In case of flu-like symptoms, students are advised to stay home, self-isolate and notify the University immediately.
We shall be keeping our students and staff members updated regarding latest news and guidelines on our web page, hence, all are requested to check the said page regularly.
Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses responsible for causing illness ranging from common cold to more severe diseases like MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV.
The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19. This is a new strain that has not been previously identified in humans and does not currently have vaccine or known treatment.
Symptoms of COVID–19 include:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty in breathing
Please note that inn severe cases, the said infection can cause pneumonia and severe acute respiratory syndrome.
- Cleanse the hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. This shall kill the viruses that may be present on the hands.
- While coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose and encourage others to do the same.
- Consume more proteins including; meat and eggs.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth unnecessarily as this might cause the virus to spread. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter the human body and can make one fall sick.
- It is best to stay at home in case of flu/fever or any other similar conditions. Seek immediate medical attention, if you have a fever, cough and/or experience a difficulty in breathing.
- Avoid unnecessary travelling.
- Avoid congregating in large groups.