Dr. Amina Arif
Assistant Professor (Biochemistry)
She has done M.Phil. Leading PhD in Biological Sciences (Biochemistry) from SBS, PU. She has qualified international GRE Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology. She did research under supervision of Prof. Dr. M. Akhtar (Emeritus Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Southampton & DNP/ DG, SBS, UP). Her PhD research project was on “Preparation of recombinant human interferon alpha-2b and removal of its N-terminal methionine using methionine amino peptidases”. She has expertise in recombinant proteins and enzymes preparation and characterization. She has rich experience on co- transformation, co-expression and site directed mutagenesis. Before Joining UCP she served as Assistant Professor in LCWU and been awarded with Research Project by HEC. She has supervised nine MS & six MSc and currently supervising two MS, two MSc and One PhD research. She has twenty publications in HEC recognized international Journals with impact factor. Her name is there in the Directory of Productive Scientists of Pakistan. She is reviewer of many international research journals and member of Quality Enhancement Cell of HEC, University of Central Punjab, Lahore. She has participated in several national and international conferences and seminars as organizer and presenter.
- Advanced Clinical Biochemistry
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Carbohydrates and Lipids
- Cell and Tissue Culture
- PhD (Biochemistry and Molecular biology), School of Biological Sciences, University of the Punjab, Lahore.Pakistan.
- M. Phil leading to PhD Biochemistry, University of the Punjab, LahorePakistan.
- B.Ed: Cambridge Studies Ali Institute of Education LahorePakistan.
- M.Sc Majors in Organic Chemistry-University of the PunjabPakistan
- B.Sc, Majors in Chemistry, Botany and Zoology, Govt. College For Women Gulberg Lahore. Pakistan.
- F.Sc: Pre-Medical: Govt. College For Women Modal Town Lahore Pakistan.
- Matric, Federal Govt. Girls High School Pakistan.
- Assistant Professor Biochemistry at University of Central Punjab Lahore. Pakistan
- Assistant Professor Biochemistry at Lahore College for Women University, Lahore. Pakistan
Honors and Awards
- Qualified International GRE Test Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Qualified Punjab Public Service Commission Examination (For Lecturer Chemistry”).
- Certificate for making the institution (Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges) successful.
- Prize for successfully organizing Mother’s day at Pak Turk International Schools and Colleges.
- Certificate for participating in poster competition at Govt. College for Women Gulberg Lahore.
- Certificate of Services as National cadet corps and women guard at Govt. Model College for women Model Town Lahore.
- Certificate for being badminton player of Federal Govt. Girls High School.
- Won “Science” Quiz at Ali Institute of Education.
- Prize for winning Quiz “Independence Movement” at Ali Institute of Education.
- Member of Pakistan Council of Scientific & Industrial research (PCSIR) Laboratories Complex (Dec 02-Oct 03)
- 1982 – 1984. Linguistics Society of America (LSA). Member.
- 2013 – date. Member Editorial Board. Journal of English Literary & Linguistic Studies (JELLS). Forman Christian College (a charted university), Lahore.
- 1998 – 2005. Regional Editor. The Yearbook of South Asian Languages & Linguistics. Sage Publications. New Delhi.
Graduate Students Postdocs Undergrad Students Honor Students
- 2016 – date. Member, Graduate Research Committee, Faculty of Arts and Social Science, UCP.
- Aug. 1995. Review Report on The Aga Khan University English Language Unit. Ms. The Aga Khan University Faculty of Health Sciences, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Oct. 1994 Textbook Review. English textbook prepared by Baluchistan Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Quetta, Pakistan.
- Feb 1994 Teaching writing at secondary level in Sindh schools. Teacher Training Workshop conducted for Sindh Government’s Secondary School teachers. Sindh Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Karachi, Pakistan.
- 1993 – 1994 National English Language Curriculum. (Coauthor). National curriculum prepared by National English Language Institute (NELI), Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Oct-Nov 1993 English for Parliamentary Staff. Series of language workshops conducted for the staff of Provincial Assembly of Sind. Jointly sponsored by Asia Foundation and National Education and Training Commission (NETCOM), Ministry of Education, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- April 1991 Evaluation of English Language Curriculum.Pakistan Military Academy, Kakul, Abbottabad, Pakistan.
- January 1990 Introduction to Generative Linguistics: Series of Lectures on Syntax, Morphology, Phonology and Sociolinguistics. Pak-American Cultural Centre (PACC), Karachi, Pakistan.
Brief Statement of Research Interest
- Linguistics: Minimalist syntax, Urdu syntax, Sociolinguistics, Language typology.
- ELT: Curriculum design, Testing, ESP.
- A Note of Disagreement on Verb Agreement in Hindi-Urdu. 1989. Linguistics. 27:6 (pp 71-97).
- The Ergative Case in Hindi-Urdu. 1987. Studies in Linguistic Science. 17:1 (pp 91-101)
- Kay hawalay kay hawalay say. March 2016. Adab-e-Latif. 81:3(pp 148-152)
- MaiN, Zamir Naqvi aur ‘nigh-e-deeda-e-tasveer’. December 2011. Adab-e-Latif. 79:12 (pp 242-263).
- Mass literacy: the military option. 2 February 1996. Dawn Magazine.
Selected Professional Presentations
- Developing language quiz on Socrative App. 18 December 2012. Training workshop conducted at Khalifa City Women’s College, Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT), Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Using I-etherpad to develop Writing Skills. (In collaboration with Christine Lampe) 27th March 2011. Workshop conducted at ‘Focus on Foundations Conference’, Centre of Excellence for English, Al-Ain Colleges, HCT. Al Ain, UAE.
- Online tools for IELTS students. (In collaboration with Christine Lampe, Stephen Aston and Tsoghik Grigoryan) 27th March 2011. A joint presentation at ‘Focus on Foundations Conference’, Centre of Excellence for English, Al-Ain Colleges, HCT. Al Ain, UAE.
- Assessment for Learning. 7 October 2010. Workshop conducted for faculty PD at Al Ain Women’s College, HCT, Al Ain, UAE.
- Academic Writing. March 1995. A talk given at the Institute of Business Administration (IBA), Karachi University, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Towards defining ESP. 19 – 22 April 1994. Paper presented at IATEFL annual meeting. Swansea, South Wales, UK.
- Formation of The Aga Khan University English Language Unit. 8 June 1993. A presentation at the Conference of English Language Units of Pakistan, jointly hosted by the University Grants Commission and The British Council, Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Designing a curriculum. September 1992. Workshop conducted at PIA Training Centre, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Applied Linguistics & Language Teaching. 6 Oct. – 22 Dec., 1991. Supervised and delivered a teacher training program at The Aga Khan University, Pakistan.
- What to look for in textbook materials? 14 March 1990. Key note address at SPELT annual conference, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Ergativity in Hindi-Urdu. 1986. Paper presented at South Asian Languages Analysis Roundtable (SALA), University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL., USA.
042-35880007 Ext: 328
University of central punjab Faculty of Life Science