Mr.Saquib S. Bhatti is a graduate of SOM, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Thailand. Mr. Bhatti brings with himself a decade long rich and diversified experience of the industry. Mr. Bhatti worked as Director Strategic Planning at RED Communication Arts, Lahore – one of the leading advertising agencies of the country. Prior to that, he served as Head of Sales and Marketing of Sundrop at Wali Oil Mills, Lahore. He also served legends like Habib Oil Mills, Karachi and Sapphire Fibres Ltd., Lahore, in the areas of marketing research, brand management, and merchandising. Mr. Bhatti switched to academia in 2002.
- Strategic Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Marketing Research Design & Analysis
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Brand Management
- Well rounded exposure of about 10 years to different facets of marketing including brand management, sales, marketing research, new product development, sales promotion, and advertising in FMCG, advertising, retail and textile industries.
- More than fifteen years of teaching marketing related courses at both undergraduate as well as post graduate level with some of the leading business schools of the country.
- Proactive approach, strategic vision, leadership skills, analytical abilities, creativity, communication skills, organizational skills, complete dedication to work and challenge loving spirit are the key strengths.
“The use of Information Technology by Retail Chains for achieving competitive advantage – a study of retail chains in Pakistan and France”. An IT based solution was recommended for a retail chain in Pakistan, Canteen Stores Department (CSD), on the basis of experiences of French Retail Chains. A phased IT implementation plan was suggested for CSD. This 12 credit-hour research study was an integral part of the MBA program at AIT and was sponsored by the Government of France under the AIT – EC exchange program.
- Sept. `11 – To date UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab, Khayaban-e-Jinnah, Lahore.
Principles of Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Management, Sales Management, Advertising & Promotion Strategy, and Marketing Research Design & Analysis
- Aug. `05 – Aug. `11 FAST School of Management – National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences, H-11/4, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Principles of Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Brand Management, and Integrated Marketing Communications
- Feb. `05 – Aug `05 Bahria Institute of Management & Computer Sciences, Bahria University, Islamabad, Pakistan
Principles of Marketing, Marketing Management, International Business Analysis, and Retailing Management
- Jan. `04 – July `05 Institute of Administrative Sciences, University of the Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Principles of Marketing, Marketing Management, and Marketing Strategy
- April `02 – Aug `04 P.C.B.A., University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Strategic Marketing, Product & Pricing Strategy, and Global Marketing.
Nov. `02 – June `03 RED Communication Arts (Pvt.) Ltd., Lahore, Pakistan.
Director Strategic Planning
I was heading the strategic account planning wing of RED, one of the fastest growing advertising agencies in Pakistan. The function of account planning was introduced in the organization with my induction, with an objective of being able to:
- think strategically for the accounts and ensuring that all the tactical level activities conducted by the advertising agency are complementing each other to achieve the overall strategic objectives of the clients,
- suggest target market and positioning for different brands of the clients,
- represent the ultimate consumers at every step of advertising communication development,
- understand consumer behavior and buying patterns for different products and suggest the most appropriate communication tools to effectively convey the required message to the consumers, and
- work as a bridge between the client and the creative department
Mar `00 – Jan `02 Morning Enterprises Ltd., 171-Shadman II, Lahore, Pakistan.
Project Manager (March 2001 – Jan 2002)
Being responsible for marketing, and sales function of Sundrop brand at national level:
- Increased sales by 48% over the previous year.
- Established and improved co-ordination between production, sales, and dispatch departments.
- Improved efficiency of national sales network by establishing regional warehouses.
- By opening new towns, increased the availability of Sundrop brand by 25% at national level.
Brand Manager (March 2000 – March 2001)
In order to re-establish Sundrop brand after it was taken over from Pakistan Tobacco Company:
- Revised the positioning and the pricing of the brand, to be able to target housewives of middle class socio-economic segment.
- Was actively involved in designing new packaging for the brand.
- In co-ordination with the advertising agency, designed many promotional campaigns for the brand to give it a push in the market.
- Was actively involved in designing and execution of new electronic (thematic) campaign for the brand.
Feb `96–Feb `00 Habib Oil Mills (Pvt.) Ltd., D-38, S.I.T.E., Karachi 75700, Pakistan.
Brand Manager (August 1998 – Feb. 2000)
Being responsible for Super Habib Soybean Cooking Oil, the flagship of HOM, main responsibilities of the job included:
- Analysis of brand trends and identification of research needs for the brand,
- Improvement of consumer pull through various marketing strategies,
- Development of advertising and promotion campaigns in coordination with the advertising agencies,
- Development of product strategies for Super Habib that would meet the company’s corporate objectives, &
- To act as a coordination center between procurement, production, quality control and sales departments.
Besides being responsible for the brand management function, was also taking care of the marketing research and consumer promotion activities at national level for all brands of the company, and was part of the “New Product Development committee” of the company. Was also an active part of the annual corporate strategic planning sessions of the company.
Marketing Research Analyst (Feb. 1996 – August 1998)
Main purpose of the job was to gradually develop and establish an in-house research cell within the marketing department of HOM.
- Proposing research activities in order to ascertain the market share/ situation of own & competitors brands and create further awareness of own products,
- Coordination with outside research agencies for conducting various research studies,
- Coordination and monitoring of business promotion, and discounted sales activities for trial generation of the products of HOM and improvement in their consumer base,
- Development and training of research officers and research assistants, &
- Generation of analytical reports based on the data of research surveys conducted.
Nov `94-Aug `95 Sapphire Fibers Ltd. – Knitted Fabric Dyeing Unit 7-A/K, Main Gulberg, Lahore, Pakistan.
Manager Merchandising & PPC
Main responsibilities included:
- Production planning of the knitted fabric dyeing unit,
- Co-ordination with the knitting unit and vendors of accessories to ensure smooth supply of the raw material fabric to the dyeing unit, &
- Co-ordination with the buyers to update them about the production status of their different orders.
July `89-July `91 Canteen Stores Department (CSD), Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Designed, prepared and implemented computerized
- Inventory Control System, &
- Purchase Order System (Accounts payable Subsidiary Ledger)
in order to improve the information flow from different outlets to the Head office & auditing of stores related data, to ensure timely payments to the suppliers. Also, being in-charge of the computer section was responsible for all the administrative matters concerning the department.
M.B.A, Management of Technology, 1993, School of Management, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), Bangkok, Thailand (GPA 3.50).
Research Study: “The use of Information Technology by Retail Chains for achieving competitive advantage – a study of retail chains in Pakistan and France”. I recommended an IT based solution for a retail chain in Pakistan, Canteen Stores Department (CSD), on the basis of experiences of French Retail Chains. I suggested a phased IT implementation plan for CSD. This 12 credit-hour research study was an integral part of the MBA program at AIT and was sponsored by the Government of France under the AIT – EC exchange program.
MBA (Equivalent of 16 years of education and American BBA), Business, 1992, PCBA, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
B. Sc, Maths & Physics, 1986, F.G. Sir Syed College, The Mall, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
H.S.S.C, Pre-Engineering, 1983, Govt. Gordon College, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
S.S.C, Science, 1981, F. G. Public Secondary School, Haider Road, Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Professional Courses/ Seminars/ Workshops
- Removing Mindsets, March 20, 1999, Habib Oil Mills (Pvt.) Ltd., Karachi, Pakistan.
- Negotiation Skills, 07, 1998, Habib Oil Mills (Pvt.) Ltd., Karachi, Pakistan.
- Awareness Before Change, October 03, 1998, The British Council/ KZR Associates, Karachi
- Team Building, Feb. 09 – 10, 1998, Habib Oil Mills (Pvt.) Ltd., Lahore, Pakistan.
- New Product Development: from Idea to Launch, Dec. 15 -18, 1997, Rausing Executive Centre, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Internets and Intranets, June 09 – 12, 1997, Small and Medium Enterprise Centre, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Quality Management for the Garment Industry, June 20 – 22, 1995, Small and Medium Enterprise Center, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore, Pakistan.
- Diploma in English Language, 1987, National University of Modern Languages (NUML), Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Diploma in Turkish Language, 1989, NUML, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Have done computer Courses in:
- dBase III Plus CDS (Pvt.) Ltd., Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- Fortran Language Quaid-e-Azam University, , Pakistan.
- Ventura Publisher NICS, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
- I hold the distinction of being the first student in the history of School of Management, AIT, to have completed the 5-term MBA (MOT) program in 4 terms.
- I was given tuition waiver for the last 2 semesters by the School of Management, AIT on the basis of academic performance. Besides, the 12 credit-hour research study that was part of the MBA program at AIT, and required travel to Pakistan and France for data collection, was fully sponsored by the Govt. of France under the AIT-EC exchange program.
- I was awarded Scholastic Achievement Award for achieving first position in order of merit (CGPA = 3.95/4.00) in the class of 1992 by PCBA, University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- I have represented the School and College Table Tennis teams in Inter-School and Inter-Collegiate tournaments.
- I was awarded a special prize for outstanding performance in the extra-curricular activities by PCBA, University of Central Punjab, Lahore.
France, Malaysia, Singapore, India, Vietnam, Thailand and Turkey
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab