M. Usman Afzal
More than 17 years of experience which includes 13 years of Industry experience and 4 years of University level teaching experience. Having experience of Object Oriented software and solution architecture, designing and development.
- Having good analytical, problem solving & development skills.
- Able to lead team on complex projects and meet deadlines professionally.
- Having experience of complete SDLC, from requirement gathering, from application & database design and development to testing and deployment.
- Having experience of development in web based, desktop and mobile applications
- Hands on Experience in .NET Framework 2.0, 4.0, 4.5, WCF Web Services (SOAP & RESTful), Web API, ASP.NET MVC, Windows Form, PHP, Entity Framework
- Good knowledge of SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, 2012 and Oracle 11g.
- Good development skills on mobile (ANDROID) applications
- Compiler Construction
- Theory of Automata
- Programming Fundamental
Master of Science in Computer Science, June 2003
FAST Institute of Computer science, Lahore, Pakistan
Bachelor in Computer Science, December 1998
FAST Institute of Computer Science, Lahore, Pakistan
Bachelor in Commerce, December 1995
Hailey College of Commerce, University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Forman Christian (FC) Collage Lahore
Intro to Computing
GIFT University Gujranwala, Pakistan (Visiting Faculty Member)
Digital Logical Design
Database Management System
Theory of Computation
University of Lahore
Theory of Computation
Mantaq System (pvt) Ltd, Lahore, Pakistan
Mantaq System is a Microsoft Certified Partner, provides the State of the art Microsoft Retail Management solution (RMS) and Microsoft Dynamic Solutions to their valuable clients.
- Customization of Microsoft GP 10 & Microsoft Retail Management System
I was involved in implementation of software on the client site, transfer of data and any customization in the RMS.
- Replenishment & Forecasting of Sale Module
I was fully involved and having leading role in this project from requirement gathering to development and finally deployment. This software was built in Microsoft Technologies and Oracle 10g.
- Interconnect All Existing System
This was a challenging task for me to integrate all their existing system to avoid data inconsistency. After this solution implementation all production unit of Servis Shoe are integrate with Warehouse and Shops. This eliminate the inconsistency of price and style update
SPARXTEC, Lahore, Pakistan
SPARXTEC is a multidisciplinary consulting firm. Its services include IT Services, Custom Software Development Services, Governance and Public Sector Reforms Consulting and Offshore web Programming Services.
System Architect / Technical Lead
Involvement in execution of business process, business development and software architecture finalization.
The Resource Group – TRG, Lahore, Pakistan (www.trgworld.com)
“TRG is the world’s largest off-shore controlled BPO company and largest IT-enabled company in Pakistan”.
Principle Software Engineer / Architect Speech Enabled Apps
Technically lead and managing a development team of 12 people, focusing to seek any possible opportunity to develop software projects to fulfil in house and for all 14 TRG portfolio companies’ requirements.
*National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NUCES), Pakistan.
Senior Software Engineer / Team Lead
NUCES-FAST has developed a research and development lab (CRULP: www.crulp.org) in Lahore campus. It works on different localization research projects.
Text To Speech System for Urdu Language
Text to Speech System for Urdu language, converts the written Urdu Text into speech. This system contains different steps in which a written Urdu text converts into the speech file. The complete project was divided into 6 deliverables of 4 to 5 months each.
As a technical lead I was involved in the following activates:
- Made decision on deferent technical issues.
- Research and analysis on different algorithms for speech manipulation.
- Create special test cases to check the accuracy of Urdu Accent of produced voice.
- Design integration mechanism between different modules.
- Involved in management of team of 12 peoples.
* NUCES is a leader in providing information technology education in Pakistan ( www.nu.edu )
TRISOFT (Pvt.) Ltd, Lahore, Pakistan
Senior Software Engineer
Microsoft Visual Studio .Net (VB .Net, ASP .Net), JAVA, PHP, Android
ASP.Net, Web Services, Java Script, HTML, XML, VXML
MS SQL Server (Analysis Service), MS Access, Oracle 9i
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007, MS Project Plan
MS Windows XP/2007/Server 2003/2000, Linux
Openbravo (Open Source ERP)
Microsoft Great Plan 10 (MS GP 10)
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab