Ms. Momina Abrar
Ms. Momina Abrar joined Faculty of Media Communication in 2017 as a lecturer.Her prior experiences of working in Media Industry from Advertising Agencies to Corporate Communication and a post graduate degree from National College of Arts enabled her to bring the practical experience for the students in her lectures.Along with her core job, she had played a vital role of coordinating many events and looks after the social media handle of FM 92.6 UCP ki Dunya.She also took on the role as Creative Designer, producing more than 150 design works including the core logo of FMCS.To her personal interests, she loves to produce theatre play and films of emerging arts.
• October 2017, Lecturer, and University of Central Punjab
• January 2014 – December 2014 ,reporting and Documentation Officer, Hashoo Foundation, Islamabad.
• October 2012- December 2013, Content Writer, Creative Junction Pvt. Ltd.
Brief Statement of Research Interest
Area of interest is film making and therefore, would like to research different film cultures, filmosophy and film practice in the world currently and how many of the approaches are being followed by the Pakistani industry.
Other Research or Creative Accomplishments
- Re-launched Hashoo Foundation’s present website http://hashoofoundation.org/
- Launched and developed content for 12 Hashoo Foundation’s Monthly e-newsletters. it was later to be circulated among the staff and the stakeholders of the organization.
- Also highlighted and printed the profiles of Hashoo Foundation’s beneficiaries and printed 25 years of success booklet.
Selected Professional Presentations
- Assistant director for a documentary; concept development and production for Hashoo Foundation’s “In The Pursuit of Dreams” http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x259zu3_in-the-pursuit-ofdreams_lifestyle Director and writer for ‘Someone To Watch Over Me’ (short film), 2012
- pre-production and concept developer in the Punjab Government campaign of clean water.
Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab