November 2014 – date. Office of the Prosecutor General Accountability, Pakistan.
January 2014 – November 2014. Deputy Attorney General, Pakistan.
June 2009 – January 2014. Office of the Advocate General, Punjab, Pakistan.
February 2008 – June 2009. National Accountability Bureau, Punjab, Pakistan.
July 2006 – July 2007. Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan, Pakistan.
Visiting Faculty at:
- Civil Services Academy, Lahore
- Punjab Judicial Academy, Lahore
- Directorate of Training Income Tax, Lahore, Government of Pakistan
- Punjab Law College
- Superior College of Law, Lahore, Pakistan
- Pakistan College of Law, Lahore, Pakistan
- Life Member Supreme Court Bar Association
- Life Member Lahore High Court Bar Association
- Life Member Lahore Bar Association
- First GEI Conference of Environment Stellenbosch 1996 (South Africa)
- IBA Conference on Human Rights Lahore 1998 (Pakistan)
- ASK Conference on Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering 2002 (Dubai)
- NAB Punjab Workshop on White Collar Crimes, Money Laundering, Investigation and Prosecution at Administrative Staff College, Lahore 2003 (Pakistan)
- NAB International Convention on Anti Corruption Islamabad 2004 (Pakistan)
- NAB Conference on a Corruption in South Asia November 2014 at PC Hotel Lahore (Pakistan).
- Represented Pakistan as Prosecutor General Accountability in 2nd Prosecutors/ Attorney Generals Conference of ECO States at Antalya, Turkey 2015.
- 7th Session of the UNCAC Implementation Review Group (20 – 24 June, 2016) at Vienna, Austria.
LL.M. Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Visiting professor of law, National Law College Lahore (1991-92)
- Visiting professor of Law, Quaid-E-Azam Law College Lahore (1995-2000)
- Visiting professor of law Punjab Law College/UCPLC
- Visiting lecturer Civil Services Academy, DMG Campus, Lahore.
- Resource Person MPDD
- Resource Person Federal Judicial Academy, Islamabad.
- Resource Person Punjab Judicial Academy, Lahore
- Consultant/Trainer of Punjab Prosecutors
- Worked as Civil Judge from May 1977 to June 1985.
- Worked as Additional District & Sessions Judge from October 1995 to May 1996.
- Worked as Additional District & Sessions Judge from May 2000 to June 2002.
- Worked as Assistant Draftsman Law & Parliamentary Affairs Department, Government of the Punjab (1988-1995). The work included: Drafting of subordinate legislation and Vetting of International Agreements.
- 12th training Course in Sharia and Fiqh at the International Islamic university Islamabad. (1987)
- Course in Arabic language at the Institute of Higher Studies in Sharia conducted by Madina University at the Academy of Higher Studies in Sharia 199-J Model Town, Lahore (1990).
- Workshop on Human Rights Education at NIPA (28th to 30th August 1997)
- Workshop on Police Reforms at NIPA, Lahore (1998)
- ISDLS training at Lahore (1998)
- Study of the operation of Pakistan-U.S. judicial systems arranged by Institute for the Study and Development of Legal Systems San Francisco California, USA (June 1-10, 1998)
- Training program on “Judicial Mediation” led by David E. Lombardi, Chief Circuit Mediator United States Court of Appeals at the American Centre, Lahore. (February 1-5, 1998)
- Computer in the help of ADR Course at American Centre, Lahore (1999)
- ADR Training by Robert Rack at American Centre, Lahore (2000)
- Pakistan Bar Council: Member for two consecutive terms: 1984 through 1995
- Pakistan Bar Council: Chairman Executive Committee 3rd May 1990 to 24th April 1991.
- Pakistan Bar Council: Vice Chairman, July l 1988 through January 25th 1991
- Lahore High Court Bar Association: President, 1983-1984
- Co-Chairperson All Pakistan Lawyer’s Action Committee: 1983-1986
- Member Executive: Pakistan Supreme Court Bar, 1967
- Lahore High Court Bar Association: Secretary 1960-1961
- Several times Member Executive Committee of Lahore High Court Bar Association since 1960
- SYED AFZAL HAIDER AND ASSOCIATES, Lahore, Founder and Senior Partner 1959 to 2014
Legal Advisor Pakpattan Central Cooperative Bank Ltd: Pakpattan
Law Office: Sheikh Bashir Ahmed, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court, Lahore 1958- 1959
Law Offices of Senior Advocates Syed Muhammad Shah & Muhammad Sarwar Shah, Pakpattan, Pakistan, 1956-1958.
Continuous legal practice since January 1956
Honors and Awards
- Lifetime Achievement Award from Quaid-e-Azam Law College 12.2005 on completing 50 years of Legal Practice and Human Rights work.
- Ambassador of Peace Award 2001 given by the International Federation for World Peace, New York, USA
- Supreme Court of Pakistan conferred the status of “Senior Advocate”
- Bhai Vir Singh Award: New Delhi, 1992.
- Professor of the year Award in 1998, 1999, 2001 at Quaid-e-Azam Law College, Lahore, Pakistan
- King Scout: In the Jambooree held in Sahiwal in the year 1946
- Pride of Punjab awarded by the Punjab Government in February 2017
- Author of the Final Report under Article 230(4) of the Constitution of Pakistan which after approval by the Council of Islamic Ideology was presented before the Parliament and the Provincial Assemblies of Pakistan in 1996.
- Report on Jail Reforms as member of Council of Islamic
- FIR; Prison Report 1983-1984: Presented before Lahore High Court Bar, Lahore
- Review of Laws promulgated from August 1973 to 2008: Council of Islamic
- Seminar held under the auspices of Pakistan Chapter of the Inter-religious International Federation for World Peace and Family Federation for World Peace
- Keynote speaker of the Seminar on Religious Harmony held under the auspices of Inter-religious Federation for World Peace in November 2000
- Keynote speaker at seminar held by Masood Khaddar Posh Trust on the topic of Obstacles in Development of Punjabi Language in Pakistan
- Speaker at the World Media Conference-Media in the New Millennium 15-17 January 2001 Tokyo,
- Attended International Conference on Interfaith harmony, New York, S.A. 2001 June.
- Guest speaker at Rotary Club of Pakistan, Lahore on a number of occasions on different subjects
- Pakistan Philosophical Society, Guest Speaker at the annual functions held on 25 December, 1998 and December, 2010 to celebrate the birth anniversary of Quaid e-Azam, the founder of Pakistan, with emphasis on his ideals about Pakistan
PhD (Arabic) 1991. Sind University, Pakistan.
PhD (Islamic Culture) 1980. Sind University, Pakistan.
M.A (Urdu) 1970. Punjab University, Pakistan.
LL.B 1962, Punjab University, Pakistan.
Dip. (Pharmacy) 1960. Dow Medical College, Pakistan.
BA 1960. Sind Muslim Arts College, Karachi University, Pakistan.
- Served in judiciary for 35years
- Civil Judge and Magistrate First Class, Ghotki ,Sukkur(1966-68)
- Assistant Draftsman to Govt of Pakistan(1968-73)
- Civil Judge Jhelum(1973-75)
- Deputy Registrar(Rules), Lhore High Court(1975-79)
- Additional District and Sessions Judge, Attock((1979-80),Rawalpindi(1981)Lahore(1981)
- Member Inspection Team Lhr. High Court(1982-86)
- District and Session Judge,Bhakkar(1986-87), Khushab(1987-88)
- Member National Industrial Relations Commisions Govt. of Pakistan(1988-92)
- Solicitor to Govt. of Punjab(1992-96)
- Judge of the Lahore High Court(1996-2001)
- Chairman Provincial Zakat Council(2001-03)
- Chairman, RPC DATA GANJ BAKSH(2002)
- Admnistrative Judge of Anti terrorist Court(2001-2002)
- Member Council of Islamic Ideology Govt. Pakistan(2004-2010)
- Legal Advisor, Pepco/Wapda(2003-2010)
- Visiting Profesor,Punjab Universitry, Law College(LL.B,LL.M,Ph.D)(2001 onwards)
- Visiting Profesor ,Superior University(LL.B,LL.M,Ph.D)(2001 onwards)
- Visiting Profesor Pakistan Law College,(LL.B)(2001 onward)
- Member Board of Advance Studies Govt. College University,Minhaj University(2001 onward)
- Member Law Committee PULC(2010 onward)
- Remained Associated with PTV,PBC,FPSC,PPSC,CEC,BZ University,Sindh University,Punjab University,Minhaj University ,Superior University, International Islamic University.
- Auther of many Books and Articles in English and Urdu on subjects of Law and Eco,Socio and etc..
September 2008 – date. Consultation Office, Lahore, Pakistan.
September 2005 – September 2008. Chairman, Punjab Service Tribunal.
March 2002 – September 2005. Judge, Lahore High Court, Lahore, Pakistan.
March 1996 – March 2005. District and Session Judge.
July 1985 – 1996. Additional District and Sessions Judge.
December 2982 – July 1985. Senior Civil Judge, Bahawalpur, Pakistan.
1983 – 1985. Served in Law Department, Government of the Punjab,Pakistan.
May 1971 – 1983. Civil Judge, Multan and Lahore and Sheikhupura, Pakistan.
June 1967 – April 1971. Advocate, West Pakistan Bar Council, Lahore, Pakistan.
042-35880007 Ext: 421
Faculty of Sciences, University of Central Punjab