Professionals who have a Pharm.D with M.Phil. & Ph.D. degrees are in great demand in the various areas of Pharmaceutical research and development (R&D). Research in the Pharmaceutics Department encompasses basic, applied, and clinical investigation in pharmacokinetics/ Biopharmaceutics, pharmaceutical analysis, pharmaceutical technology, biotechnology drug delivery and herbal medicines.
Faculty of Pharmacy has already launched M.Phil.in Pharmacy (Pharmaceutics), offering graduates of pharmaceutics a career pathway of their choice in their major discipline. Our core ideology is “to provide leadership in advancing the quality of pharmacy education at all levels” is reflected in the teaching, research and service activities while the Pharmaceutics has a ready job market, but still using the university’s existing links with industry and business, the program will create space for its graduates through internships, placements and job fairs.
This is a professional degree which equips the graduates to work in their chosen field with confidence, theoretical foundation and practical skills.
M.PHIL. PHARMACY (Pharmaceutics)The university has also started M.Phil. in Pharmaceutics, whereas post graduate programs in various disciplines of pharmacy profession are in progress.
- Sr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 2Research Methodology, Seminar & Project WritingPHPT60233
- At least 2.00 CGPA in semester system or 50% marks in annual system in Pharm. D/B-Pharm degree from HEC and PCP recognized institute. Test/Interview will be conducted as per UCP admission policy. .
- Other conditions as prescribed by the HEC and PCP for the degree program.
- New Drug Discovery Research (NDDR): Discovering a new drug has assumed prime importance.
- Process Development (P&D): One of the important areas in bulk drugs industry is developing viable processes for the manufacturing of drugs and intermediates for their commercial production.
- Formulation & Development (F&D): The success of any pharmaceutical company lies in the quality of its products, i.e., its formulations & dosage forms.
- Clinical Trials, Bioequivalence studies, Toxicological Studies: These are some of the areas of clinical research, which are in high demand, as they are involved in the systematic evaluation of potential drug substances prior to getting them approved by the authorities.
Mphil Pharmaceutics ( 2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1MPhil Pharmaceutics25,00013,00030415,000
A Student will register for each Semester during the Thesis work and will pay Fee of one Course for each Semester. A student Registered for MS/MPhil Thesis will have to pay minimum fee equal to two courses and a student registered in Ph.D Thesis will have to pay minimum fee equal to four courses.
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.