Ms. Nazia Tabassum (On Study Leave)
Pharmacology & Therapeuitcs
Desired employment / Occupational field
Work experience 1
December, 2016 to date
Teaching Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacy to students of Pharm-D students (organizing lectures and labs) as well as teaching and research to M.Phil. students
University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan
Private Sector University
Work experience 2
October, 2008-to December, 2016
Teaching Pharmacology, Physiology, Organic chemistry, Forensic Pharmacy, Clinical Pharmacy Community pharmacy to students of Pharm-D students (organizing lectures and labs) as well as teaching and research to M.Phil. students
The University of Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan
Private Sector University
Education and training
Education and training 1
M.Phil. In Pharmacology
Evaluation of pharmacological effect of selected medicinal plant extracts on angiogenesis using chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) assay.
University of Sargodha, Sargodha, Pakistan (A Government Sector University)
Education and training 2
Dates 11/2002-12/2006 , 4/2007-11/2008
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm-D)
Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan, Pakistan (A public sector university)
Personal skills and competences
Other language(s)English, Punjabi
Social skills and competences
Good communication skills gained through my experience as a teacher Friendly behavior with my university colleagues and my students Good situation handling skills acquired during my job at retail pharmacy as well as at university as a member of student advisory board Good adaptive skills acquired through multicultural patients at retail pharmacy and multicultural Students (local and foreign) Good teamwork spirit acquired through working in labs during my studies and a teacher dealing with projects assigned to students Taught subject of communication skills (Community Pharmacy) and pharmacology at the university
Organizational skills and competences
Organizing study trips and industrial tours for the students Supervising different student (Annual dinners, farewell parties) functions at the university Member of new faculty selection board Attending and conducting different seminars at university Member of blood donating society at the university
Good experience of purchasing pharmaceutical goods and communicating with the doctors durin my job as a retail pharmacist
Technical skills and competences
Good skills acquired during my research while working with Rotary evaporator, ELISA, Real time PCR, UV spectrophotometer, Mechanical agitator, pH-meter, Human cell line culturing, western Blotting ,Imminudetuction, CAM Assay, Langendorff heart perfusion mode. As a teacher demonstrated operation of Glucometer, glucose oxidase kits, Centrifuge machine, Tablet dissolution, tablet disintegration, granulation technique, tablet compression, tablet coating, pH-meter, preparation of emulsions, ointments, syrups, lotions, matrix tablets, hard gelatin capsules, pharmaceutical calculations, bioavailability study graphs and buffer solutions
Computer skills and competences
Good command of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) acquired during my thesis writing and lab work
Good command on adobe pdf reader, and internet surfing acquired during my research work
Good command on operating system (Windows vista, 7, Xp 2000, 98) Good command on statistical software (Minitab)
Other skills and competences
Reading books, Driving, Touring, Playing Cricket and badminton, Internet surfing, Visiting social websites such as face book, twitter
- Tabassum N, Saleem U, Ahmad B. Anti-angiogenic potential of Mentha longifolia (Horse Mint): Chlorioallantoic Membrane Assay. BJPR 2017, 14(3): 1-6
- Tabassum N, Alamgeer, Aziz A and Ahmad B. Evaluation of pharmacological effect of Teucrium stocksianum extract on angiogenesis using chorioallantoic membrane assay .Bangladesh J Pharmacol 2016; 11(4): 621-627.
- Mushtaq MN, Akhtar MS, Alamgeer, Ahmad T, Khan HU,Maheen S, Ahsan H, Naz H,Asif H, Younis W and Tabassum N. Evaluatin of antihypertensive activity of Sonchus asper l. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2016; 73(2): 425-431.
- Akhter M, Iqbal M, Tabassum N, Latif F, Asif H, Noor N and Arshad L. Evaluation of pharmacological effect of Morus Nigra extract on angiogenesis using Chorioallantoic Membrane (CAM) Assay. Can J App Sci. 2015; 2: 26-46.
- Alamgeer, Mazhar U, Mushtaq MN, Khan HU, Maheen S, Malik MNH, Ahmad T, Latif F, Tabassum N, Khan AQ, Ahsan H, Khan W, Javed I, Ali H. Evaluation of anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic activities of Thymus Serphyllum Linn. in mice. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2015; 72(1): 113-118.
- Alamgeer, Akhtar MS, Jabeen Q, Bashir S, Malik MNH, Karim S, Mushtaq MN, Rasool S, Latif F, Tabassum N , Khan AQ, Ahsan H, Khan W and Javed I. Possible mechanism of cardiac depressant activity of berberis orthobotrys roots in isolated rabbit heart. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2014; 71(4): 667-675.
- Alamgeer, Akhtar MS, Jabeen Q, Khan HU, Maheen S, Rashid HU, Karim S, Rasool S, Malik MNH, Khan k. Mushtaq MN, Latif F, Tabassum N, Khan AQ, Ahsan H and Khan W. Pharmacological evaluation of antihypertensive effect of aerial parts of thymus linearis benth. Acta Pol. Pharm. 2014; 71(4): 677-682.
Khan IA, Manzoor Z, Munawar SH, Ashraf MH and Tabassum N.A Combination of Allium sativum and Curcuma longa Hot Water Extract Improves Normal and Diabetic Foot Ulcers in Rabbits.Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research Pharmacotherapy Group,Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria (Accepted Date: 26th November, 2015)
Training and workshops attended
Certificate Computer Literacy Programmed at BZ University Multan Pakistan (April 2003)
Certificate Apprenticeship programmed at The children’s hospital & the institute of child health. Lahore.
Certificate “International conference on health professions education” by IADSR (Institute for advancement of dental sciences & research) at The University of Lahore, Lahore.
Certificate of Participation in conference on “Scope of community pharmacy in Pakistan” by IPS (Imperial Pharmaceutical Society) at The University of Lahore, Lahore.
Registered from Pakistan Pharmacy Council. (004192-A/07)
Registered member of Pakistan Pharmacist Association (2286/14)
Prof. Dr. Bashir Ahmad
Riphah Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Riphah International University, Lahore, Pakistan
Contact no. +92 300 4250948
Prof. Dr. Sajid bashir
Professor / Chairman, Faculty of Pharmacy
The University of Sargodha, Pakistan
Contact no. +92-3009389717
Assistant professor of Pharmacology
Faculty of Pharmacy
The University of Sargodha, Pakistan
Contact no. +92-0343-7547785
University of central punjab Faculty of Pharmacy