Syeda Ayesha Sheeraz
Syeda Ayesha Sheeraz has done MS in Clinical & Counseling Psychology from Beaconhouse National University with ‘Distinction’. She was awarded with Gold Medal in MSc Clinical Psychology and graduated as the Valedictorian of class 2011.
She has gained her professional experience in the field of Psychology by working in various clinical settings and in well renowned educational institutions/universities of Lahore for the past four and a half years. She is a professional who understand the dynamics of human cognitive and behavioral psychology and has special interests in dealing various mental disorders along with self-esteem and confidence building and adjustment problems in marital relationship and adolescents. Her areas of research interest includes marital relationships, pre and postnatal depression and anxiety in women, parenting and its psychological implication on their children.
- MS Clinical Placement III
- Consumer Behavior
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
To pursue a highly rewarding career, & to succeed in an environment of growth and excellence where I can utilize my skills and knowledge efficiently to achieve organizational goals.
MS in Clinical Counseling Psychology
Beaconhouse National University
2009 – 2011
MSc Clinical Psychology
Beaconhouse National University (Gold Medalist & Valedictorian)
2002 – 2004
Graduation (Bachelor of Arts)
Kinnaird College for Women Lahore.
2000 – 2002
Kinnaird College for Women Lahore.
Defense Public School
University of Central Punjab (UCP)
Permanent faculty September 2016– Present
Visiting Lecturer, October 2013 –June 2016
MS Clinical program :Psychological Assessment, Adult Psychopathology, Neuropsychology
M-Phil Mass MediaPhilosophy to Social Sciences
BS in Applied Psychology:Muslim Psychology, Bio-Psychology, Positive psychology
BBA:Research Methodology, Introduction to Psychology
Bahauddin Zakariya University (BZU Lahore Campus)
Assistant Prof- Program In-Charge, November 2013 – July 2016
- ADCP: Psychological Assessment, Psycho Diagnosis, Internship & Report Writing, Therapeutic Interventions
- BS & MSc Psychology: Abnormal Psychology, Psychometric Testing, Cognitive Psychology, Islamic Perspective in Psychology, Cross Cultural Psychology
Bahria University Lahore Campus
Visiting lecturer – spring 2016
Specialist Poly Clinic (Lahore)
Family Counselor/Therapist, October 2011 – February 2014
CSS Training Program
World Times Academy: Jahangir Publishers, December 2014 -Present
Conduct workshops & psychological assessment for training and preparing CSS & PMS Candidates for their final interview, Batch 2014 & 2015
Guest appearance on Aplus Tv, ATv, Bol Tv
Radio FM 103, October 2014
Topic: Behavioral Issues in Children & Their Etiological Factors
Radio Pakistan FM 98, September 2016
Topic: Psychological abuse in women
Radio 92.6 , 10, march 2017
Topic: Behavioral Problems in youth
RESEARCH WORK/ CONFERENCE PRESENTATION
“Perceived Parenting & Self Efficacy of Young Adults”, 14th International Conference of Psychology, at Punjab University, March 2015, The Current Challenges for Psychology: From Crisis to Sustainable Solutions.
“Prevalence and risk factors of Postpartum Depression”, 1st International Conference at Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, March 2016, Current Trends in Psychology: Security Issues in Pakistan & its Psychological Implications.
“A comparative study of emotional intelligence, self -esteem and perceived stress among smokers and non-smokers” 3rd International Multidisciplinary Research Conference: Global Prosperity Through Research and Innovation., January 2017, Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology Peshawar.
“The relationship of emotional intelligence with sleep disturbances among university students”, 3rd International Multidisciplinary Research Conference: Global Prosperity Through Research and Innovation., January 2017, Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology Peshawar,
“Relationship of personality traits with social anxiety in adolescents”, 3rd International Multidisciplinary Research Conference: Global Prosperity Through Research and Innovation., January 2017, Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology Peshawar.
ACHIEVEMENTS / CO – CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- Certificate of Distinction for best thesis in Clinical & Counseling Psychology 2013
- Dean’s Honors List 2009-2013
- Winner, Inter Collegiate Swimming Championship, Punjab University 2003 -2004
- 2nd position, Inter Collegiate English Debates, with Team trophy 2003
- Drama Line (Dramatic Society at LUMS ) 2003
- Dramatics (Najmuddin Dramatics Society, Kinnaird College) 2003
- Annual Swimming Gala (Kinnaird College ) 2001- 2004
CONFERENCES & WORKSHOPS
- 1st International Conference at Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan, March 2016, Current Trends in Psychology: Security Issues in Pakistan & its Psychological Implications.
- 5th International Conference on Educational Psychology. Organized by National Institute of Psychology, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad 13th November 2014
- 14th International Conference of Psychology, at Punjab University, The Current Challenges for Psychology: From Crisis to Sustainable Solutions. 2015
- Training workshop on data analysis, UCP Business School (Sep 28-29) 2016
- Work shop on Introduction to Hypothesis Testing, Dept of Psychology, BNU 2013
- Neuro Linguistic Programming, by Dr Iftikhar, CEITAC- Transforming Lives 2012
- Personality Development, Department of Psychology, BNU 2010
042-35880007 Ext: 409
Faculty of Psychology, University of Central Punjab