Aims and Objectives: The major aims and objectives of the curriculum of Statistics are to adapt the curriculum to meet the international standards.
- To provide a sound footing of the subject matter of statistical theory with applications, so that the students can pursue higher degrees and research in the field of statistics.
- To train the students in the use of statistical software and techniques of data collection and analysis so that they can compete in the job market.
- To involve the students in research project so that they can be better trained in the field of research.
- To develop a solid foundation for the effective operational and strategic decisions based on statistical theory and methodology in almost every discipline.
Year 1, Semester 1S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Introductory Statistics3
- 2English-I (Functional English)2
- 3Pakistan Studies3
Year 1, Semester 2S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Islamic Studies2
- 3Introduction to probability distribution3
- 5General -III4
- 6General âIV3
Year 2, Semester 3S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Basic Statistical Inference3
- 3Introduction to computer3
Year 2, Semester 4S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Applied Statistics3
- 2Introduction to Regression Analysis and Experimental Design3
- 3Communication skills3
- 4Linear Algebra3
Year 3, Semester 5S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Probability Distribution -13
- 2Sampling Technique-14
- 3Design and Analysis of Experiment-14
- 4Regression Analysis4
- 5Statistical packages3
Year 3, Semester 6S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Probability Distribution -1I3
- 2Sampling Technique-1I4
- 3Design and Analysis of Experiment-1I4
- 5Official statistics3
Year 4, Semester 7, Semester 8S. No. Course Cr. Hrs
- 1Statistical Inferences âII3
- 2Population Studies4
- 3Research project3
- 4Elective âIII3
BS Statistics ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester