Ali Ahmad received B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering degree from University of Central Punjab (UCP), Lahore, Pakistan in 2012. He received M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering (Power) from University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore, Pakistan in 2015. He is currently pursuing PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from UET Lahore, Pakistan.
He has joined UCP in November 2012. Currently he is working as Lecturer in Electrical Engineering Department, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan. His area of specialization is Electric Power Engineering & research interests includes economics of HVDC & HVAC power systems, power quality, energy efficiency, etc.
- Power System Operation & Control
- Industrial Process Control
- Integrated Electronics
- Linear Control System
1. Reactive Energy Tariffs and Efficient Household Appliances.
Collaborators: Dr. Syed Abdul Rehman Kashif
Description: Main objective of this project is to analyze the quality of the signal drawn by household appliances. Primarily this project includes Reactive Energy (kVARh) demand, Power Factor (PF) and Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) in voltage and current of appliances. Secondary objective is to devise policy recommendations and standards for efficient household appliances.
List of Publications
- Impacts of the Wide-Spread Use of Uninterruptible Power Supplies on Pakistan’s Power System, Energy Policy, Volume 98, November 2016, Pages 629-636. (Impact Factor: 4.039, Publisher: Elsevier).
- Qualitative Analysis of Low Rating Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Science International(Lahore), 27(5), PP. 4047-4052, 2015, ISSN 1013-5316; CODEN: SINTE 8.
- Convolution of Time Series Electrical Load Forecasting Using Recurrent Neural Network Techniques, Journal of Engineering Technology, Volume 7, Special Issue (Internet of Things),Oct. 2018, PP. 130-144 (IF-1.26)
(042) 35880007 (128)
Faculty of Electrical Engineering University of Central Punjab