Ms. Muniba Fatima Zahra is specialized in Communication Theory and Research. She has working experience in various fields like DGPR, Print Media, Event Management and teaching in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication. She is Distinction holder in her M.Sc. and M.Phil. Currently she is a PhD Scholar at University of Central Punjab
PhD (Mass Communication). University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
M.Phil (Mass Communication) 2009. University of Sargodha.
B.Ed. 2007. A.I.O.U, Islamabad.
M.Sc (Mass Communication) 2007. University of Sargodha.
B.Sc (Arts) 2005. University of Sargodha.
September 2014 – date. Lecturer, University of Central Punjab.
September 2013 – September 2014. Lecturer, University of Sargodha.
September 2011 – March 2013. Teacher, Lahore Grammar School.
August 2009 – August 2010. News Writer, Directorate Public Relations.
August 2007 – August 2008. Subject Specialist, Arafa Girls College, Lahore.
Honors and Awards
- Availed UCP’s Merit Scholarship upon completion of Ph.D coursework.
- Completed course work of Ph.D with 95 CGPA,
- 2nd position in M.Phil. (Silver Medal)
- 3rd position in Masters. (Bronze Medal)
- Member Board of Faculty School of Media and Communication Studies
Brief Statement of Research Interest
Need of Children Media in Pakistan
Effects of crimes coverage on public
Exposure to Crime Reporting as Predictor of Perceived Stress and Mood among Youth, Pakistan Journal of Criminology, HEC Recognized Journal: Category Y
(In Process, Received First Blind Peer Review)
- Exposure to Crime Reporting as Predictor of Perceived Stress and Mood among Youth, Pakistan Journal of Criminology, HEC Recognized Journal:Category Y, (In Process, Received First Blind Peer Review)
- Latent Cost of Caring: Social Networking Sites based Emotions-Sharing and Mental Health of University Students (Paper accepted for international journalism conference 2017)
- Co Author of Effects of Violent Video Games in Instilling Aggressive Behavior Among School Going Childre(Paper accepted for international journalism conference 2017)
University of central punjab School of Media and Communication Studies