- Pakistan Bar Council: Member for two consecutive terms: 1984 through 1995
- Pakistan Bar Council: Chairman Executive Committee 3rd May 1990 to 24th April 1991.
- Pakistan Bar Council: Vice Chairman, July l 1988 through January 25th 1991
- Lahore High Court Bar Association: President, 1983-1984
- Co-Chairperson All Pakistan Lawyer’s Action Committee: 1983-1986
- Member Executive: Pakistan Supreme Court Bar, 1967
- Lahore High Court Bar Association: Secretary 1960-1961
- Several times Member Executive Committee of Lahore High Court Bar Association since 1960
- SYED AFZAL HAIDER AND ASSOCIATES, Lahore, Founder and Senior Partner 1959 to 2014
Legal Advisor Pakpattan Central Cooperative Bank Ltd: Pakpattan
Law Office: Sheikh Bashir Ahmed, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court, Lahore 1958- 1959
Law Offices of Senior Advocates Syed Muhammad Shah & Muhammad Sarwar Shah, Pakpattan, Pakistan, 1956-1958.
Continuous legal practice since January 1956
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Quaid-e-Azam Law College 12.2005 on completing 50 years of Legal Practice and Human Rights work.
- Ambassador of Peace Award 2001 given by the International Federation for World Peace, New York, USA
- Supreme Court of Pakistan conferred the status of “Senior Advocate”
- Bhai Vir Singh Award: New Delhi, 1992.
- Professor of the year Award in 1998, 1999, 2001 at Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore, Pakistan
- King Scout: In the Jambooree held in Sahiwal in the year 1946
- Pride of Punjab awarded by the Punjab Government in February 2017
- Author of the Final Report under Article 230(4) of the Constitution of Pakistan which after approval by the Council of Islamic Ideology was presented before the Parliament and the Provincial Assemblies of Pakistan in 1996.
- Report on Jail Reforms as member of Council of Islamic
- FIR; Prison Report 1983-1984: Presented before Lahore High Court Bar, Lahore
- Review of Laws promulgated from August 1973 to 2008: Council of Islamic
- Seminar held under the auspices of Pakistan Chapter of the Inter-religious International Federation for World Peace and Family Federation for World Peace
- Keynote speaker of the Seminar on Religious Harmony held under the auspices of Inter-religious Federation for World Peace in November 2000
- Keynote speaker at seminar held by Masood Khaddar Posh Trust on the topic of Obstacles in Development of Punjabi Language in Pakistan
- Speaker at the World Media Conference-Media in the New Millennium 15-17 January 2001 Tokyo,
- Attended International Conference on Interfaith harmony, New York, S.A. 2001 June.
- Guest speaker at Rotary Club of Pakistan, Lahore on a number of occasions on different subjects
- Pakistan Philosophical Society, Guest Speaker at the annual functions held on 25 December, 1998 and December, 2010 to celebrate the birth anniversary of Quaid e-Azam, the founder of Pakistan, with emphasis on his ideals about Pakistan