Arooj Alvi did her Masters in HRM from NBS National University of Science, Islamabad. Prior joining UCP as a lecturer Ms. Arooj has worked in TRG tech Lahore as recruitment analyst. She is associated with NUST alumni as well as FAST Alumni. Her areas of research are management, HRM, HRIT, and ecommerce.
- Fundamentals of management and Organization
- Organizational Behavior
- Compensation Management
OCTOBER 2017 –PRESENT
LECTURER, MANAGEMENT &ORGANIZATION DIVISION, UCP BUSINESS SCHOOL
Major Academic Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, prepare and deliver teaching content of designated courses.
- Develop and improvise new methodology of teaching
- Plan and develop course curriculum
- Asses and grade students’ coursework
- Invigilate examinations
- Provide support network to student by counseling and advising them
- Promote creative thinking by indulging and supervising students’ final year programs
- Align business-academic practices by arranging Seminars and Guest Speaking Session
MARCH 2013- SEPTEMBER 2013
RECRUITMENT ANALYST, TRG Tech Lahore
Major Job Responsibilities
- Coordinated and organized recruitment drives in universities (LUMS, GIKI, NUCES-FAST, NUST, and LSE) for recruiting young developers.
- Attainment of maximum positions by selecting the best candidates in a given time period
- Conducting headhunts for critical positions by using web portals
- Advertising Job positions and campaigns using appropriate social and media tools
- Acting as a liaison with institutions for placement opportunities and industrial linkages.
SEPTEMBER 2013 -MARCH2017
MBA (HR), UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ISLAMABAD (NBS)
Human Resource Management Specialization Courses: Human Resource Development, Organizational Behavior and Design, Strategic Human Resource Management, Training and Development, Performance Appraisals and Rewards
BBA (HRM &FIN), NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF COMPUTER AND EMERGING SCIENCES, LAHORE (NUCES-FAST)
Human Resource Management Specialization Courses: Employment Law, HRM, Organizational Design and Behavior, Organization Policy, Negotiation and Conflict
Finance Specialization Courses: Financial Management, Operations Management, Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Financial Statement Analysis
Distinctions and Honors
- Secured First Position in Masters. Passed with a CGPA of 4.0
- Excellence in Academics – Name on the Dean’s List throughout Masters
- Received a 100% scholarship in Masters
- Secured First Position in Bachelors. Passed with a CGPA of 3.99
- Name on the Dean’s List throughout Bachelors
- Received a scholarship throughout Bachelors
- Fluent is speaking, reading and writing English and Urdu languages
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of team
- Leadership skills
- Able to manage both time and resources efficiently
- Eloquent in written and verbal communication
- Able to work under stress and strict time constraints.
- THE GOODY GOODS -A non-profit business to collect fund for charity
- BEENIES- The flavored straws: Conducted market research, analysis design and testing for the product.
- Redesigned a complete Performance Manual of Bedari based on a hybrid model of the trait based competency and MBO.
- Conducted Comparative Employee Relations Analysis for FFC using questionnaire methodology.
- Developed webpage using Weebly
- The impact of E-Technology on the practices and applications of HRM
- Leadership styles and personality traits in business organizations in Pakistan
Training and seminars
- Attended the Faculty Development Program (2 Days) as a participant in 2017
- Conducted a Seminar on “Organizational Policy and Ethics” in NUST BUSINESS SCHOOLS
- Delivered a training session on “Emotional Intelligence” to PTCL mid-level managers and employees.
- Seminar on “Entrepreneur Review” in NUCESFAST Islamabad.
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab