Sayyid Haider Mustafa Rizavi has a Master of Science in Computing Research from University of Dundee (United Kingdom). He also has a Master of Commerce (Finance) and a Master of Science (CS/Web Engineering) from University of the Punjab. Prior to joining UCP Business School, he worked as Manager Business Intelligence in a leading commercial bank’s Information Technology Group.
- Enterprise Systems
- Business Intelligence
- Electronic Business
- Management Information Systems
- Project Management
- Computing Skills for Business
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Introduction to Information Systems
UCP business school, University of Central Punjab
Currently serving as Lecturer in Information and Operations Management Division of the Business School.
Askari Bank Ltd. Pakistan April 2004 to March 2013
Joined the bank in April 2004 through the Management Trainee Officers Scheme. Total experience spread over eight years, includes working in various departments in branches and head office e.g. General Banking Operations, Foreign Trade, Credits in the branches and Business Intelligence / MIS at Electronic Technology Division.
Last designation : Manager Business Intelligence / MIS (Electronic Technology Division)
Jaffer Brothers (Pvt.) Ltd. Pakistan
Worked as Quality Control Officer at project for compilation of National Database for NADRA. June 2000 to March 2001.
Water & Power Development Authority PAKISTAN
Three months internship as a mandatory requirement for Master of Commerce.
Research Interests are in the fields of Enterprise Systems, Business Information Systems, Business Intelligence and Electronic Commerce.
M.Sc. Computing Research (Equivalent to M. Phil.) , University of Dundee, United Kingdom, 2010
- Taught study modules:
- Human Computer Interaction & Usability Engineering
- Design Ethnography
- Computing Research Frontiers (Gaming Next Generation, , Accessibility and Computing, AT&AAC -Assistive Technology and Augmentative and Alternate Communication, Interactive System Design)
- Research Project Worked on research project about usability of multimedia user interfaces with collaboration of Consumer Experience Division (CX) of NCR Corporation, United Kingdom.
M.Sc. Computer Science, Punjab University College of Information Technology, Pakistan, 2003 Specialization in Web Engineering, Division: First
Master of Commerce (M. Com), Hailey College of Commerce, University of The Punjab, Pakistan, 2001
Major in Finance Division: First
Courses & Certificates
- Certificate of Written English Professional from Brainbench
- Short course titled Flash Commerce (includes Macromedia Flash, Coral Draw, Adobe Photoshop, HTML & ASP, Dreamweaver and Fireworks) from Edge System International.
Formal Training Courses arranged by Askari Bank Ltd. Pakistan:
- Comprehensive course for Management Trainee Officers
- Foreign Trade course
- Credits Course
- SME Financing & Prudential Regulations
- Accepting properties as securities
- Risk Weighted Assets (Standardized Approach)
- Foreign Currency Financing
- Using Microsoft Excel
- Treasury Operations
- Be Your Best Manager (Soft skills)
- Well versed with all kind of Windows operating systems and applications
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Programming languages/tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, C++, Java, HTML, DHTML, XML, ASP, JSP, Java Script, Java Servlets, SQL, Microsoft Front Page, Dreamweaver
- Graphics applications, Coral Draw, Adobe Photoshop
- Designing three tier architecture, Enterprise Java Beans
- Various tools and technologies related to Management Information System, Database Management System and Business Intelligence. (Oracle, Teradata etc.)
- Teradata Load Utilities (TD Fastload, TD Fastexport, TD Mload
- Teradata Applications (TD Administrator, TD Manager, TD SQL Assistant, Appliance backup utility
- Business Intelligence Tools (Oracle Business Intelligence )
- HCI/Usability Engineering, Usability evaluation of user interfaces
Published Research Papers
- “Openness and Growth in South Asia” published in South Asian Studies, A Research Journal of South Asian Studies Vol. 25, No. 2 pp.419-428, July-December 2010
- “User Perceived Quality of Social Networking Websites: A Study of Lahore Region” published in Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 2, No. 12, April 2011
- Website Quality of Higher Education Websites: Young User s Perception published in Interdisciplinary Journal of Contemporary Research in Business 3, No. 1, May 2011
+92 42 3588 0007 EXT 119
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab