“Formulation and characterization of skin rejuvenating multiple emulsions loaded with botanical extracts”
“In-vitro and In-vivo characterization of cream of extract of Camellia sinensis”
Dispensing Pharmacy to 5th semester students; Community Pharmacy to 6th Semester students; Industrial Pharmacy to 7th & 8th Semester students; Advanced Pharmaceutics to M.Phil. Students.
Dispensing Pharmacy to 5th semester students; Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms to 3rd semester students
Pharmaceutical Quality Management 4th year students
- Deputy Director Research, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Head of Department (Pharmaceutics), University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- Registered Pharmacist in Punjab Pharmacy Council, Pakistan
- Deputy Director Research, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- HEC Approved Ph.D. Supervisor, Higher Education Commission of Pakistan Research Associate – ORIC The University of Faisalabad (22.02.2014/29. 08. 2014).
- Member Board of Advance Studies – University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
- Member / Associate member, European Society for Cosmetic and Aesthetic Dermatology (ESCAD)
- Member International Dermoscopy Society (IDS)
- Member British Science Association
- Member the Society of Asian Scientists & Engineers
- Reviewer – Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, Elsevier, ISSN: 0927-7765 Reviewer – Pharmaceutical Biology, Informa, ISSN: 1388-0209 (print), 1744-5116 (electronic)
- Reviewer – Clinical Interventions in Aging, Dove Medical Press Journals ISSN: 11781998
- Reviewer – Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology, Taylor and Francis Online Print ISSN: 1556-9527 Online ISSN: 1556-9535
- Reviewer – Food & Function, Royal Society of Chemistry ISSN 2042-650X.
- Reviewer – Household and Personal Care Today ISSN: 2035-4614 (Print) (EISSN): 2035-4738
- Reviewer – Giornale Italiano di Dermatologia e Venereologia, ISSN: 1827-1820 (electronic)
- Member International Editorial Board – Health Science Journal ISSN: 1108-7366. Greece
- Editorial Advisory Board Member – the Open Natural Products Journal ISSN: 18748481. USA
- Reviewer – Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology, Dove Medical Press Journals ISSN: 1178-7015
- Reviewer – Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. ISSN 2175-9790
- Indigenous Ph.D. Fellowship Award in 2010 from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- Based on PhD research nominated and short listed for The Lush Prize Award 2012 held in UK. The Lush Prize is a major global initiative which focuses on toxicity testing for consumer products in a way which complements the many projects already addressing the use of animals in medical testing. The prize consists of a £250,000 annual fund – the biggest prize in the non-animal testing sector. The prizes are being awarded to the most effective and outstanding projects and individuals who have been working towards the goal of a replacing animal use in product safety testing. In “Young Researcher Award” category, short listed from all over the Asia.
- Nominated and Short Listed for Lush Prize 2013 in “Young Researcher Award” category.
- Formulation and evaluation of emulsifier free oleogels for cosmetic and dermatological applications. Development of Nano emulsions with long term stability.
- Formulation of Solid Lipid Nanoparticles for drug delivery.
- Safety and efficacy evaluation of topical formulations using sophisticated bioengineering probes.
- Pharmacoeconomics and Outcome Research.
- Photo protective and Anti-Aging Medicine.
- Formulation of Fast dissolving Oro dispersible Films (ODFs).
- Formulation of Anti-Bacterial Liquid Soaps.
- Formulation of Permanent Hair Dyes
SELECTED PUBLISHED ARTICLES
- Sabeeh Mohsin, Naveed Akhtar, Tariq Mahmood, Hira Khan, Rehan Mustafa. Formulation and stability of topical water in oil emulsion containing corn silk extract. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2016, 15(6): 1115-1121. (Impact Factor: 0.54)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. Skin Whitening Multiple Emulsions Loaded with Green Tea and Lotus Extracts: an Efficacy Study. Value Health. 2015, 18(7): A416. (Impact Factor: 3.82)
- Hira Khan, Naveed Akhtar, Tariq Mahmood, Adnan Jameel, Sabeeh Mohsin. Preliminary one month stability screening of cosmetic multiple emulsions (W/O/W) prepared using cetyl dimethicone copolyol and Polysorbate 80. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 2015, 37(1): 76-81. (Impact Factor: 1.54)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. The Tyrosinase-inhibitory activity of green tea and lotus subsequently revealed for depigmenting effects in healthy Asian subjects. Giornale Italiano Di Dermatologia E Venereologia. 2014, 149 (6): 730-731. (Impact Factor: 1.01)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Sivakumar Manickam. Interfacial film stabilized W/O/W nano multiple emulsions loaded with green tea and lotus extracts: systematic characterization of physicochemical properties and shelf-storage stability. Journal of Nanobiotechnology. 2014, 12:20. (Impact Factor: 4.23)
- Muhammad Asad, Sajid Bashir, Tariq Mahmood, Imran Nazir, Muhammad Imran, Sabiha Karim, Fakhar ul Hassnain. Fabrication and Characterization of Gliclazide Loaded Microcapsules. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology. 2014, 57(6): 874-881. (Impact Factor: 0.46)
- Rashida Parveen, Naveed Akhtar, Tariq Mahmood. Topical microemulsion containing Punica granatum extract: its control over skin erythema and melanin in healthy Asian subjects. Advances in Dermatology and Allergology. 2014; XXXI, 6: 351-355. (Impact Factor: 1.34)
- Gulfishan, Naveed Akhtar, Tariq Mahmood, Hira Khan, Qazi Adnan Jamil, Muhammad Sohail and Shafia Arshad. Lipoxygenase assay and cutaneous erythema test have discovered a potent antiinflammatory activity shown by some genus Prunus plants. Scientific Research and Essays. 2014, 9(23): 988-992.
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. Combined topical application of lotus and green tea improves facial skin surface parameters. Rejuvenation Research. 2013, 16(2): 91-97. (Impact Factor: 3.66)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. Stability of a cosmetic multiple emulsion loaded with green tea extract. The Scientific World Journal. 2013, Volume 2013, Article ID 153695, 1-7.
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan, Akhtar Rasul, Haji M. Shoaib Khan. Fabrication, physicochemical characterization and preliminary efficacy evaluation of a W/O/W multiple emulsion loaded with 5% green tea extract. Brazilian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2013, 49(2): 341-349. (Impact Factor: 0.48)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Cosmin Moldovan. A comparison of the effects of topical green tea and lotus on facial sebum control in healthy humans. Hippokratia. 2013, 17(1): 64-67. (Impact Factor: 0.56)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. Improvements in skin barrier function following long-term treatment with green tea and lotus in healthy adults, a step towards future treatment of atopic dermatitis. HealthMed. 2013, 7(2): 455-461.
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar. Short term study of human skin irritation by single application closed patch test: assessment of four multiple emulsion formulations loaded with botanical extracts. Cutaneous and Ocular Toxicology. 2012, 32(1): 35-40. (Impact Factor: 1.11)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan. Herbs as alternate in treating acne. Bratislava Medical Journal. 2012. 113(2): 125. (Impact Factor: 0.45)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan, Haji M. Shoaib Khan, Tariq Saeed. Changes in skin mechanical properties after long-term application of cream containing green tea extract. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 2011, 23: 333-336. (Impact Factor: 1.36)
- Naveed Akhtar, Jehad Hisham, Barkat Ali Khan, Haji M. Shoaib Khan, Tariq Mahmood, Akhtar Rasul, Muhammad Iqbal, Mughal Qayum. Cosmetic Application of Phenolic Cream from Mulberry Bark Extract. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2012, 24(4): 1805-1808.
- Akhtar Rasul, Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan, Tariq Mahmood, Shahiq Uz Zaman, Haji M Shoaib Khan. Formulation Development of a Cream Containing Fennel Extract: in Vivo Evaluation for Antiaging Effects. Pharmazie. 2012, 67: 54-58. (Impact Factor: 1.26)
- Akhtar Rasul, Naveed Akhtar, Muhammad Iqbal, Barkat Ali Khan, Asadullah Madni, Ghulam Murtaza, Muhammad Khurram Waqas, Tariq Mahmood. Sebumetric and mexametric evaluation of a fennel based cream. ScienceAsia. 2012, 38: 262–267. (Impact Factor: 0.19)
- Haji M. Shoaib Khan, Naveed Akhtar, Fatima Rasool, Asadulllah Madni, Tariq Saeed, Barkat A. Khan, Tariq Mahmood. Investigation of a New Sebum Control Cream Containing Apple Juice Extract. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2011, 23(2): 810-812.
- Barkat Ali Khan, Naveed Akhtar, Tariq Mahmood, Haji M. Shoaib, Mughal Qayum, Tariq Saeed. Effects of Antioxidants and Flavonoids of Sea Buckthorn on Skin Whitening and Skin Erythema. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2011, 23(2): 903-906.
- Naveed Akhtar, Masood Anwar, Barkat Ali Khan, Tariq Mahmood, Shahiq-Uz-Zaman. Formulation Development and Pharmaceutical Evaluation of a W/O Emulsion of Coleus Extract. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Education and Research. 2011, 45 (3). (Impact Factor: 0.10)
- Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan, Abdul Majid, Haji M. Shoaib Khan, Tariq Mahmood, Gulfishan, Tariq Saeed. Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Evaluation of Extracts from Different Plant Parts of Indigenous Origin for their Hypoglycemic Responses in Rabbits. Acta Poloniea Pharmaceutica Drug Research. 2011, 68(6): 919-925. (Impact Factor: 0.87)
- Tariq Mahmood, Naveed Akhtar, Barkat Ali Khan, Haji M Shoaib Khan, Tariq Saeed. Outcomes of 3% Green Tea Emulsion on Skin Sebum Production in Male Volunteers. Bosnian Journal of Basic Medical Sciences. 2010, 10(3): 260-264. (Impact Factor: 0.65)
RESEARCH FUNDING / TRAVEL GRANTS
- Punjab Higher Education Commission Travel Grant – 8th A4M Conference, Bangkok (Thailand).
September 08 – 09, 2016. (0.191 Million)
- Higher education Commission of Pakistan – The 5th International Conference on Natural Products for Health and Beauty (NATPRO 5) Phuket (Thailand).
May 06 – May 08, 2014. (0.163 Million)
M.PHIL. THESES SUPERVISED
- Muhammad Amjad Raza (Oleogels)
- Ruqqaya Nawaz (Sustained Release Tablets)
- Rabia Aslam (Controlled Release Tablets)
- Sundus Islam (Controlled Release Tablets)
- Usama Jamshaid (Solid Lipid Nanoparticles)
- Muhammad Umer (Anti –wrinkle Creams)
SEMINAR, CONFERENCE AND WORKSHOPS ATTENTED
- Invited Speaker – 8th A4M Conference, Bangkok (Thailand). Comparative efficacy of two anti-aging products containing Retinyl Palmitate in healthy human volunteers. September 08 – 09, 2016
- The 5th International Conference on Natural Products for Health and Beauty (NATPRO 5) Thailand. Skin whitening multiple emulsions loaded with green tea and lotus extracts: an efficacy study. May 06 – May 08, 2014.
- Three days International workshop “Innovation in Drug Discovery, Delivery and Pharmacy Practice” May 13 – 15, 2014.
- One Day workshop “Time Management” – The University of Faisalabad. May 28, 2014.
- Learning Innovation Division HEC-Pakistan, Three days’ workshop “Cascading of Ensuring training Effectiveness” September 19 -21, 2011.
- Participated in the IOMC Professional Online Workshop entitled “How to Get Published?” by Dr. Jaspreet S. Brar, and organized by IOMC on September 17, 2011.
University of central punjab Faculty of Pharmacy