Ms. Eeshah Ahmad Tariq has an MSc. Finance degree from Alliance Manchester Business School, Manchester, England and a BSc. Honors degree in Economics and Management from University of London. Ms. Eeshah is also pursuing her candidacy for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and has successfully cleared Level 1 and Level 2. Prior to joining UCP, she was a Lecturer in Finance at the Lahore Business School, University of Lahore. Her research interests are Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Finance, Behavioral Finance and Exchange Rates.
- Business Finance
- Financial Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Capital Budgeting
- Investment Analysis
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Corporate Finance
2007- 2008 Manchester Business School, The University of Manchester United Kingdom
MSc Finance, Result: 2:1
Modules Include: Derivative Securities, Research Methods in Finance, and Essentials of Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Econometrics, International Macroeconomics, Globalization, International Mergers and Acquisitions.
Dissertation: Analysis of the Equilibrium of the Japanese Exchange Rate (82%) [Co-integration was used to calculate the equilibrium rate using the Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate Technique, Undervaluation claims were also evaluated along discussion on possible future policies].
Individual assignments enhanced my analytical, research and problem solving skills. Group tasks involved working with colleagues from various ethnicities which further improved my communication skills.
2004-2007 UCL University College Lahore
BSc (Honours) Economics and Management University of London (External Program)
The program covered Economics in detail with courses like Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Econometrics, Public Sector Economics and Labor Economics. The courses like Introduction to Business Management, Organization theory, Introduction to Sociology, Principles of Accounting, Corporate Finance, Mathematics and Statistics covered business practices, accounting and management in-depth.
2001-2003 Keynesian Institute of Management Sciences, Lahore.
GCE Advanced Levels (A-Levels) in Urdu, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
1999-2001 Beaconhouse School System, Lahore Pakistan
O’ Levels in 8 subjects including English and Mathematics
Chartered Financial Analyst
Level 1 and 2 Passed at First attempt.
August 2011- Present Faculty of Management, University of Central Punjab, Lahore,
Working as a lecturer teaching Finance and Investments; the job entails similar responsibilities to the role at University of Lahore.
Courses taught: Financial Management, Business Finance, Corporate Governance, Financial Analysis, Investment Fundamentals, Financial Markets and Intitutions, Financial Intermediaries and Investment Banking, Microeconomics.
June 2009- May 2011 Lahore Business School, The University of Lahore
Lecturer, Economics and Finance
Worked as a lecturer teaching Economics and Finance; the job entailed the following responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing new methods of teaching to reflect changes in research;
- Designing, preparing and developing teaching materials;
- Delivering lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- Assessing students’ coursework;
- Setting and marking examinations;
- Supporting students through a pastoral/advisory role;
- Undertaking personal research projects and actively contributing to the institution’s research profile;
- Writing up research and preparing it for publication;
- supervising students’ research activities;
- Undertaking continuous professional development (CPD) and participating in staff training activities;
- Undertaking administrative tasks related to the department, such as student admissions, induction programmes and involvement in committees and boards;
- Representing the institution at professional conferences and seminars;
- Establishing collaborative links outside the university with industrial, commercial and public organizations.
Sept 2005 – May 2006 University College Lahore
Teachers Assistant of Sociology
Working as a graduate teacher’s assistant the job involved the following responsibilities:
- Notifying instructors of errors or problems with assignments
- Order or obtain materials needed for classes
- Prepare and proctor examinations
- Return assignments to students in accordance with established deadlines
- Schedule and maintain regular office hours to meet with the students.
- Arrange for supervisors to conduct teaching observations; meet with supervisors to receive feedback on teaching performance.
- Assist faculty members or staff with student conferences.
- Provide assistance to faculty or staff with research.
- Provide assistance to library staff in maintaining library collections.
- Evaluate and grade examinations, assignments and papers and record grades.
- Teach undergraduate level courses.
- Develop teaching materials such as syllabi, visual aids, answer keys and supplementary notes.
- Attend lectures given by the instructor whom they are assisting.
- Copy and distribute classroom materials.
June 2005 – Aug 2005 Bank Alfalah, Lahore
Working as an internee worked in the following departments:
- Customer services
- Foreign trade
The customer services department involved several tasks that included helping walk-in customers and customers on the phone and providing information about the bank, new offers, and their accounts and balances. Other tasks were making cheque books and opening accounts. This required good communication, judgment and personality analysis skills if the customer had no reference. In the foreign trade department I kept account of the daily exchange rates and informed foreign account holders about it. I also advised them about the timing of the conversion if they wanted to convert their currency back to the local currency. This improved my predictability and observation skills. In Accounts, I learnt about the processing of cheques and bank drafts.
- Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Econometric soft wares especially E-views
- Databases like Data stream, Thompson Financial Data stream and ESDS (Economic and Social Data Service)
- English- fluent
- Urdu- native
- Punjabi- fluent
INTERESTS & EXTRA CURRICULAR
- surfing the internet.
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab