Imran Shahzad is a chartered accountant with eleven years’ experience in the field of teaching subjects of accounting and finance. Evidence to his teaching skills is evident through a list of successful and satisfied students. He has special skills in course design and implementation. He always takes teaching from theoretical level to practical life experience. It makes his students to stand on a higher pedestal in the HR market of professionals. Currently he is doing his research to find the reason(s) of low tax base in Pakistan. He provides tax trainings/coaching at national level.
- Tax Planning
- Taxation Systems Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Audit & Assurance
- Business Taxation
My objective is to be an innovative teacher to add life long experience of theoretical and practical knowledge in the subjects of accounting and finance and I try to take teaching from theoretical level to practical life experience.
In addition to text books, case studies, class room activities, simulation and industry visits.
Academic responsibilities Teaching
Phil / MS
- International Trade and Finance
M.Com. / BS (Hons.) / B.Com. (Hons.)
- Advanced Taxation
- Financial Management
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Analysis
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Advanced Audit
- Corporate Financial Reporting
- Advanced Accounting
- Financial Accounting
- Company Laws
- BS (Hons.)
- Applied Accounting
- Responsible courses’ outlines setting, aligning them with the professional bodies’ requirement
- Responsible for admissions;
- linkages and coordination with Professional bodies like ACCA, CIMA and ICAP ;
- Promotion of the programs and its awareness in Punjab Group of Colleges;
- Arrangement of internships for students and follow-ups ;
- Coaching of ACCA exams and practical training of Taxation, Audit and Book Keeping.
Extracurricular activities /support role in UCP
- Do research on Income Tax matters including analysis of Pakistan Budget and Income tax impacts;
- Planning, management and supervision of students summer recreational tours to northern areas of Pakistan;
- Conduct UCP teachers training session to provide awareness about filing of online income tax return;
- Voluntary filing of UCP teacher’s annual income tax return and give them professional consultancy in the related matters.
- Framing of Internal Control System of UCP Sports Complex.
Memberships and Supervision
Member of Board of Advanced Studies UCP
“Principles of Taxation” Book
I was used to of updating “Principles of Taxation” book in the light of current Finance Act.
Academic and Research Work
Developed and introduced new technique for the computation of consolidated goodwill, revenue and non-controlling interest in accounting. This technique is more easy and understandable as compared to the prevalent techniques i.e. double entry system and statement forms. Technique is also accredited by the professors of different international universities.
- Analysis of corporate governance compliance and its impact over return on assets of listed companies in Malaysia
- Impact of Currency Devaluation on the Exports: A Comparative Study on Pakistan, Bangladesh and India
Corporate Sector Experience
As a Senior Audit Manager conducted the audits of Hospitals, Banks, Multinationals, Cement Manufacturing Companies, Textile Mills, Construction Companies, Tanneries and other government agencies. Some important clients include:
- Gharibwal Cement Ltd
- Sohrab Cycle Provident Fund
- Pakistan Expatriate Housing Society
- HMB Tanneries (pvt) Ltd.
- Gharibwal Cement Ltd.
- Ammar Textile Ltd.
- Bauer International (Pakistan) Ltd
- Crescent Business Management.
- Punjab Provincial Cooperative Bank Ltd.
- DDFC (pvt) Ltd,
- EKL (pvt) Ltd
- PIA Employees Cooperative Housing Society Ltd
- AFT (pvt) Ltd
- Flowtronix (pvt) Ltd.
- DDFC Provident Fund.
- Shafi Corporation (pvt) Ltd
School of Accounting & Finance, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.