Mr. Bilal Akbar is advancing his knowledge via pursuing PhD degree from School of Management – University of Innsbruck, Austria. The area of research is emphasized on “Innovation horizons in family firm entrepreneurs”. He has accomplished his Master degree in Innovation and Management from University of Applied Sciences, Salzburg Austria. The research theme for Master degree was linked with Open innovation & Gamification. Before joining UCP business School, he was working in hospitality industry in Salzburg, Austria.
The overall scope of the research is extended to explore the different dimensions of Innovation Management i.e. Technological Innovation, Risk attitudes associated with Innovation, Innovation Process in organizational settings and Product Innovation. The intense focus of innovation is investigated in Small Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs) and Family Businesses.
Leadership & Professional Development
Small Medium Sized Entrepreneurs (SMEs)
- Demonstrated skills in family owned businesses emphasizing innovation and management.
- Persuasion and negotiation techniques, problem resolution, and exceptional competencies in services are among the major skills developed.
- Innovation is the key area where the significant experience is built in small medium sized enterprises.
PhD Management, University of Innsbruck. Austria; Topic “Investigating Innovation process in SMEs”
M.A Innovation and Management– University of Applied Sciences, Salzburg. Austria; Topic “Examining the potential determinants of Open Innovation for Gamification in Tourism”
Topic: Investigate the Innovation Horizons in SMEs Study on two main aspects of innovation are being consider the significant part of research i.e. Innovation Process and Innovation Policy
Thesis Topic: Explored the potential determinants of Open innovation that are applicable for Gamification in Tourism Context.
Specialization: Human Resource Management in organizational settings.
Lecturer, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Division
University of Central Punjab, Business School (Feb 2017- Present)
- Preparation, presentation and discussion of reports on several subjects under the Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Major subjects were included Entrepreneurship, Development of Small Medium Sized Enterprises, Innovation & Technology, Perspective of Innovation Process, Innovation in current Era, Innovative Product development.
- Exchanging the more advance knowledge regarding emerging innovation with both Bachelor and Master business students.
The Role of Risk Taking attitudes of family firm entrepreneurs in Tourism – published in Conference proceedings TTRA Europe Chapter, Angers 2017. France
Examine the Co-Creation Experience of Tourists On-site – ENTER ICT Conference 2014 Dublin. Ireland
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab