He has completed his M.Phil. in Mass Communication from Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad and M.Sc. in Communication Studies from Institute of Communication Studies, University of the Punjab, Lahore. He is currently associated with FMCS, University of Central Punjab, Lahore as Lecturer and previously served at Superior University and Minhaj University Lahore. He was selected for the scholarship awarded by the joint venture of HEC-SAMAA TV Program (2009-2010), and won Cultural Exchange Scholarship Program for MS Degree (2013) which is considered an honor for any student of media. He is author of three research articles published in internationally reputed journals and have experience of presenting research paper in various International Conferences. Some of the research articles are in pipeline for publishing on different areas including cartoon communication, Information Communication Technology, Crisis Communication, and New Media Effects.
M.Phil (Mass Communication) 2014. Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
MS (Communication Studies) 2011. Institute of Communication Studies, Punjab University, Lahore.
BS (Arts) 2009, University of the Punjab, Lahore.
March 2014 – date. Lecturer, School of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
January 2013 – March 2014. Lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Minhaj University, Lahore.
May 2013 – June 2014. Visiting Lecturer, Department of Mass Communication, Superior University, Lahore.
January 2012 – June 2013. Content Editor, RTI (Right to Information Pakistan) Online News Agency, Lahore.
Honors and Awards
Scholarship Holder of HEC-SAMAA TV program (2009-2010).
Won Cultural Exchange Scholarship Program for Master Degree (2013).
Member of Board of Studies School of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
- Social Media Content and Concept of Mixtainment (Submitted to Global Media Journal)
- Reliance of University Students on Information and Communication Technology: Testing Knowledge Gap Hypothesis (Under Review for Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly)
- Role of Information Communication Technology in Social Time Displacement of University Students ( Under Review for Pakistan Journal of Social Sciences)
Brief Statement of Research Interest
My research interests are New Media, Effects of New Media on society, Efficacy of Information Communication Technology during Crisis, Crisis/Disaster Communication and Visual Communication.
- Anis, F., Farooq, U., Fatima, H. (2013) “Role of E-learning in Open and Distance Learning teaching methodology,” paper presented in 27th International Annual Conference of Asian Association of Open Universities, which was held on 1-3 October, 2013.
- Fatima, H., Anis, F., Farooq, U. (2013) “Usage of technology for education: Comparative analysis of open and distance learning and regular students,” paper presented in 27th International Annual Conference of Asian Association of Open Universities, which was held on on 1-3October, 2013.
- Anis, F. (2016) “Role of Information Communication Technology is Social Time Displacement of University Students” paper accepted for 2nd International Social Science Conference, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad, 28-29 December, 2016.
University of central punjab School of Media and Communication Studies