Mr Tahir Saleem is currently serving as Assistant Professor, at University of Central Punjab, Lahore. Before joining University of Central Punjab, he has served for seven years in Army Burn Hall College for Boys, Abbottabad, and for three and half years in the University of Lahore, Gujrat campus. Recently, he has submitted his PhD thesis for final evaluation at Air University, Islamabad with specialization in Linguistics (Interlanguage Pragmatics). He has actively participated in national and international conferences. He has quite vigorously been engaged in publishing his research work in the national and international journals. A number of students have completed their M. Phil. under his supervision.
1. Language Testing
2. Semantic and Pragmatic
3. Literature in Translation
4. Theories of Language Description
5. Assessment of Language Skills
PhD. (2018) Sociocultural Transfer in English-using Pakistanis Apology Responses
Air University, Islamabad (Thesis Submitted)
M.Phil English (2014)
Hazara University, Mansehra
MA ELTL (2007)
University of the Punjab
MA English (2005)
University of the Punjab
THE UNIVERSITY OF LAHORE
Assistant Professor (Sept 5, 2014 – till-date)
- Have worked as HoD of English linguistics and Literature from Sept 2014 to 2016
- Have been working as Deputy HoD from Aug, 2016 to date
- Have worked as Program Advisor of M.Phil. Applied Ling & Lit from October 2016 to Aug, 2017
- Have taught 5 core courses of linguistics and literature to the students of M.Phil linguistics and literature for more than 8 times during last four years.
- Have supervised more than 10 MPhil theses during this period.
- Have consistently been rated among the best by my students through the feedback system
- Have consistently been working as Campus sports coordinator
- Have been the editor of Campus newsletter
ARMY BURN HALL COLLEGE FOR BOYS ABBOTTABAD
Lecturer (BPS-17) in English (March 17, 2008- Oct 31, 2014)
- I have been one of the best House Masters of the college years 2010, 2011 &2013.
- I worked as the Program Coordinator for ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels English.
- I took care of the part of program related to language.
- I also received best teacher award twice in years 2010 and year 2011 for producing outstanding results in Board Exams.
- I have consistently been rated among the best teachers by my students through feedback system.
- I have worked as the officer in-charge of college football team
- I have worked as the officer in-charge of college newsletter
- I have worked as the officer in-charge of English literary society at ABHC
- Aziz, A., Maqsood, B., Saleem, T., Azam, S. (2018). The Comparative study of Wh-movement in Urdu and English Language. International Journal of English Linguistics. 8(5).
- Aziz, A., Maqsood, B., Saleem, T., Azam, S. (2018). The investigation of Pragmatic Transfer in the Realization of the speech act of Congratulations by Punjabi EFL Learners. International Journal of English 8(5).
- Saleem, T., Anjum, U. (2018). Positive and negative politeness: A crosscultural study of apology responses by British English and Pakistani Urdu speakers. International Journal of English Linguistics. 8(5).
- Slaeem, T., Azam., S. (in press). Teaching Pragmatic Competence: A Case of Pragmatic Transfer in Punjabi- speaking University Students Compliment Responses. Journal of Research & Reflections in Education
- Saleem,T., Basharat., A. (in press). A Lacanian Reading of Ashes, Wine and Dust: The Mourning Subject of Desire. New Horizons (HEC Recognized Journal)
- Saleem, T., Anjum, U. (in press). Impact of Social Power on the Performance and Perception of English-using Pakistanis Pragmatic Transfer of Apology Responses. (accepted in X category journal)
- Saleem, T., Anjum, U. (in press). Caught between Two Cultures: Pragmatic Transfer in English-using Pakistanis Apology Responses. Journal of Social Sciences, QAU. (Accepted)
- Saleem, T., Azam, S. (in press). Breaking the Conventional Modesty: Sociocultural Transfer in English-using Pakistanis Apology Strategies. Journal of Research in Social Sciences, NUML. (Accepted)
- Saleem, T., Azam, S. (in press). The Use of Apology Strategies in English by Pakistani EFL University Students in Pakistan. International Journal of English Linguistics. (Accepted)
Conferences Paper Presented
- Paper titled: ‘Schematic Rhetorical Analysis of Job Advertisements of English Newspapers in Pakistan’ was presented in ‘International Conference on Emerging Trends of Researching in Language and Literature’ held on 24-25 Dec, 2015 in Air University, Islamabad.
- Paper titled: ‘Caught between Two Cultures: Pragmatic Transfer in English-using Pakistanis Apology Responses’ was presented in ‘Two Days International Conference: Problems and Challenges to English Language Teaching Reforms in Religious Madrassas Of Pakistan’ held on 15-16 Nov , 2017 in University of Malakan, KPK.
- Paper titled: ‘Impact of Social Power on the Performance and Perception of English-using Pakistanis Pragmatic Transfer of Apology Responses’ was presented in ‘2nd International Conference on Linguistics & Literature’ held on Dec 6-8, 2017 in Islamia University, Bahawalpur.
Conferences Paper Submitted
- Paper titled: ‘Positive and Negative Face Threats: A Cross-cultural Study of Apology Responses by British and Pakistani Speakers’ is submitted in ‘34th South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable’ is going to be held on June 19-21, 2018, Konstanz, Germany
- Paper titled: ‘Comparing Apology Responses in Hindhko and Punjabi: Cultural and Gender Perspectives’ is submitted in ‘3rd Kashmir International Conference on Linguistics, is going to be held on April 16-17, 2018 in Department of English and Institute of Languages, The University of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan
- Attended Two Weeks workshop on Teaching English at Secondary level held in IER, PU on July 17, 2007
- Attended online Eight weeks workshop on Assessment of Language skills for ‘A’ levels conducted under the auspices of Cambridge University in Aug, 2010.
- Attended One Day workshop on Corpus Linguistics workshop held in Air University conducted by Dr Bennet Vincent from Coventry University, UK on Dec 17, 2015
+92-42-35880007 Ext: 674
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Central Punjab