Jacob Kamal Malik completed M.Phil in Sociology from University of the Punjab, Lahore and B.S. in Psychology, University of Georgia, USA. He is a Social Psychologist who joined UCP as a Lecturer in 2015. He completed his M.Phil research on Media Agenda-Setting and Public Opinion. He has a variety of other interests and subject knowledge including: philosophy, religious studies, quantitative research methodology, and history. He also has supervised BS students in the successful completion of their BS researches in various topics. His main areas of research include sociology of media, issues in gender psychology, group conformity, and social learning.
- Gender Psychology
- Ethics in Psychology
- BS Psychology Thesis Supervisor
- To join a reputable university to fully utilize my teaching abilities and knowledge.
- To help maintain and enhance academic excellence in the institution I join.
- To fulfil and develop the maximum potential of my students.
Master of Philosophy in Sociology
University of the Punjab, Pakistan
September 2012 – August 2014
Thesis Entitled: Media Agenda-Setting of Important National Issues and their Ranking by Students of a Pakistani University
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
University of Georgia, United States
September 2005 – July 2010
North Atlanta High School
Atlanta Public Schools, Georgia, United States
August 2001 – May 2005
- Excellent English language communication and writing skills.
- Excellent academic report writing ability.
- Extensive knowledge of academic research methodology.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office Products including Word, PowerPoint & Excel.
- Mastery of Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS).
- Expertise in managing and successfully completing small group projects
- Expertise in student counselling.
- Administrative expertise in student advising and registration for courses.
- Administrative expertise in schedule making and human resource management.
- Administrative expertise in office coordination and management.
- Extensive lecturing experience
University of Central Punjab
September 2015 to Present
- Position: Permanent Lecturer, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
- BS Subjects Taught: Introduction to Psychology, Introduction to Philosophy, Introduction to Sociology, Social Psychology, Gender Psychology, Technical Writing in Psychology, Ethics in Psychology, Quantitative Research Methodology, Applied Statistics, Biological Psychology, & Comparative Study of World Religions
- BS Thesis Projects Supervised:
- The Relationship of Religiosity with Life Satisfaction and Materialism among Pakistani Students by Maria Mufti, completed September 2015.
- Relationship of Birth Order and Personality Traits among Pakistani Undergraduates by Khadeeja Zaman, completed September 2015.
- The Differences in Life Satisfaction among Married Pakistani Individuals Examining Age at the Time of Marriage and Gender by Maham Tahir, completed September 2015.
- The Relationship of Ethnic Self-Identity with OCEAN Personality Traits among Pakistani University Students by Sabah Ahsan Malik, completed June 2016.
- Relationship between Gratitude and Subjective Well-being among Pakistani Undergraduates by Afshan Naeem, completed September 2016.
- The Relationship between Narcissistic Behavior on Social Media and Level of Self-Esteem among Undergraduate Students of Pakistan by Natasha Khalid, completed September 2016.
- The Relationship between Amount of Time spent Playing Video Games and Level of Aggression among Pakistani Students by Qanita Malik, completed September 2016.
University of Central Punjab
April 2011 to September 2015
Position: Research Associate, Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences
Tasks included: Administrative – student advising and registration; resource management of social science faculty; student counselling; schedule making; inter-office coordination; PORTAL trainer; teaching as a visiting lecturer to psychology department.
University of Georgia
August 2007 to May 2008
Position: Research Assistant, Psychology Department
Tasks included: Assisted the Social Psychology Head of Department with his research in Ego Depletion; data entry; laboratory management and maintenance; report writing.
042-35880007 Ext: 636
Faculty of Psychology, University of Central Punjab