior will consult with the Ministry of Education and Health and the Higher Education Commission in this process. It must complete the clearance process within four weeks, and submit its judgement on the matter to a) The HEC and b) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- The HEC must then notify the concerned university and Ministry of Health of the decision by email.
- The visa, once issued, must be renewed annually, adhering to the same security clearance process.
- The host institution bears the responsibility of:
- Verifying the Visa Extension Form
- Issuing a Bona Fide Student Certificate
- Recommending whether or not to extend the visa
- The student must submit these documents to the concerned Passport Office (or mail to the Pakistani Embassy or Consulate, if living abroad), which will then grant the visa extension.