Dr. Saqib accomplished his PhD in Biochemistry (Turkey), M.Phil. in Molecular Biology (CEMB, PU) and B.Sc. (Hons.) in Agriculture (UAF). He worked as Associate Professor in UOL and Assistant Professor in PU. He has almost 14 Year of Research and Teaching Experience. He has won Cultural Exchange Scholarship, DAAD and TUBITAK Award. He is member of ISFG, WAS, AAFS, Fellow ZSP, Alkhawarzimi Science Foundation and NAYS. He has published 49 articles and having IF 90. He has completed Projects got from Higher Education Commission (HEC) and Pakistan Medical and Research Center (PMRC). He has won a Research Grant from Pakistan Science Foundation (PSF) on a Project worth Rs. 2.14M entitled” Optimization, Validation and Multiplexing of 11CHRX MiniSTRs in Pakistani Population”. He has attended many National and International Conferences. His research interests include Forensics, Population Diversity and Toxicology. He is member of NCRC of HEC in Criminology and Genetics.
- Forensic Toxicology
- Fire arms and tool marks analysis
- Witness and Testimony in courts
- Forensic Genetics
- Ecology and Biodeiversity
- PhD (Forensic Sciences) 2009. Institute of Legal Medicine, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Turkey.
- M. Phil (Molecular Biology) 2002 National Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
- MCS. 2000 (Computer Sciences) Institute of Business Management and Information Technology, Faisalabad Pakistan
- B.Sc (Hons.) (Genetics) 2000 University of Agriculture,
- F.Sc. 1996 (Biology) Government Degree College Muzaffar Garh,
- 15 Sep 2015 Present, Associate Professor, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
- 04 June 2014 to 15 Oct 2015 , Head of Department &Associate Professor (Forensics), The University of Lahore, Pakistan.
- 09-2012 to 03 June 2014, Head of Department &Assistant Professor (Forensic Sciences), The University of Lahore,
- 07-2010 to 08-2012 Assistant Professor (Molecular Biology), Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore Pakistan.
- 06-2009 to 06-2010 Technical Manager (Forensic DNA), GenoMed, Applied Biosystems. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 03-2005 to 09-2006 Application Specialist, GenoMed, Applied Biosystems. Istanbul, Turkey.
- 01-2003 to 12-2004, Research Associate, National Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
Honors and Awards
- 2012-13. Performance Certificate from the University of Lahore
- (2013) Paper Setter and External Examiner, University of Health Sciences Pakistan
- (2013) Chief Organizer, Bioinformatics Workshop held at University of Lahore Pakistan
- (2013) External Examiner, University of veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore Pakistan
- (2011) Y-STR Haplotyping Quality Assurance Exercise by CHARITE, Germany
- (2011) Lecture in One Day National Workshop at King Edward Medical University Lahore
- (2010) Approved Higher Education Commission of Pakistan Supervisor
- (2009) Letter of Appreciation from Ministry of Internal Affairs, Azerbaijan
- (2009) Certificate Training for Iraqi Forensic Personnel at Istanbul
- (June 2 – 18, 2009) Training Certificate from Applied Biosystems
- (2009) Letter of Excellent PhD scholar, Istanbul University, Turkey
- (2007-2009) Scholarship from Turkish Council for Scientific and Technological Research
- (2006-07) Istanbul Metropolitan Scholarship for Doctoral studies
- (2006-2009)Scholarship offered by a Local NGO in Istanbul
- (2004) Cultural Exchange Scholarship by Ministry of Education, Pakistan
- DAAD Scholarship in 2005 (Didn’t avail)
- (2004) Fellowship in National Center of excellence in Molecular Biology (CEMB)
- (2000) Position in Plant Breeding and Genetics Department, University of Agriculture
- 2015. Fellow Zoological Society of Pakistan
- 2014. Member Academic Council, The University of Lahore,
- 2014. Khawrzimi Science Society of Pakistan
- 2011. Membership ID 2409International Society of Forensic Genetics (ISFG)
- April 5, 2011. The Science Advisory Board 2111 Wilson Boulevard Suite 250 Arlington, VA 22201 United States
- 2011 Pakistan Society of Plant Breeders & Geneticists, University of Agriculture Faisalabad
- 2010 National Academy of Young Scientists (NAYS),
- 2009 Islamic Countries Organization of Forensic Medicine (ICOFM
- 2013-presentJournal of Biosciences and Medicine, USA
- 2010-PresentMaxwell Science, Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences
- 2012-Present Molecular Biology Reports
- 2011-Present Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan
- 2009-Present Journal of Clinical Pathology and Forensic Medicine, USA
- 2016 A Research Project assigned by Pakistan Medical research Council entitled “Type and frequency of mutations in katG and rpoB genes in multi drug resistant strains of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex” worth Rs. 196169.00 was completed as a Co-Principal Investigator and submitted.
- 2016 Organized a symposium on “New Trends in Life Sciences” at University of Central Punjab, Lahore on May 14, 2016.
- 2016 Attended a meeting in Higher Education Commission of Pakistan as a member National Curriculum Revision Committee (NCRC) for Criminology from May 2-4, 2016.
- 2016 Participated in Inter University Competition for Model and Poster presentation at Superior University, Lahore and obtained 2nd Position on April 28, 2016.
- 2016 Guest Speaker at LUMS to deliver a Lecture on “New Avenues in Forensic Sciences from Recognition & Identification to Individualization” on March 22, 2016
- 2015 Attended as Speaker 36th International Congress of Zoology held in University of Sindh, Jamshoro from February 16-18, 2016
- 2015 Attended as Speaker in 3-day international symposium on “Advances in Molecular Biology of plants and Health Sciences” from December 29-31, 2015 Organized by Center of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, Lahore
- 2014 Organized one day National conference on “Integrated Role of Forensic Sciences in Criminal justice System” in Collaboration with HEC dated on September 25, 2014 at The University of Lahore
- 2014 Attended a 3-day international conference on “Health Professions Education: the change imperative” organized by University College of Medicine and Dentistry (UCMD) in collaboration with Institute for Advancement of Dental Sciences & Research (IADSR) The University of Lahore (UOL).
- 2014 Attended a 1 day National Conference on Scope and Future of Forensic Sciences in Pakistan held at UVAS Lahore
- 2014 Attended a 5 days lecture series and Workshop on Crime Scene Investigation and Forensic Toxicology at University of Health Sciences Lahore
- 2013 Delivered lectures on Crime Scene and Human Identification at Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Khyber Medical University, Peshawar Pakistan.
- 2013 Organized a 2 days workshop “Use of Bioinformatics in structural visualization, Molecular docking and Phylogenetic Analysis” at The University of Lahore
- 2012 Attended One Day Symposium on “DNA Barcoding: A Promising tool for species identification and Biodiversity Digitization” at NIBGE Faisalabad.
- 2012 Attended 2nd One Day Workshop on “Young Researcher’s Skill Development and NAYS Emerging Ideas Conference” at University of the Punjab, Lahore
- 2011 Attended and Delivered a Lecture on “Introduction to Forensic Sciences” in Workshop by Department of Pathology, Univ. of Veterinary and Animal Sciences on “National Necropsy Workshop: interpretations & investigations for field disease outbreaks and vetero-legal implications“
- 2011 Attended Training on “Use of ABI310 Genetic Analyzer, DNA Sequencing and the use of Sequencing softwares like SeqScape, Sequencing Analysis and Y Micro Deletion Kit” organized by GenoMed, Istanbul.
- 2011 Attended a workshop on “Research Methodologies using Statistical Techniques in Biological Sciences” organized by Department of Statistics and Computer Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences Business Management, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Lahore, in collaboration with Higher Education Commission.
- 2010 Article entitled “The Ongoing Evolution and Intensification of Forensic DNA Typing” Published in National Academy of Youth Scientists Pakistan e-newsletter.
- 2009 Oral Presentation, “Crime Scene Investigations Conference” Tehran, Iran.
- 2009 Attended Training on “Use of ABI310 Genetic Analyzer, GeneMapper and IDX” organized by GenoMed, Istanbul.
- 2008 Oral Presentation in “1st International Eurasian Congress of Forensic Sciences on Fight against Terrorism, Interactive Relationship Among Forensic Disciplines” Istanbul, Turkey
- 2007 Attended a Scientific Conference on ‘Bioterrorism’ in Military Academy, Ankara Turkey
- 2006 Attend the 12th Scientific Meeting of the “International Association for Craniofacial Identification: New Challenges, New Solutions’’ University of Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2003 Attend 7th International Conference on “New Trends in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology” Organized by Pakistan Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
- 2003 Oral Presentation in 23rd Pakistan “International Congress of Zoology” in University of Arid Agriculture Rawalpindi, Organized by The Zoological Society of Pakistan.
- 2014, Executive member of Anti-Corruption and Anti-Narcotics Association of Pakistan
- 2012 Certificate of Participation in “Capacity Building Workshop on Role of District Bar Associations in protecting rights and entitlements of flood affected citizens” organized by UNDP Pakistan and DTCE at Hotel One Lahore.
- 2007 Contributed in World Human Rights Report for Asian Countries by an International NGO.
- 2007 Six week course on Human Rights in Mazlumder, Istanbul Branch, Turkey.
- 2002-2004 Chairman Planning Committee, Meherban Educational Movement (NGO working for the rehabilitation and free education of special and poor children).
- 2002-2004 Executive Member, Meherban Citizen Community Board. (NCCB).
- 2003 Vice Chairman of Hostel Sports Committee, University of the Punjab.
- 2000 One Week Civil Defense Course in University of Agriculture FaisalAbad
- 1993-4 National Cadet Corpse training at Govt. College Muzaffar Garh.
Articles in Peer Review Journals:
- Shahzad, M. S., Cengiz, S., Arif, A., Wattoo, J. I., Karayel, M., Mercan, S., & Cengiz, M. (2016) Forensic Soil Analysis of Gardens from Pakistan and Turkey for Genetic Analysis and Elemental Composition using ICP-MS. Forensic Research and criminology International Journal. (Accepted)
- Wattoo, J. I., Saleem, M. Z., Shahzad, M. S., Arif, A., Hameed, A., & Saleem, M. A. (2016). DNA Barcoding: Amplification and sequence analysis of rbcl and matK genome regions in three divergent plant species. Adv. Life Sci. 4(1): 03-07.
- Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Javed Iqbal Bajwa, Javed Iqbal Wattoo, Mushtaq A Saleem. Association patterns of volatile metabolites in urinary excretions among Type-2 Non-Insulin dependent diabetes patients (2016). Adv. life sci., vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 71-74.
- Shafique M, Shahzad MS, Rahman Z, Shan MA, Perveen R, Shahzad M, Hussain M, Shahid AA, Husnain T (2016). Development of new PCR multiplex system by the simultaneous detection of 10 miniSTRs, SE33, Penta E, Penta D, and four Y-STRs. Int J Legal Med. PMID: 27166705 DOI: 10.1007/s00414-016-1372-x
- Muhamamd S Shahzad, Muhammad Shafique, Manzoor Hussain, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Rukhsana Perveen, Ziaurehman, Muhammad Idrees (2016). Successful DNA Profiling for Identification of burnt Families from their bones using AmpFℓSTR Identifiler® Plus Kit. Adv. life sci., vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 59-62.
- Muhammad Israr, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Allah Rakha, Mian Sahib Zar, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Ziaur Rahman, Tayyab Husnain (2016) Baluchi and Pakhtun Population Data of 9 X-chromosomal Short Tandem Repeat Loci. J Forensic Leg Med. 2016 Jan;37:45-9
- Muhammad Shafique, Manzoor Hussain, Muhamamd Adnan Shan, Muhammad S. Shahzad, Safdar Hussain, Nazim Hussain, Farhana Ehsan, Rukhsana Perveen, Muhammad Iqbal (2015). Genetic diversity of 15 autosomal STR loci in the population of Southern Punjab Pakistan. Forensic Science International: Genetics, Volume 19, Pages e1–e2
- Kalsoom S, Wasim M, Afzal S, Shahzad MS, Ramzan S, Awan AR, Anjum AA, Ramzan K. (2015). Alterations in the RB1 gene in Pakistani patients with retinoblastoma using direct sequencing analysis. Mol Vis.2015 Sep 17; 21:1085-92.
- Muhammad Adnan Shan, Fazeelat Tahira, Muhammad Shafique, Manzoor Hussain, Rukhsana Perveen, Muhammad Shahzad, Farhana Ehsan, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Ziaur Rahman, Qurban Ali, Muhammad Iqbal (2015). Estimation of Different Biochemical Intensities in Drinking Water from Eastern Region of Lahore City. Adv. life sci., vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 131-134
- Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Azam Ali, Ziaur Rahman, Manzoor Hussain & Tayyab Husnain (2015) Allele Frequency Distribution of ten MiniSTR loci in the Pashtun Population Pakistan. International Journal of Legal Medicine Vol. 129 Issue 3 pp 467-468. DOI 10.1007/s00414-015-1179-1
- Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Azam Ali, Ziaur Rahman & Tayyab Husnain (2015) Genetic polymorphism of ten MiniSTR loci in the population of Punjab Pakistan for forensic application. International Journal of Legal Medicine Volume 129, Issue 5, pp 937-942
- Mian Sahib Zara, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Kyoung-Jin Shin, Hwan Young Lee, Muhammad Israr & Tayyab Husnain (2014): Comparative study of STR loci for typing old skeletal remains with modified protocols of AmpFlSTR Identifiler and AmpFlSTR MiniFiler STR Kits. Australian Journal of Forensic Sciences DOI:10.1080/00450618.2014.925976.
- Daud S, Shahzad S, Shafique M, Bhinder MA, ,Niaz M1, Naeem A, Azam M, Rehman Z, Husnain T. (2014). Optimization and Validation of PCR protocol for three Hypervariable Regions (HVI, HVII and HVIII) in Human Mitochondrial DNA. Adv. life sci., 1(3) pp. 165-170.
- Muhammad Israr, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Ziaur Rahman, Mian Sahib Zar, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Tayyab Husnain, Celine Pfeifer, Peter Wiegand (2014). Development and characterization of a new 12-plex ChrX miniSTR system. Int J Legal Med. DOI 10.1007/s00414-014-1009-x
- Rukhsana Perveen, Ziaur Rahman, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Muhammad Israr, Muhammad Shafique, Muhammad Adnan Shan, Mian Sahib Zar, Muhammad Iqbal and Tayyab Husnain (2014), Y-STR haplotype diversity in Punjabi population of Pakistan. Forensic Science International: Genetics. doi:10.1016/j.fsigen.2013.12.004.
- Zar MS, Shahid AA, Shahzad MS, Shin KJ, Lee HY.(2013). Forensic DNA Typing of Old Skeletal Remains Using AmpFlSTR® Identifiler® PCR Amplification Kit. J Forensic Res 5: 211. doi:10.4172/2157-7145.1000211
- Mian Sahib Zar, Ahmad Ali Shahid and Muhammad Saqib Shahzad (2013). An Overview of Crimes, Terrorism and DNA Forensics in Pakistan. Journal of Forensic Research: Volume 4 Issue 4 pp201-202.
- Nasibov, Ozlem Bulbul, Gunduz Jabrayili, Tolga Zorlu, M.S. Shahzad, Salih Cengiz, Gonul Filoglu, Havva Altuncul, G. Sadixov (2013). Allele frequencies of 15 STR in Azerbaijan Population. Forensic Science International: Genetics 7(2013) e99-e100.
- Ozlem Bulbul , Doruk A,rgac, S. Shahzad, Gonul Filoglu, Havva Altuncul (2013) Determination of Autosomal SNP Loci for the Identification and Paternity Tests. TurkishClinics: Journal of Forensic Medicine 10 (1)7-13.
- Ilyas M., Shahzad M.S., Israr M., Jafri S.S., Shafeeq M., Zar M. S., Ali A., Rahman Z. and Husnain T (2013). Y- Chromosomal Haplotype Profiling in Yousafzai’s living in Swat Valley Pakistan. Presentations from the 22nd Congress of the IALM (july 5-8, 2012, Istanbul, Turkey) ©Medimond P705C0951 pp 357-363
- Muhammad Israr, Ahmad Ali Shahid, Ziaur Rahman, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Obaid Ullah and Tayyab Hasnain (2012). Punjabi Population data for seven X- Chromosome Short Tandem Repeat (X-STR) loci using a new miniplex System. Accepted in African Journal of Biotechnology. ISSN 1684-5315.
- Niaz M. Achakzai, Z. Rahman, S. Shahzad, S. Daud, M. Sahibzar, M. Israr, T. Husnain, Sascha Willuweit, Lutz Roewer (2012). Y -Chromosomal STR analysis in Pashtun Population of Southern Afghanistan. Forensic Science Internationl: Genetics Vol.6 pp 103-105.
- Nasibov, M.S. Shahzad, M. Cengiz, O. Bulbul, G. Filoglu, H. Altuncul, G. Sadixov (2011). Allele frequencies of 15 STR loci using AmpF/STR Identifiler kit in Azerbaijan Population. J Clin Pathol & Forensic Medicine Volume 2(4) 25-32
- Shahzad, M.S, Ozlem Bulbul, Gulten Reyimoglu, , Gonul Filoglu, Mujgan Cengiz (2009). Effect of Blood Stained Soils and Time Period on DNA and Allele drop out using Promega 16 Powerplex® Kit. Forensic Science International, Genetics. Vol 2, pp161-162.
- Ozlem Bulbul, Doruk Argac., Shahzad, M S, Gonul Filoglu, Havva Altuncul (2009). Internal validation of 29 autosomal SNP-multiplex with ABI 310 Genetic Analyzer. Forensic Science International, Genetics. Vol 2, pp129-130.
- Doruk Argac., Ozlem Bulbul, Shahzad, M S, Havva Altuncul, Gonul Filoglu (2009). Optimization and Validation of 10 Mitochondrial DNA SNPs using SNaPshot Kit. Forensic Science International, Genetics. Vol 2, pp99-101.
- Gulden Onur, Ozlem Bulbul, Doruk Argac., Shahzad, M S, Erdal Polat (2009). STR and SNP Analysis of human DNA from Lucilia sericata larvae’s gut contents. Forensic Science International, Genetics. Vol 2, pp178-179.
- Eran Acar, Ozlem Bulbul, Shahzad, M S, Doruk Argac, Gonul Filoglu, Havva Altuncul (2009). Optimization and Validation Studies of The Mentype® Argus X-8 kit for Forensic Cases. Forensic Science International, Genetics. Vol 2, pp47-48.
- Shahzad, M. S., Bokhari, S. Y., Rahman R., Bulbul O and Zia R. Development of STR Multiplex for Six Markers and Genetic Analysis of Pakistani Population. Journal of Islamic Countries for Forensic Medicine, 5 (2009) 46-54
- Faraz Malik, Mahmood A. Kayani, M.Ansar, Obaidullah, Muhammad Sahafeeq, Shahid Chohan, Yassir Abbas, Saqib Shahzad, Faizan Riaz, Rahat Rehman, Zia ur Rahman and Zahoor Ahmad. Development of 19-Plex Y-STR System and Polymorphism Studies in Pakistani Population. ACAD J XJTU, China 2008 20 (4): 267-273
- Abdul Qayyum Rao, Syed Sarfraz Hussain, Saqib Shahzad, S. Yassir Abbas Bokhari, M. Hashim Raza, Allah Rakha, MAjeed A., Shahid A. Ali, Zafar Saleem, Tayyab Husnain and S. Riazuddin. Somatic Embryogenesis in Wild Relatives of Cotton (Gossypium Spp.). J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2006 April; 7(4): 291–298.
- Beenish Bashir, Saqib Shahzad, S. Yassir Abbas Bokhari, M. Hashim Raza, Nadeem Ahmad, Zahoor Ahmad and S. Riazuddin (2005). Mutation Analysis of Insulin Gene in Patients witHType 1 Diabetes Mellitus (IDDM). Proceedings of the 23rd Zoological Congress of Pakistan.
- Yassir Abbas, Saqib Shahzad, Abdul Qayyum Rao, M. Hashim Raza, F. Arshad, M. Shafique, Ziaur Rahman, A. Ali Shahid, Zahoor Ahmed, and S. Riazuddin. (2005). Development of STR Multiplex System (D5S818, D7S820 And D18S51) for Forensic Casework. Pak. J. Zoology. (Proceedings of 23 rd Pakistan Cogress of Zoology), Vol. 23: 167-174.
- Saqib Shahzad, S. Yassir Abbas, Abdul Qayyum Rao, M. Hashim Raza, ObaidUllah, Ziaur Rahman , A. Ali Shahid, Zahoor Ahmed, and S. Riazuddin (2004). Population Studies of STR Markers Loci D3S1358, D5S818, D7S820, D18S51 and FGA (FIBRA) in Sindhi and NWFP Populations of Pakistan for Forensic Use. ARCH. MED. SAD. KRYM. Vol. LIV: 215-222
- Azhar Saeed, Sibtain Afzal, Muhammad Wajid Hussain, Syed Yassir Abbas Bokhari, Muhammad Saqib Shahzad, Abdul Qayyum and M. Hashim Raza (2003). Effect of Aflatoxin B1 on Different Body Tissues of Gallus domesticus. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances 2 (2): 76-78, 2003.
Presentations and Abstract Published
- Shahzad, M S., Ozlem Bulbul, Gulten Reyimoglu, Mujgan Cengiz, Salih Cengiz . Comparison of Blood stained soils and differentiation of elemental composition by ICP-MS. Oral Presentation in International Conference on Crime Scene investigation in Iran from 22-25 June, 2009.
- Shahzad, M S., Mujgan Cengiz, Salih Cengiz. Yield Analysis of DNA from Blood Stained Soils and influence of Time Period on Degradation of DNA for Genetic Analysis. Oral Presentation in International Conference on Forensic Sciences in Glasgow from 8-11 September, 2009.
Abstract Published Conference Proceedings
- Nusratullah Khan, S. Yassir Abbas Bokhari, Saqib Shahzad, M. Hashim Raza, Malik Zafar and Abdul Qayyum (2003). Evaluation of Concentration of Cardiac Enzymes, Lipids and their Relationship with Myocardial infarction. Published in Proceeding of 7th International Conference on Trends In Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, from April 2-5 2003 pp. 50.
- Muhammad Hashim, S. Yassir Abbas Bokhari, Saqib Shahzad, Abdul Qayyum, M. Idrees and S. Riazuddin (2003). Detection of GB Virus C/Hepatitis G Virus RNA in Patients with HCV and HBV, Using Nested PCR. Published in Proceeding of 7th International Conference on Trends In Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, from April 2-5 2003 pp. 70.
- Abdul Qayyum Rao, Tayyab Husnain, Syed Sarfraz Hussain, S. Yassir Abbas Bokhari, M. Hashim Raza, Saqib Shahzad and S. Riazuddin (2003). Transformation of Cotton with Phytochrome-B Gene. Published in Proceeding of 7th International Conference on Trends In Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, from April 2-5 2003 pp. 109.
- Genetic Ancestry of Yousafzai’s living in Swat Valley Pakistan: Y-chromosomal microsatellites (Y-STRs) are widely used to infer population histories, identify males for criminal justice purposes. CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 1 edition (2012). ISBN-10: 1494496151. ISBN-13: 978-1494496159.
- Forensic Analysis of Blood Stained Soils: A Focus on DNA Profiling, Allele Dropout by CE and Comparison of Elemental composition of Blood stained Soil by ICP-MS. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (2011). ISBN-10: 3846553808. ISBN-13: 978-3846553800.
Online Forensic Science Courses and Certificates
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ, USA) Training Certificate of Completion Online Course on Population Genetics and Statistics for Forensic Analysts (October 01, 2013)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ, USA) Training Certificate of Completion Online Course on Collecting DNA Evidence on Property Crime Scene (May 29, 2012)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ, USA) Training Certificate of Completion Online Course on
- DNA extraction and Quantitation for Forensic Analysts (May 8, 2012)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ, USA) Training Certificate of Completion Online Course on
- Crime Scene and DNA Basics for Forensic Analysts (April 25, 2012)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ, USA) Training Certificate of Completion Online Course on
- STR Data Analysis and Interpretation for Forensic Analysts (April 16, 2012)
PhD Thesis Supervised:
- Development of STR CODIS Marker Kit on commercial level to be used in Forensic DNA Analysis (Muhammad Shafique). CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
- Human identifications from degraded bone samples using of 3 different approaches (STR, MiniSTR and SNP Analysis). (Mian Sahib Zar) CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
- Punjbi Population data of 7 X STRs loci Using a new Mutiplex System. (Muhammad Israr). CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore Pakistan.
- Association of HPV viruses (16,18) with Squamous cell carcinoma of head and neck region in Punjabi Population of Pakistan. (Ali Saad). The University of Lahore.
- Association of HPV viruses (16,18) with Cervical carcinoma in Punjabi Population of Pakistan. (Dr. Shahzad Ali). The University of Lahore.
Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) Thesis Supervised
- Potential Role Of Osteocalcin and Osteoprotegrin in Determining the Connection Between Rheumatoid Arthritis And Periodontitis. (Dr. Maryam Riaz). The University of Lahore.
- Molecular characterization of Non-respondent peginterferon HCV genotypes. (Shahnam Shafique). The University of Lahore.
- Y- Chromosomal Short Tandem Repeat Haplotypes in Punjabi Population of Pakistan. (Rukhsana Parveen 2012). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
- Y- Chromosomal Short Tandem Repeat Haplotypes in Yousafzai’s living in Swat Valley of Pakistan. (Muhammad Ilyas 2012). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
- Optimization and Validation of Hypervariable Regions (I, II and III) and sequencing of Pakistani Population for Forensic Casework. (Muhammad Azam 2012). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
- Forensic Analysis of Y-Chromosome Microsatellites in Southern Afghanistan Pashtoon Population (Niaz Muhammad 2011). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
- Optimization and Validation of Mitochondrial SNPs in Pakistani Population for Forensic Casework (Shakeela Daud 2011). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
- Phylogenetic Conservation and Genetic Variability of Hepatitis C Virus Core Protein (Syyada Samra Jafri 2011). Research conducted at CEMB, University of the Punjab Lahore.
MSc Thesis Supervised
- Polymorphism of p53 codon 72 Arg/Pro and the risk of HPV type 16/18 associated oral and cervical carcinoma in Pakistan. (Misbah Ikram/MS Student). The University of Lahore.
- Relationship of tumor suppressor p53 with ovarian carcinomas. (Anum Shahzadi). Research Conducted at IMBB, The University of Lahore.
Bachelor level Students Supervised (Research Review)
- Optimization and Validation of 30 HPV samples from infected women in Lahore. (Ifrah Athar/BS Student). Research Conducted at IMBB, The University of Lahore.
- Optimization and Validation of 30 HPV samples from infected women in Lahore. (Mariam Riaz/BS Student). Research Conducted at IMBB, The University of Lahore.
- Optimization and Validation of 30 HPV samples from infected women in Lahore. (Fatma Shah/BS Student). Research Conducted at IMBB, The University of Lahore.
042-35880007 Ext: 329
University of central Punjab Faculty of Life Sciences