Dr. Muhammad Naveed
Assistant Professor Biotechnology
Dr. Muhammad Naveed obtained PhD degree in Biotechnology (Genomics & Bioinformatics) from Quaid-e-Azam University (QAU) Islamabad, Pakistan with distinction. He has also won PhD indigenous and IRSIP scholarships from HEC, Pakistan. He has done Pre-Doc research from University of Ghent, Belgium and LGC Genomics, Germany in Molecular Biotechnology. HEC awarded him best PhD Scholar (IRSIP) of the year 2013 and QAU honored him as “Distinguished Alumni” on its Golden Jubilee celebrations 2017. He is doing research work in field of Bioinformatics, Genomics and Molecular Biology. He has supervised 05 MSc., 20 MPhil. & 01 PhDs. He has published 44 research articles, 01 book and presented numerous papers in conferences. He has won Research productivity award 2016 and best teacher award 2017. Currently he is working on three research projects entitled as “Structural and functional characterization of hypothetical proteins and antibiotics resistance genes”, “Computational analysis and genotyping of human diseases of Pakistani population for drug design” and “Development of new Databases”.
- Molecular Biology
- Genomics, Transcriptomics and Proteomics
- Amino acid and Protein
Genomics & Bioinformatics
QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY ISLAMABAD
GHENT UNIVERSITY, BELGIUM
Cell & Molecular Biology
QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY ISLAMABAD
UNIVERSITY OF ARID AGRICULTURE RAWALPINDI PUNJAB
Botany, Zoology, Chemistry
PUNJAB UNIVERSITY PAKISTAN
GOVT. COLLEGE GUJRANWALA PAKISTAN
FEDERAL BOARD ISLAMABAD PAKISTAN
Demonstrator & Research associate (Two years)
Quaid-I-Azam University, Islamabad .
Internee (BPS-17) in International Liaison Wing (One-year)
Ministry of Science and Technology, Islamabad.
Quality Control Manger (Three years)
Pepsi cola, Islamabad.
Subject specialist Teacher (One-year)
Arqam House Chanan, Kharian, Gujrat.
Lecturer (Two year’s)
Al-Ahmed School and College Shamsabad, Rawalpindi.
I am supervising a number of students for their MPhil, M.Sc and Undergraduate Research write-ups in different institutes and they are co-authors on my publications.
Hand on training workshop on Basic tools in Bioinformatics-2017
GC University, Lahore
Trends and Prospects in Molecular Biosciences-2017
University of Punjab, Lahore
“TWO days’ SYMPOSIUM on BIOSAFETY AND BIOSECURITY”-2017
UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT
First National Conference on Emerging Trends in Bioinformatics and Biosciences-2017
Chair session & Key note speaker
Hazara University Mansehra
Hepatitis awareness seminar in sialkot-2016
Focal person and talk on molecular aspects of HCV
UNIVERSITY OF GUJRAT, SIALKOT CAMPUS
International Workshop on Patent Writing-2016
Patents and Paper writing
UNIVERSITY OF PESHAWER AT MURREE
13th Biennial Conference of Pakistan Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology-2016
Recent Advances & Challenges in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry and Biotechnology”
Establishing and leading a research group”-2016
“PSF workshop on establishing and leading a research group”
COMSATS INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY, LAHORE
Biochemistry, biotechnology and biomaterials-2016
International conference of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biomaterials
UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, FAISLABAD
Symposium on transgenic approaches
UNIVERSITY OF GHENT, BELGIUM
Hidden potential of microbe in biotechnology
DAAD, GERMANY & QUAID-E-AZAM UNIVERSITY, ISLAMABAD
Plant genetic engineering-2011
Application of genetic engineering in plants
Tools and applications of Bioinformatics
- Have won 1st Position (Gold medal) in poster presentation competition in 1st National conference on emerging trends in Bioinformatics, HU Mansehra, 20-22 July, 2017
- Listed among top 10 young Scientist in field of Bioinformatics in Pakistan in 1st National conference on emerging trends in Bioinformatics, HU Mansehra, 20-22 July, 2017.
- Awarded and honored as “Distinguished Alumni” from Quaid-e-Azam University on its Golden Jubilee celebrations 2017
- Won Research productivity award 2016
- Won Best teacher award of the year 2016 (Biochemistry & Biotechnology)
- Got Vice-chancellor award (3rd position) in MSc Biochemistry from PMAS arid Agriculture University, Islamabad.
- HEC IRSIP best PhD Scholar of the year 2013.
- Got A grade in MPhil as well in PhD degrees.
- Won HEC indigenous scholarship for PhD study.
- Won HEC IRSIP scholarship for Belgium & Germany for PhD research work.
- International researcher of the year (2013) of Ghent University, Belgium.
- Got maximum of 84 Marks in GAT subjective of 2011.
- Best Poster presentation award in International conference of Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Biomaterials, UAF, 2016.
+92-42-35880007 Ext: 451
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab