Dr. Muhammad Nadeem Dogar has a PhD degree in Organization Development and Change and a Master Degree in Human Resource Management from the University of Melbourne, Australia. He was awarded Australian Development Scholarship twice to do his PhD and Master degrees from Australia. He is a qualitative researcher and works in areas of Organization Development and Change; Human Resource Management; Leadership; Discourse analysis and Strategy. Dr. Nadeem Dogar is a LUMS-McGill fellow and a Certified Master Trainer and Business Case Writer by the Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore-Pakistan. He has more than 17 years of work experience with public and private institutions. He is member of the Academy of Management (USA) and International Centre for Research in Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change (Australia). email@example.com
- Leading Innovation and Change
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Organization Development: Strategy and Change
- Advanced Research Methods (PhD Team Teaching).
- PhD in Organization Development and Change (2009 – 2013) from the University of Melbourne, Australia. I did a discursive analysis of the local government reform – Devolution Plan in Pakistan – to examine how a particular version of the change was legitimized and justified through the communicative interactions – texts and talk – of organizational members in Pakistan.
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Learning and Leadership (2011-12) from the Melbourne School of Graduate Research, the University of Melbourne, Australia
- Master of Human Resources Management from the University of Melbourne, Australia (2006) – Grade H2A (77.17%)
- Master of Business Administration (Marketing) from the Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan (1997) – GPA 3.26 (69.4%)
- Bachelor of Arts with Statistics and Economics from the Government College University, Lahore 1995)
- Secured 3rd position in CIIT-CIMA Business Case Study Awards – ImpACT 2015
- Awarded Scholarship – 2011-12 to participate in Graduate Certificate Program in Advanced Learning and Leadership (GCALL) at the Melbourne School of Graduate Research, the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Awarded Australian Development Scholarship twice to study Master in Human Resources Management (2005-2006) and to do a PhD (2009 – 2013) at the University of Melbourne, Australia.
- Stood 2nd in the order of merit in the Bahaudin Zakariya University Multan, Pakistan in Master of Business Administration session 1995-1997.
- Awarded scholarship in 2001 as a LUMS-McGill Fellow (Lahore University of Management Sciences-McGill University of Canada) for the Social Enterprise Development Centre (SEDC) in Pakistan.
RESEARCH BASED CASE STUDIES AND ARTICLES
- Dogar, M.N. (2008). APPNA SEHAT: Change Management A. Managing NGOs in Developing Countries: Health and Environment. Sipra Karachi – Pakistan. Oxford University Press, 1st ed., Volume V, pages (85-92)
- Dogar, M.N. (2008). APPNA SEHAT: Change Management B. Managing NGOs in Developing Countries: Health and Environment. Sipra Karachi – Pakistan. Oxford University Press, 1st ed., Volume V, pages (93-98)
- Dogar, M.N. (2007). Conflict at PRSP Community Based School: An issue of investigational and procedural justice with reference to sexual harassment in community based school. LUMS-McGill Social Enterprise Development Centre. Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore. Case No: 05-736-2007-1
- Dogar, M.N. & F. Bari (2005). The Punjab Rural Support Program (PRSP): Community Girls Primary School. Managing NGOs in Developing Countries: Management Cases from Pakistan. A. Khan and A.N. butt. Karachi – Pakistan. Oxford University Press, 1st ed., Volume II, pages (197-205)
- Accepted for publication (2017) by Emerald Emerging Markets Case Studies – a case study titled “Business Case for Diversification: Adult Basic Education Society (ABES), Pakistan” (a NGO working for the promotion of literacy and education in Pakistan, two times UNESCO award winner).
- Developed the following two case studies namely: 1) a case study on “Leadership and Change Management Conflict” at ANMOL (a NGO working for economic and social uplift of poor communities in Balochistan, Pakistan) (at press); and 2) a case study about making a business case for strategic monitoring and evaluation systems Brooke Animals-Pakistan (it’s a subsidiary of Brooke U.K.) (at press)
- Wrote two research based articles on gender titled “Small Wins versus Revolution Approach to Shatter Glass Ceiling at Workplace in Pakistan” and “Assimilation, Differentiation and Integration paradigms for women workforce Diversity in Pakistan and its implications for organizations” for NGO Pulse (at press)
PAPERS PRESENTED IN CONFERENCES AND COLLOQUIM
- Presented a multidisciplinary team research paper in 2012 on “Better Understanding Causes of Disadvantage and Impacts on University Accessibility” at the University of Melbourne, Australia
- Presented a research paper on “Local Government Reform in Pakistan: A Discursive Analysis” at the Department of Management and Marketing Doctoral Colloquium (2011) at the University of Melbourne, Australia
- Presented a research paper titled “Organizational Identification and Organizational Change: A Case Study of Summit Bank of Pakistan” at the 3rd International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Management (February 2016) organized by the University of Central Punjab, Lahore
- My co-author (Rubab Khalid) presented a research paper titled “Mobile Phone Use in Leisure Context” at the 4th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Management (March 2017) jointly organized by the UCP Business School and KEDGE Business School France at the University of Central Punjab, Lahore
RESEARCH WORKSHOPS/TRAININGS AND SHORT COURSES ATTENDED
- Participated in two international research workshops on “Discourse of Strategy as Practice” at the University of Sydney, Australia (November 2012) and “Discourse and Practice” at the University of Melbourne, Australia (July 2009) conducted by the International Centre for Research on Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change (ICRODSC)
- Completed Tutor Training Program (2009) and Teaching Enhancement Program (2010) from Teaching and Learning Unit (TLU), Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) – the University of Melbourne – Australia
- Completed Effective Presentation Skills Training and Academic Writing Skills Training (2006) from the School of Graduate Studies (SGS) – the University of Melbourne – Australia
- Completed Academic Writing workshop conducted by Professor Wendy Noble (2012), Melbourne, Australia and Case Teaching Workshop conducted by Professor James A. Erskine (2010), Melbourne, Australia
- Monitoring and Evaluation Program for Commissioners (2008) conducted by SEDC – LUMS – Pakistan and Monitoring and Evaluation Training Program by Pakistan Centre for Philanthropy, Islamabad – Pakistan
- LUMS-McGill Fellow/Master Trainer for the SEDC. LUMS and McGill University of Canada jointly implemented this course in Pakistan during 2001-2003 aiming to build capacity of the social sector of Pakistan
- Completed Training of Trainers and Creating High Performance Teams conducted by the Institute of Rural Management (IRM), Islamabad – Pakistan
- Participated as a delegate in Human Resource Development Network’s (HRDN) 9th Annual Trainers Retreat (ATR)with theme on Retaining High Performers in Dubai – UAE (April 2007) and participated as Resource Person in HRDN’s 10th ATR with theme on Equitable HR Policies in Cairo – Egypt, (April 2008)
- Attended Trainings on Multi grade teaching techniques, Child Friendly Schools and Monitoring and Evaluation for Community Based Schools Monitors conducted by Teacher Empowerment Centre of Adult Basic Education Society, Islamabad – Pakistan. Attended Workshop Leaders Training for Schools conducted by Teachers’ Resource Centre, Karachi – Pakistan
JOB EXPERIENCE/ CONSULTANCIES
- 01-10-2014 to date: Currently I am working as Assistant Professor, UCP Business School and Director Research at the University of Central Punjab (UCP), Lahore – Pakistan. I am leading the Directorate of Research at the University to promote rigorous, relevant and useful research. I am teaching Organization Development: Strategy and Change, Qualitative Research Methods, and Leading Innovation and Change to MBA, MS-Management and PhD students.
In February 22-23, 2016, as conference secretary, I co-organized the 3rd International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Management with theme “Innovations in Business: Opportunities and Challenges of Emerging Economies” and in March 21-22, 2017, I co-organized the 4th International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Management with theme “Sustainable Business Practices in South Asia”. In January and March 2016, conducted Qualitative Research Designs Training workshops for faculty members of UCP and International Islamic University Islamabad, respectively. In October 2016, I conducted two-day workshop on Qualitative Research Methodology and Data Analysis Using NVIVO 11 at FC College University in collaboration with Institute for Research Promotion, Pakistan.
- 01-08-2006 to date: I have been providing expertise as a Consultant for Organization Development and Change in the areas of institutional development; discourse analysis; governance; leadership development; strategy formulation; and human resource management for local and international organizations based in Pakistan working for the uplift of social sector and economic development of Pakistan. In 2014, I worked with Punjab Skills Development Fund as a Consultant – Skills Needs Assessment. In 2014, I worked as a team member of Human Resource Development Network’s Human Resource Audit Task Force (HATF). Details of Key projects and clients are as follows:
- Social Enterprise Development Centre (SEDC) – LUMS (01-08-2006 to date): As a Consultant Organization Development and Change | Capacity Building developed multiple research based case studies/articles and concept papers for its key strategic projects. I have been an active member of SEDC – LUMS’ thematic group on education since 2006.
- International Labour Organization (ILO) – Pakistan (09-09-2006 to 31-03-2009): Worked as Training Needs Assessment (TNA) Expert and Capacity Building Specialist for Women Employment Concerns and Working Conditions Project in Pakistan. Further, I compiled and edited a research compendium on the status and working conditions of women in Pakistan.
- Canada-Pakistan Basic Education Project (CPBEP) – (17-02-2007 to 30-06-2007): Financial Management Specialist for the capacity building of Education District Offices, Multan and Lodhran (Pakistan); my responsibilities included training needs assessment, development of capacity building strategy and preparation of a financial management manual.
- Punjab Economic Research Institute (PERI) – (February – March 2017): We wrote a brief policy paper on the “Growth Structure of Exports, Remittances and Foreign Direct Investment in Pakistan”.
- 01/01/2009 – 30-06-12: Worked as a teacher/tutor with the Department of Management and Marketing, the University of Melbourne, Australia for Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management at undergraduate level. I also worked at COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Sahiwal – Pakistan – (01-09-2008 to 15-12-2008) and taught at postgraduate level (MBA) in the School of Management Studies as a visiting faculty member in the disciplines of Marketing and Human Resource Management.
- 04-08-1998 to 31-12-2004: Human Resource Manager and Coordinator Education Projects, Punjab Rural Support Programme – PRSP (which is a government funded NGO having a mandate to alleviate poverty through participatory rural development approach). In this position, I developed several training programs and manuals; devised recruitment and selection; training and development and performance management systems; and delivered more than 500 training programs/workshops/conferences. As Coordinator Education Projects, I managed the education portfolio comprised of community based primary schools and adult literacy centers. Devised several public-private partnerships and implemented donor funded interventions in the areas of primary education, adult education, and women development. I devised teachers’ recruitment and selection methods, teachers training and performance management systems and school monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Qualitative Research Methods (MS Level)
- Qualitative Research Approaches (PhD Level)
- Leading Innovation and Change (MBA Level)
- Organization Development: Strategy and Change (MS Level)
- A member of International Centre for Research on Organizational Discourse, Strategy and Change (ICRODSC), Australia.
- Australian Human Resource Institute (AHRI), Melbourne, Australia.
- The Academy of Management, USA.
- Human Resource Development Network (HRDN)Islamabad – Pakistan
0092-4235880007 ext. (220)
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab