Raheel Asghar Ginai is a professional accountant, educationist and former civil servant. With a diverse experience of more than 40 years he has held highly senior positions in Pakistan and at international levels such as Chairman National Insurance Corporation of Pakistan and Consultant World Bank & Govt. of Punjab.
He holds Master of Science degree from Government College Lahore and Master of Arts from University of the Punjab. Professionally he is Fellow member of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (FCMA), Fellow member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (FPFA), and Fellow member of Association of International Accountants United Kingdom (FAIA).
As a member of Central Superior Services of Pakistan (through CSSP Examination) he held various high positions Chairman National Insurance corporation of Pakistan, Executive Director Finance & Insurance managing a portfolio of more than 4,038 million rupees. As Director Postal Services Karachi he managed more than 5,000 employees. He has been Director International Postal Services of Pakistan and was responsible for maintaining liaison with almost all countries of the world. He was Secretary, Pakistan Postal services Corporation and Project Director Banking & Insurance. He is father of Pakistan Postcode.
In the field of Professional Accountancy he has been Member, National Council, Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan (ICMA) and Member Board of Directors Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants (PIPFA). He has also been Secretary of both of these institutions. He has the distinction of being Technical Advisor to the Education Committee of the International Federation of Accountants, a body which lays down International Accounting Standards and International Financial Reporting Standards. He has been Chief Executive of Corporate Consultants and Managing Director, Biz Accounts Ltd. UK.
He switched over to full time teaching by joining PCBA in 1996, which is now UCP. He has spent about 34 years in teaching at various institutions and universities like University of the Punjab, ICMA, PCBA, UCP and more than 8 years at various institutions in the United Kingdom. His experience in the UK includes position of Principal, of a College, and faculty for various courses of postgraduate qualifications and professional institutions like ABE, APE, ACCA and CIMA. In Pakistan, at present, he is member of Examination Committee of ICMAP responsible for setting question papers and holding examinations. He is also member of Board of Studies PIPFA responsible for designing syllabi and curriculum for PIPFA qualifications. He has been guest speaker at NIPA, Institute of Public Health, Lahore, for postgraduate medical professionals and Administrative College of ADBP.
He has wide international exposure including representing Pakistan at International forums like Executive Committee of Universal Postal Union, a body of UNO; and congress of SWAPU. In addition he had operative and managerial training in Netherlands, India, Japan and the UK. In private capacity he has travelled to several countries.
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial management
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Strategy
- Business Law
- FAIA Fellow Member of Association of International Accountants, UK
- FCMA Fellow Member of the ‘Institute of Cost & Management Accountants, Pakistan
- FPFA Fellow Member of Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants
- M.Sc. Govt. College, Lahore, in affiliation with University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
- M.A. University of the Punjab, Pakistan.
Experience comprises of holding senior positions in corporate sector and in educational institutions including positions like Chairman, National Insurance Corporation; Consultant, World Bank; Member, Board of Directors of Pakistan Institute of Finance and Public Accountants; Secretary/Member National Council of Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan; Principal Morden College Morden London; Member Education Committee of South Asian Federation of Accountants, and Technical Advisor, Education Committee of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
In addition to being professional manager and accountant, have experience of teaching, business related subjects at postgraduate level, and in professional institutions in United Kingdom and Pakistan.
- Recently concluded research on:
Impact of Company Fundamentals on Market Prices of Shares of Companies of Textile Sectors of Pakistan.
This research has been conducted for the purpose of fulfilling partial requirement of Mater of Philosophy, Faculty of Commerce, UCP
- Writing a book titled:
Accounting for Beginners
The book is expected to comprise of 25 Chapters. So far 18 chapters have been completed.
- Chairman, National Insurance Corporation of Pakistan. As Chairman of one of the biggest corporations of Pakistan, was responsible for overall management of the corporation, Human Resource Management, Finance, Accounts and Insurance business of the Corporation.
- Executive Director, Finance & Insurance, National Insurance Corporation of Pakistan. The job required management of Finance, Accounts, and Insurance business of the corporation. Managed a portfolio of Rs 4,038 million. Responsibilities included human resource management of employees in the province of Punjab and the then NWFP.
- Director, Biz Accounts Ltd. London. This position required development of accounting and costing system of business organisations, managing accounts, maintaining payroll, presentation of periodical financial statements, performance evaluation, financial analysis, preparation of tax returns, and providing corporate services of the client organisations.
- Chief Executive, Corporate Consultants: As a practising Management Accountant was responsible for managing accounts, sales tax (VAT) records, and Tax matters of clients firms. Some of the important assignments during this period are as follows:
- Sales Tax (VAT) Auditor, on behalf of Central Board of Revenue, Govt. Of Pakistan.
- External Auditor, Central Board of Revenue, Govt. of Pakistan for audit of Sales Tax refunds 1996-97 of 70 companies, amounting to Rs 1.7 billion.
- Consultant as Cost Accountant, for World Bank Second Family Health Project (SFHP) of Health Department, Govt. of Punjab, for converting four Govt. hospitals into autonomous and self-financing organisations by introducing management Accounting System.
- Project Director, (Banking & Insurance), Pakistan Postal Services Corporation, Govt. of Pakistan. The job required policy proposals and supervision of Post office Saving Bank and numerous financial services of the corporation. It also included same responsibilities regarding Postal Life Insurance of the corporation.
- Secretary, Pakistan Postal Services Corporation on conversion of Pakistan Post Office department into a Responsibilities included all secretarial functions and dealing with Board of Directors.
- Director International Postal services, Pakistan Postal Services Corporation, Govt. of Pakistan. The job required representing Pakistan at international forums, settlement of accounts with postal authorities of foreign countries, arrangements of flight connections for carrying international mails, negotiations with international air lines.
- Director Pakistan Post office, Karachi. It was an administrative position requiring human resource management of more than 5,000 employees, management of finance, accounts and postal services at Kara
- Manager Accounts, Pakistan Post Office Foundation, The job included evolving and maintenance of costing and accounting system (including payroll) of the foundation including following manufacturing units and to manage upkeep of accounting data:
- Garments manufacturing
- Wooden furniture manufacturing
- Steel works
- Secretary & Member of the National Council, Institute of Cost & Management of Pakistan. 2002-2004. It was an elected position voted by the members of the institute. Responsibility required control of the secretariat and administration, setting of the curricula and liaison with other international accounting bodies.
- Secretary and Member, Board of Directors, Pakistan Institute of Public Finance Accountants. The BOD is responsible for laying out policies regarding curricula, finance and management of the institute.
- Current position:
Permanent Member of the Faculty at University of Central Punjab, Lahore Pakistan since January 2013. Teaching Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting to undergraduate and graduate courses. Remained associated with the same institution for 8 years from 1996 to 2004.
- Principal, 3D Morden College, Morden, London: Established the college from the initial stages till its completion according to the requirements of rules and regulation United Kingdom Border Agency.
- Visiting Faculty Accounting and Finance, at London: Teaching Financial Accounting, Organisational Behaviour, Managerial Accounting, Finance courses CIMA, ACCA, ABE and professional courses at London as part time faculty of professional and postgraduate colleges.
- Visiting Faculty University of Punjab: Teaching Accounting and Financial Management to MBIT classes
- Visiting faculty at Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan. Teaching Accounting, Cost accounting, Advanced Cost and Management Accounting, Strategic Management Accounting, Strategic Financial Management, Finance and Human Resource Management.
- Visiting Speaker at National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA), Pakistan, and at Staff Colleges of various Govt. institutions from time to time.
- Teaching at Institute of Public Health, Lahore, for postgraduate medical professionals on the subjects of Financial Management of hospitals and techniques of costing hospital services.
- Guest Speaker at Administrative College of Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan. As almost a regular Guest Speaker used to deliver lectures on various aspects of Human Resource Management.
- Represented Pakistan in Berne, Switzerland in April 1992 and August 1992 in the Executive Council of UPU, a body of UNO
- Represented Pakistan in Alitalia, Turkey in Congress of SWAPU in April !992
- Visited USA, Netherlands, Belgium, France, UK, Turkey, Switzerland, Japan, India, Bangladesh and S. Arabia for private or official visits and training in various fields.
- Technical Advisor, Education Committee, International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), USA.
- Stay at London for more than eight years teaching and providing accounting services.
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab