Dr. Karrar Haider
Eager to bring students into the twenty-first century using a unique combination of teaching experience coupled with 30 years’ educational, research and administrative background.
- Hold PhD Degree in Physics.
- Experienced in use of the Internet and educational software.
- Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic teaching as a means of creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in students.
- Basic Electronics
- Persian Language
- Pakistan Studies
Education, Honors, and Certifications
University of The Punjab, Lahore, 2011.
GC (PU), Lahore, 1979.
University of The Punjab, Lahore, 1992.
- Sc. (Phy, Math, Chem) University of the Punjab, 1976.
- Certificate of Teaching Methodology, National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), 1990.
- Diploma of Interpreter ship in Persian Language, National University of Modern Languages, NUML (2nd position holder), 1998.
- Certificate in Persian Language,NUML(1st position holder),1995
- Published 14 Research Papers in Internationally Recognized Journals, in the proceedings of International/National conferences related to research in Science and Technology.
Plan and instruct Physics and History Courses to CS and EE Undergrads using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Incorporate learning modality principles into classroom and individual instruction. Develop and conduct Quizzes and Assignments in line with modernity.
Endeavour to keep students abreast of the latest in Scientific and technological fields.
- HEC Approved supervisor. Currently supervising 4M. Phil- leading to- PhD students.( Three of them have earned their degrees, while the fourth one is waiting for his viva-voce)
- Supervised seminars and Viva voce related to the M.Phil students.
- Software (IBM and MAC environments): Microsoft Windows® and DOS, WordPerfect, Lotus123, Microsoft Word, PageMaker, Books in Print.
- Working knowledge of the Internet
- System installations and debugging; terminal/printer operations
Professional Development in Education
- Associate Professor, FoIT, UCP, Lahore. April 2015 to date.
- Registrar, GIFT University (HEC recognized W4 category University) Gujranwala. 2013 to date.
- Assistant Professor, Department of SS&H, FAST (NU), Lahore. 2009-2013.(has been teaching Physics and History of Pakistan to Undergrads)
- Instructor, Army Education Corps 1990-2009 (Have been teaching Physics and History at PMA,College of Army Edn,NUST,Army Public college of Management and sciences).Have been teaching graduate(B.A.B.Sc.) and under graduate classes.
- Lecturer in Physics (Have been teaching B.Sc. students), Punjab Education Department 1986-1990.
- Scientific officer AQ Khan Research Lab, Kahuta 1982-1986.
- Lecturer in Physics (Adhoc), Punjab Education Department 1980-1981.
- HoD, Humanities and Social Sciences, Examination and Quality Control. Editor, FoIT Quarterly magazine: Musings. Patron, MUN UCP.
Chief Coordinator: Students Societies, Social Internship Programme;Incharge University Library Committee; Chief Editor University News Letter, Tidings, besides overseeing the security- GIFT University Gujranwala.
- Have been there at the helm of security of the FAST.
- Advisor, DramaF, FAST-National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Lahore(Plays like Tamasha-e-Hayat, Social Pagal and A Tale of Tumours, won top positions in Islamabad,LUMS and Rafi Peer theatre held competitions).
- Advisor, Creative Society, FAST-National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, Lahore (Organized various welfare oriented functions such as, Sufi-o-Milli Mehfil to raise funds for the flood victims of 2009).
- Adjutant Academics Wing, EME College, NUST Golra Morr, Rawalpindi. 2007-2009
- Officer In charge Co-Curricular Activities, College of Army Education, Upper Topa, 2000-2003 Murree.
- Officer Commanding HQ Coy, College of Army Education, Upper Topa, Murree.
- Member, Pakistan Institute of Physicists (PIP).
- Approved PhD Supervisor HEC.
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS
- I.M. Ghauri, Karrar Haider. J. Phys.D. Appl. Phys.39 (2006) 2829 -2831.
- I.M. Ghauri, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Modern Physics B. 2131 (2007) 5247-5255.
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider AJST, Vol 4, (29-31), November 2011 Journalajst.com
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Applied Science & Technology Vol. 2, No. 1 (292-97) January ‘2012. On live at ijastnet.com
- Hamza Zafar, Karrar Haider, International Journal of Applied Science & Technology Vol. 2, No.2 (110-113) February’ 2012. On live at ijastnet.com
- Karrar Haider, Khadim Hussain. 2nd International Conf on Frontiers of Adv Engg Materials (FAEM-06), 04- Dec’08, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Adnan Latif. PIP Intl Conf 2009, February 23-26’ 2009, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Hamza Zafar October 10-12,2011 AIOU Islamabad.
- – Karrar Haider, Asma Haleem. (FAEM 06) 04-06 December 2008, Lahore.
- Karrar Haider, Hamza Zafar 1st National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- B Warraich, Karrar Haider, 1st National Conference on Physics & Emerging Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- Benyamin Masih, Karrar Haider, 1st Intl Conference on Physics & Engg Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
- Muhammad Munir Akhtar, Karrar Haider, 1st Intl Conference on Physics & Engg Sciences, AIOU, Islamabad April 6-7’2013.
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab