This is one of the most prestigious programs of the Faculty of Media and Communication Studies (FMCS) supervised by nationally and internationally reputed teaching faculties. This team is led by Prof. Dr. Mian Hanan Ahmad who is Ph.D. (Communication and Culture) from York University, Canada. He is assisted by other foreign qualified faculty members.
Faculty of Media and Communication Studies of the University of Central Punjab is the only Private Sector University to have NOC from HEC for its M.Phil. Program in Media and Communication Studies. Students here are well equipped with all required abilities to enter in the expanding field of media.
- Thesis Based
- Project Based
This program comprises two years and is divided into two parts, coursework and Thesis/Project. Course work is spread over a period of two semesters carrying a weight of 24 credit hours. After the completion of course work, the students will go for Thesis/Project carrying a weight of 12 Credit Hours.
M.Phil/MS (4 Semesters Program) Specialization (A)
Year 1, Semester 1S. No. Title Cr. Hrs Course Code
- 1Approaches to Mass Communication Studies u00e2u0080u0093I3JMS 5113
- 2Communication Research method u00e2u0080u0093 I3JMS 5123
- 3International Communication3JMS 5133
- 4Philosophy of Social Sciences3JMS 5143
Year 1, Semester 2S. No. Title Cr. Hrs Course Code
- 1Approaches to Mass Communication Studies u00e2u0080u0093II3JMS 5153
- 2Communication Research method u00e2u0080u0093 II3JMS 5163
- 3Optional Course* (Media Cultural and Society/Media and Politics/Advance Development Communication)3JMS 5173
- 4M.Phil. Seminar3JMS 5183
Year 2, Semester 3S. No. Title Cr. Hrs Course Code
- 1Thesis6JMS 6112
Year 2, Semester 4S. No. Title Cr. Hrs Course Code
- 1Thesis6JMS 6112
Mphil Media & Communication Studies (2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester
- 8 Courses Thesis3628,00025,000305,000137,000
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.