Why School of Media and Communication Studies (SMCS)?
If you are passionate about your goals, we have some of the best facilities to help you achieve your potential.
- Only Private sector University to have NOC from HEC for its MPhil and PhD programs in Media Studies.
- The First ever state of the art in house Production House/TV Studio. An ideal opportunity for students to get hand on training to produce news bulletins, news reports, short films, documentaries and different other programs.
- The biggest state of the Art Non Linear Editing (NLE) Lab of Pakistan for Editing and Graphic Designing purposes, equipped with 40 I Mac systems, having the latest editing soft wares installed on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- FM Radio 92.6, UCP Ki Dunya with 24/7 transmission.
- Potential partnership opportunities with Arizona State University (ASU) and Communication University of China (CUC).
- 04 Different Specializations including Electronic Media, Print, PR and Advertising And Research.
- Quarterly Newsletter ‘Communication Times’
- Center for training and Research (CTR) the best possible research based facility for the research groups, faculty members as well as the MPhil and PHD Scholars of SMCS.
- Film and Theater Center (FTC) for the purpose of screening of the video projects of the students.
- PhD Discussion Rooms
- State of the Art Class rooms and infrastructure
- In-house Internship opportunities for students in our Production House/TV station, NLE lab and FM Radio 92.6, UCP Ki Dunya, Dunya TV, Dunya News and Lahore TV.
- Outdoor Internship and career opportunities for our students in leading TV channels, newspapers, PR and Advertising agencies, Radio stations and in different other media outlets.
- Project partner of ASU & US State Department to Improve Election Coverage in Pakistan.