Ms Saima Bhaur has secured her MPhil degree in English Language Teaching (ELT) from Kinnaird College, Lahore and Masters in English Literature from Government College, Lahore. She has over 15 years of teaching experience at the graduate and postgraduate levels. She has been associated with FC College and conducted courses in Academic Writing for Executive Masters in Public Policy and Governance. Her responsibilities included reviewing/editing academic and project papers. She has also taught Functional English and Communication Skills at FAST University, Lahore Campus and at UMT.
- Basic English Writing (BEW)
- Advanced English Writing (AEW)
- Reading Comprehension (R&C)
- Communication Skills
- Advanced English Writing II (AEW II)
- MPhil in English Language Teaching (ELT), Kinnaird College, Lahore
- Masters in English Literature, Govermnet College University, Lahore
- Bachelors in English Literature, Kinnaird College, Lahore
Effective academic writing and excelling in communication skills.
Summary of Experience
- Over 15 years’ experience in teaching English language, enabling students to communicate effectively in English language.
- Extensive experience of managing classes of mixed ability and equipping the students to learn how best to use English language to express their thoughts in professional and personal writing and speaking.
- Proven ability to teach, motivate and direct students to maximize their learning and performance by encouraging a positive learning environment.
- Demonstrated experience of providing technology enabled learning to the students to provide them with a variety of learning experiences, enriching their listening and comprehension skills along with the speaking and writing skills.
- Successfully conducted one on one coaching support for students with additional needs for learning.
- Proven ability to use innovative teaching methodologies including mock interviews, class debates, discussion rooms, etc. for a more comprehensive learning experience for the students.
- Successfully piloted new course designs and approaches for the BBA students with marked learning ability improvements among the students.
|2008 to date||Lecturer, Program Coordinator, CELGE, UCP BS||University of Central Punjab, Lahore|
|2010 to 2013||Visiting Faculty
||Forman Christian College University, Lahore|
|2012 to 2014||Visiting Faculty||National University of Computer Sciences (FAST)|
|2011 to 2012||Visiting Faculty||University of Management and Technology, Lahore|
|2003 to 2007||Teacher and Consultant||The Institute of Legal Studies|
|2000 to 2002||
|ARTSAGA.com, a project of H. Karim Buksh, Lahore|
|1998 to 2000||Business Coordinator||Publicis Ad Agency, Lahore|
|1993 to 1997||English Teacher||Bloomfield Hall School & University College Lahore|
Selected Relevant Experience
- Lecturer at the University of Central Punjab, Lahore (2008 to date)
At Center for English Language and General Education (CELGE), UCP BS I design, coordinate and manage English courses for students pursuing their Bachelors and Masters in Business Administration (BBA & MBA). Introduced standardized course plans, developed curricula including course outlines, prepared course packs, planned and monitored the course delivery, procured resource persons and allocated courses to the hired personnel according to their specific area of research and expertise. Am also leading the design and launch of the UCP Writing Center (WritCen), an outfit of BS, managed by CELGE. It shall provide need based crisp coaching and training sessions to the BBA and MBA students from outgoing semesters at Business School enabling students to overcome any inhibitions in using language confidently beating all impediments in securing better jobs for themselves when they pass out from the university.
- Forman Christian College University, Lahore (2010 to 2013)
At FCCU taught Communicating Public Policy to the students of Executive Masters in Public Policy, a targeted program based on building language skills for mid-career executives from government and private-sector organizations. The course includes a dedicated module for language improvement and handholding support in the process of thesis writing.
- University of Management and Technology, Lahore (2011-2012)
At UMT, I taught English Language to students who were pursuing Bachelors in Science and Software Engineering (BS SE). Since students represented various cultural backgrounds, the biggest challenge was to address their needs and provide relevant coaching in the identified weaker areas. The course is designed to teach students the mechanics of grammar and composition using audio visual aids.
- The Institute of Legal Studies, Lahore (2003 to 2007)
Taught as well as consulted for course design for the institute, enabling a more focused learning for the students of Law in acquiring English language skills pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- ARTSAGA.COM, Lahore (2000 to 2002)
Worked as Marketing Manager for an e-commerce project of M/s H. Karim Bakhsh called ArtSaga. Created descriptions of the art products to be sold online to the international market.
- Business Coordinator, Publicis Ad Agency, Lahore (1998 to 2000)
In this capacity I prepared copies for Ads of local as well as multinational clients of the Ad agency which included M/s Nestle, Worldcall, Volvo, Ericsson, British Airways, SMEDA, Association of Sugar manufacturers, Service Industries, Michelin tyres.
- Bloomfield Hall School & University College, Lahore (1993 to 1997)
Taught English Language and Literature at University College Lahore, (Bloomfield Hall School) which is affiliated with University College London, UK. I initiated co-curricular activities in the institution and directed various stage plays, designed and organized various graduation ceremonies for the institution which were held at Alhmra Cultural Complex, Lahore. Acted as Student Advisor.
- 2015 – Forman Christian College University Journal
Article titled Is Linguistic Culture deep rooted in Language Policy? A Reflective Analysis of Harold Schiffman’ article, Language Policy and Linguistic Culture, http://cppg.fccollege.edu.pk/is-linguistic-culture-deep-rooted-in-language-policy-a-reflective-analysis-of-harold-schiffmans-article-language-policy-and-linguistic-culture/
- 2016 – Unpublished
The Use of the Technological Language Influences the academic English Among Adolescent Learners in Pakistan (given in for publication)
- 2014 – Unpublished Article
Impact of Multilingualism & its Advantages/ Disadvantages in English Language Classrooms of Public & Private Sectors in Pakistan
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab