Asad Umar Khan
Mission Statement: “ Professional Competency in rendering Quality Education”
I have earned my Master Degree in Physics with Electronics from the University of Faisalabad having more then 20 years of Graduate and Post-graduate teaching, research, students Academic and educational management experience and during this tenure managed international conferences and Faculty Development programs.
My main professional competencies include:
- Teaching and Training of the students at various levels.
- Development and up gradation of new Electronics Project labs according to HEC & PEC standards.
- Development of course modules , Study guides and CBTS.
- Development of Educational training kits, Prototypes and Project Simulations
- Organizing International Conferences, seminars and Faculty development programs.
- Development of MIS(Management Information Systems) for Academic and Students Management.
Presently, I am working as Adjunct Faculty member /Assistant Professor in well reputed organizations and universities at Lahore, Pakistan. I have good command on English language Having the honor to develop new Electronics simulations based labs in chartered Universities and set the standards according to International patterns and curricula.
- Applied Physics for Engineers (Physics-1).
- Basic Electronics (Physics-2)
- Digital Computer Electronics.
- Digital Logic design and Computer Architecture.
- Digital systems to B-Tech Honor students
- Medical Physics to Medical Technology.
- Medical Electronics
- Industrial Electronics
- Bio-Medical Instrumentation
- Advanced Communication Systems
Personal philosophy, leadership style & approach to work
My personal philosophy is to serve the institution with dedication and hard work according to ethical principles and values, personal integrity and respect for the rights and integrity of all colleagues, staff, and students ,open to innovative ideas and enjoy innovative projects and challenging jobs as a team player and keen to learn from others.
- Nov 6, 1994 – Nov 20, 1994.
Post-Graduate Training in Nuclear and other advanced Techniques in Agricultural and Biological Research at NIAB.
- 1990 – 1993. M. Sc. Physics with Electronics
Department of Physics/Electronics, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad Pakistan. Specialization: Digital Electronics
- 1986 – 1989. B. Sc.
Government college of Science, Lahore, Pakistan. Major Subjects: Physics & Mathematics
- 1984 – 1986. F. Sc.
Government college of Science, Lahore, Pakistan. Major Subjects: Physics & Mathematics
ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT POSITIONS
I have considerable experience in Teaching Research leadership and management positions in higher education since 1994. when I first started teaching modules at INMOL as Research Associate in the project of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). Positions I held are as follows:
- Jun., 2007 – Todate. Assistant Professor, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab (UCP), Lahore, Pakistan (www.ucp.edu.pk).
- Sept., 2005 – June, 2007. Assistant Professor, COMSATS(Commission on Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in the South, Lahore, Pakistan(www.ciit.edu.pk).
- October., 2003 – Sep., 2005. Adjunct Faculty/Assistant professor, (GCU) Government College University, Lahore, Pakistan. (www.gcu.edu.pk)
- January., 2003 – April., 2005. Adjunct Faculty/Assistant professor, (PUCIT) Punjab University College of Information Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. (www.pucit.edu.pk)
- Sep., 2000 – Sept., 2003. Assistant professor, Faculty of Information Technology and Software Engineering,(UOL) University of Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jan, 2000 to Oct. 2003. Consultant Medical Physics/Medical Electronics, (FPGMI)Federal Post Graduate Medical Institute Sheikh Zayed Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Dec., 1997 – to Jan, 2000. Consultant Medical Physics/Medical Electronics and Internal Examiner, School of Physiotherapy Mayo Hospital, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Sept, 1996 – Sep. 2000. Adjunct Faculty Member, Faculty of Information Technology, University of Management and Technology (UMAT). Lahore, Pakistan.
- Jan., 1995 – Oct., 1996. Research and Development Officer, MIS Department, Fatima Memorial Hospital (FMH). Lahore,Pakistan.
- Oct., 1993 – Jul., 1994. Research Associate, (INMOL) Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Oncology Atomic Energy Medical Centre Lahore declared as Centre of Excellence by (IAEA) International Atomic Energy Agency.
EXPERIENCE IN ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP AND EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT POSITIONS
Position as Member Departmental Review Committee, Member Purchase, Member Proctorial Board, Member Inquiry Committee and Superintendent Examination at CIIT campus Lahore.
Currently I am teaching to graduate and postgraduate students and supervise their projects. On administration side, I have the honor to be a member of various executive bodies to assists the Project Director and HOD in managing administrative & educational activities for the smooth functioning of the University particularly with regard to the core teaching and learning activities at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. My role is to provide direction and focus on undergraduate as well as Post graduation research , quality education to cover the Theoretical ,Practical and Technical aspects according to International standards. In addition I perform following duties:
- Administrative and Students Academic Management
- Teaching and Training of the students at various levels for Inter universities competition
- Development of Educational Trainings Kits and Prototypes according to curricula proposed by NCEAC &PEC in the Electronics Research Lab.
- Development of CBT’s (Computer Based Trainings), Course Modules and Study Guides.
- Working as member Departmental Review Committee to review departmental affairs and future plans.
- To maintain Discipline in the university as a Member Proctorial Board.
- Contributed as a member organizing committee for CIIT faculty development programs
- Working as a member organizing committee for the commencement of International Schools, Seminars and Conferences in the university.
- To conduct the exams as superintendent examination.
International Conferences /Seminars (Participation)
- November 5 – 9, 19997. 4th International Radiological Conference on” Radiology in 21st century” Radiological society of Pakistan.
- April 3 – 4, 2002. International Nuclear Medicine conference Lahore.
- January 20 – 22, 2006. International conference on Mathematics and its Application
RESEARCH THESIS AND SPECIALIZED TRAININGS
- To set up Quality Control Protocol for Medical Linear Accelerator ML-III at INMOL.
- PGD in Management Information System (MIS) from Computer Science Department University of Punjab Lahore.
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA ) Research Poject:
“ Quality Control of Advanced Nuclear Medicine Instruments primarily based on Computers in Pakistan”.
- Special Techniques for executing Computerized Hospital Information System in Pakistan (HIS).
SEMINAR AND SPECIAL PROBLEMS IN M.Sc
- “Radiation Protection and the effects of ionizing radiations” recommended by IAEA and W.H.O for developing countries.
COMPUTER SKILLS IN HARDWARE, SOFTWARE & MANAGEMENT
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Windows 2000
- Adobe Photoshop
- CAD for Embedded Systems
- Virtual Electronics Lab
- MIS supporting software
- Trouble shooting Techniques in Electronics and Embedded Systems
Research Project approval with PAEC INMOL
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Oncology Lahore .(Centre of excellence in the pacific region) ResearchTitle: “Computer Applications in Biomedical Sciences and Reverse Engineering Techniques” Supervisor: Dr. Muhammad Naeem
COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN MODERN COMMUNICATION NETWORKS AND ON -LINE EDUCATION SYSTEMS
- Installation and Usage of Intranet for Research Methodology Techniques.
- Electronic Mail
EXECUTTING THE MEDLINE MEDICAL DATA BASE PROJECT TITLED
“ CD –ROM search facility for Advanced Clinical Research “
TEACHING AND TRAINING EXPERIENCE FOR HOSPITAL WORKING STAFF AT DIFFERENT MANAGEMENT LEVELS
Regarding computer Applications in Hardware, Software, MIS , Medical Physics, Office Supporting Systems & High Tech Range Instruments.
MERIT AWARDS / CERTIFICATES
- 1986 – 1987. Certificate of Merit in Ten miles Cycle road race, Government College of Science Lahore.
- 1986 –1987 . Certificate of Merit as Captain Runners up(Tug of War ) Government College of Science Lahore.
- 1984 – 1986 . Certificate of Service in NCC Government College of Science Lahore.
MEMBERSHIP OF ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEES
- Member Departmental Review Committee in COMSATS.
- Member Purchase Committee.
- Member Proctorial Board for Students Management.
- Member Organizing Committee for faculty Development Programs in COMSATS.
- Member Organizing Committee for International Conferences and Seminars.
- Member Inquiry Committee in COMSATS.
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab